Discussions

Performance and scalability: Another way to implement JSF spec.

1. Another way to implement JSF spec. (3 messages)

Absolutely, no one JSF component libary can cover all the components needed for future application developement in an Enterprise. Customers will 'invent' customized style of web components. My sugenstion is: Implement JSF specification based on a template engines,such as Velocity or FreeMarker. App developers can specify which template to use when render a JSF component. If so, a JSF component in web page will look like: When 'template' attribute is absent, the JSF engine will use build-in implementation. This solution will leave all the style control to developers. What about add this feature to MyFaces?

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Have you looked at Facelets. I think it does what you are promoting here.
  3. Look at this case[ Go to top ]

I need a group of checkboxes. To fit page size, I want those checkboxes align in two columns. Actually, standard tag in JSF render this group of checkboxes like that. Another way, to create a custom tag, is so hard to me and most of JSF newbes.
  4. Re: Look at this case[ Go to top ]

I need a group of checkboxes. To fit page size, I want those checkboxes align in two columns. Actually, standard tag in JSF render this group of checkboxes like that.

Not sure I follow what you are saying. I say this over an over but NO ONE should ever try to build an application using the standard JSF components. Maybe good for teaching a tutorial but the standard components are so weak that anyone trying to deliver a basic application using JSF will get quickly frustrated. Then they have to begin talking about custom tags and its down hill from there. Are you using a JSF component suite, lots out there, and good ones in MyFaces subprojects like Tobago and Trinidad