Carbon AS - J2EE Application Server looking for coders

Discussions

News: Carbon AS - J2EE Application Server looking for coders

1. Carbon AS Community Edition wil be an enterprise grade Java Enterprise Edition application server with full support for SOA and Webservices. JMX compliant kernel with support for services based AOP framework. Ease of use and scalability will be built-in to the architecture. Higly modular architecture and external services can be easily plugged into the system. Currently we are in the planning stage of the project and framing the architecture. Since it is in the early stages of the development cycle, we are looking forward to build an all-star team of Java developers with emphasis on JMX and Server based technologies. Developers with prior experience on open source projects with exellent exposure to J2EE technologies are invited to be a part of our team. Features include:
    • JEE 5 support
    • JMX compliant Kernel
    • Webservices support
    • ESB support
    • BPM support
    • Jini based clustering
    • AOP support
    We are planning to release the beta version of the product in the last quarter of 2007. Complementary technologies like ESB, BPM etc. will supported in the initial release of the product. Interested open source and talented developers are invited to be a part of the team. Message was edited by: joeo@enigmastation.com

Threaded Messages (16)

2. Just Another ApServer?[ Go to top ]

I wonder what's driving you to start another AppServer. In what areas does the planned new server differ from other freeware or opensource servers? - architecture - features - integration - footprint good luck Alexander
  3. Re: Just Another ApServer?[ Go to top ]

Sounds like a hoax to me. Or a trap: join the project and you will soon be exposed as the developer-sucker of the year...
  4. Re: Just Another ApServer?[ Go to top ]

Sounds like a hoax to me. Or a trap: join the project and you will soon be exposed as the developer-sucker of the year...
    We are very much in the process of rolling out a J2EE 5 compliant application server. We are in the early stages of the development cycle and building a team of developers. Carbon AS is geared more towards the SOA and Webservices segment. Carbon AS will be a one-stop application server for the entire SOA spectrum. Interested developers can send me a mail: carbon_developers AT yahoo DOT com.
  5. Why is it posted here?[ Go to top ]

- No Web site; - No project plans/documents at all; - "Buzzword bingo" description; - No CVS repository; - The only kind of comments author of this post is posting is spam inviting deevlopers to join. Pretty typical. Every day there are tens of such "projects" appearing to be never actually developed. Why did it make news?
  6. Reminds me of Geronimo being 2 years late. And they've ACTUALLY started with one strong all java server team having already pretty much server side experience. How late are you guys planning to be ? :-D
  7. better idea[ Go to top ]

Of course we always admire people willing to contribute to the open source world. However I'm not sure you appreciate the magnitude of this undertaking.
    Features include: * JEE 5 support * JMX compliant Kernel * Webservices support * ESB support * BPM support * Jini based clustering * AOP support
    Each one of these are HUGE projects that will require many-many hours of planning and dev time. A better solution may be to join forces with an existing open source J2EE server and contribute some of these modules. There are a handful out there that could use help in these areas.
  8. What news is it? I can just query the sourceforge site to see the list of projects which require developers. What value addition is TSS doing here for the community? Hey, I am also planning to start a new project. How much do you guys charge for an advertisemet?
  9. What news is it? I can just query the sourceforge site to see the list of projects which require developers.

What value addition is TSS doing here for the community?

Hey, I am also planning to start a new project. How much do you guys charge for an advertisemet?
    This is not an advertising. Personally, I don't see why you'd have a problem with someone starting an OSS project, going to a community site like tss and posting a news/advertisement. This is not different than posting a bunch of jeronimo and jboss news on here. The question is whether this is a viable true project in the works, or if someone wanted something else to put on their resume, create a sf project and posted a news article. I agree that the editor should of at least read the project site and/or at least knew the person behind it before posting. Stop complaining and don't read the post if you don't like it. Ilya
  10. Personally, I don't see why you'd have a problem with someone starting an OSS project, going to a community site like tss and posting a news/advertisement.
    I do have problem with that because I want us to tackle unsolved problem. Open Source projects have luxury to try new routes and explore alternatives therefore it is sad to see that people waste their energy. If that was initiative to build JINI and JavaSpaces based data/computing grid coupled with nice admin console to do everything that typically J2EE server does, but simpler, faster and more robust, that would be interesting! Another J2EE server - yak..
    This is not different than posting a bunch of jeronimo and jboss news on here.
    Yes, that is the same - there were no (tech) reasons for Geronimo, and even less for this one.
  11. There might be tech-reasons... that's why I asked for those details... a pity that no reply is coming in from the original news-poster... makes the "trap"-hypothesis look probable...
  12. Yes, that is the same - there were no (tech) reasons for Geronimo, and even less for this one.
    Perhaps they have compelling non-technical reasons.
  13. What news is it? I can just query the sourceforge site to see the list of projects which require developers. What value addition is TSS doing here for the community? Hey, I am also planning to start a new project. How much do you guys charge for an advertisemet?
  14. For the life of me I cant understand why the world needs another open source J2EE container.
  15. For the life of me I cant understand why the world needs another open source J2EE container.
    Agreed, but same was true for other OS J2EE containers out there. I'm wondering if he/she had something in mind that wasn't already available somehwere else, or whether this is a programming exercise to boost the resume. Ilya
  16. Perhaps Carbon isnt the best name to pick because it is already used by Apple to name a mac API.
  17. What's funny that author posted his invite into many topics. And other funny is that he haven't posted any other comments. It seems just as wastefull topic.