Discussions

News: QuipuKit 1.0 library for JSF

1. QuipuKit 1.0 library for JSF (3 messages)

QuipuKit release 1.0 has been announced by TeamDev. This commercial JSF library includes a set of DHTML-powered components and client-side validation framework that are focused on improving both developer and end-user experience. The QuipuKit components feature AJAX-based updates and comprehensive CSS styling, as seen in this live demo. The component set includes DataTable and TreeTable (with selection, sorting, interactive filtering, and keyboard support), DateChooser and Calendar, Tabbed Pane and TabSet, Chart and DynamicImage, TwoListSelection and DropDownField, and many others. In addition, QuipuKit provides non-visual components for handling scrolling and focus on a Web page. The library comes with out-of-the-box support for client-side validation for both QuipuKit and standard JSF components. Flexible validation logic and customizable error presentation are only some of its features. QuipuKit has been tested with both Apache MyFaces and Sun JSF Reference Implementation. It supports all major browsers, including Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, Mozilla Firefox 2.0, and Safari. Facelets support is also provided. The library is bundled with comprehensive documentation that includes Developer's Guide and Tag Reference. You can download QuipuKit and evaluate its fully-functional version during 30 days.

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Very cool[ Go to top ]

Pretty cool and does not cost a fortune! If this works fine together with Facelets, MyFaces and Ajax4JSF, the it's the thing we've been waiting for.
  3. It's a pity that commercial component libraries for JSF are so simple and 'poor', at least when compared to ASP.NET counterparts. Just look at Telerik's offerings for ASP.NET and compare it to QuipuKit or Icefaces; or inside the same company: compare Infragistics for .NET and Infragistics for JSF. The difference is huge. I hope in the future commercial JSF component libraries improve as much as ASP.NET. Currently java is vastly superior in architecture, but on the other side ASP.NET has far better UI component libraries than JSF, which aid a lot while developing complex web apps (Just look at telerik's combo and grid for asp.net). Good luck with this product, it seems quite nice compared to other JSF component libs, I hope it improves enough to allow me to forget about ASP.NET in the future :)
  4. It's a pity that commercial component libraries for JSF are so simple and 'poor', at least when compared to ASP.NET counterparts.

Just look at Telerik's offerings for ASP.NET and compare it to QuipuKit or Icefaces; or inside the same company: compare Infragistics for .NET and Infragistics for JSF. The difference is huge.

I hope in the future commercial JSF component libraries improve as much as ASP.NET. Currently java is vastly superior in architecture, but on the other side ASP.NET has far better UI component libraries than JSF, which aid a lot while developing complex web apps (Just look at telerik's combo and grid for asp.net).

Good luck with this product, it seems quite nice compared to other JSF component libs, I hope it improves enough to allow me to forget about ASP.NET in the future :)
    +1 Scott