Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: DynaActionForm set problems

1. DynaActionForm set problems (1 messages)

Hi, I am trying to use a DynaActionForm in Struts and am having problems setting values. All seems well, but when I go to the display page, it is just blank with no values. I am mapping both Strings and ArrayLists in my DynaActionForm and I cannot see anything in the resulting form. Maybe, it is just something basic, but I just cannot seem to see it...hope you can help me out..Here's what I have struts-config.xml Action object : public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form, HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws Exception { logger.debug("In the ReportDisplayAction action class *********************************"); DynaActionForm thresholdForm = (DynaActionForm)form; String pcc = request.getParameter("pcc"); String agentid = request.getParameter("agentid"); String reportid = request.getParameter("reportid"); int id = 0; if(reportid!=null) { logger.debug("Report Id present and is equal to "+reportid); id = new Integer(reportid).intValue(); } try { TsdsReport displayReport = report.viewReport(pcc, agentid, id ); thresholdForm.set("dkNumbers", displayReport.getFullDks()); thresholdForm.set("dkList", displayReport.getDkNumbers()); thresholdForm.set("emailList", displayReport.getEmails()); thresholdForm.set("nameList", displayReport.getVipNames()); thresholdForm.set("pccs", displayReport.getFullPccs()); thresholdForm.set("pccList", displayReport.getPccs()); thresholdForm.set("maxEmployees", "4"); thresholdForm.set("nameofReport", "JAKKAS REPORT"); return mapping.findForward("success"); } catch(Exception ex) { ex.printStackTrace(); return mapping.findForward("failure"); } } JSP : Have a bunch of Enter VIP names:

Last Name First Name

in my display JSP... Can you see anything wrong with what I am doing. I just am unable to display any values in my JSP. I can see that the values are being set in the Action object.. Any help will be truly appreciated. Regards, Sherry
  2. DynaDecryptForm in your ReportDisplayAction class, put request.setAttribute("DynaDecryptForm",thresholdForm); in the JSP that is forward from that action be sure to put.. ... ... ...