The StatSVN Team and ObjectLab are proud to announce v0.3.0 of StatSVN
If you want to know what happened in your Subversion repository,this is the tool for you!
StatSVN retrieves information from a Subversion repository and generates various tables and charts describing the project evolution, e.g. the lines of code over time, contribution of each developer, the evolution of modules, directories, files, the time and days when most checkins happen, etc. It also shows the commit logs and integrates
out of the box with ViewVc, BugZilla, Chora and others.
The new version of StatSVN generates a static suite of HTML or XDoc documents containing tables and chart images.
Version 0.3.0 includes, amongst others:
- New Line of Code and 'Churn' page that shows the evolution of LOC and the number of lines touched. This gives a sense of the kind of activity (new lines or re-working existing lines)
- New and dynamic repo based on JTreeMap that at a glance, shows the last 30 days of changes in your repo. It is possible to drill down and is very visual (based on an applet that requires jdk 5 jre). See http://www.statsvn.org/statsvn/repomap.html
- Fetching the line diff is now multi-threaded (25) by default if a call to the server takes more than 2 seconds. Both threshold and threads are configurable
- Added 'experimental' support for SymbolicLinks (tags).
- Based on StatCVS 0.3 (plus one fix for ViewVC with Ant).
- A number of fixes and improvements.
The new XDoc support enables a basic level of integration of the stats in a maven build. This is demonstrated on the following page:
StatSVN is available now for download at http://www.statsvn.org
StatSVN is open source software, released under the terms of the LGPL, based on StatCVS, it uses JFreeChart and JTreeMap to generate charts.
ObjectLab is not new to the open-source community having used numerous OS
projects, participated in a few and sponsoring:
- ObjectLab Kit (http://objectlabkit.sourceforge.net
), a date calculation toolkit for business and finance;
- JTreeMap (http://jtreemap.sourceforge.net
) the only open source heatmap library for Java
- QALab (http://qalab.sourceforge.net
) QA Statistics for your build (now also integrated in JBuilder 2007).
We would like to thank our friends and colleagues for their help, reviews and suggestions.
Feel free to pass on to people who may be interested.
The StatSVN Team and ObjectLab.