Discussions

News: MagicDraw 14.0 UML tool adds new Report Engine

1. No Magic, Inc. has announced the release of MagicDraw 14.0. This version of their business process and architecture modeling tool improves documentation capabilities with a new report engine. It adds significant performance improvements and allows you to generate up-to-date reports based on your own templates with custom layout and formatting. Also, MagicDraw 14.0 now adds C++ code engineering support for Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 together with other C++ code engineering improvements. The new report engine allows MagicDraw users to generate up-to-date reports based on their own template including specifying their own layout and formatting. The templates can be used to create different versions of report data and populate the template with data from any project. The new reports support a set of operations including filter criteria in the template fields. This allows you to specify what modeling elements are included in a report. Also, MagicDraw users can format the template by the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) principle; tables of contents, headers and footers, and pages numbers. The report can be personalized with characters, paragraphs, and fonts that are supported by the chosen file format. MagicDraw UML 14.0 also adds multiple C++ improvements. The existing C++ code engineering features were updated to support the Microsoft Managed C++ (Visual Studio 2003) and C++/CLI (Visual Studio 2005). Pricing and Availability For information about MagicDraw 14.0, and to try our free trial version, register and download a copy online at http://www.magicdraw.com. MagicDraw is now available for purchase in six editions and four license types (standalone, mobile, floating, and site). Standalone Pricing: Personal Edition ($149). Standard Edition (from $499), Professional (from $899), Enterprise (from $1,599). The SysML plugin for MagicDraw is now available with the special limited time introductory price of $249. The DoDAF plugin for MagicDraw is available for $999, or for $899, if bought at the same time with the SysML plugin. Teamwork Solution - Along with single licenses, our Teamwork Server can help team collaboration and is available in three editions: 2-5 Connections ($1,495), 6-10 Connections ($2,995), and 10+ Connections ($5,995). Educational and government discounts are available exclusively through direct sales. Software Assurance Contracts allow customers to receive the new releases with prices starting at $39* (Personal), $99* (Standard), $199* (Professional), $319* (Enterprise), $255* (Teamwork Server). (* If bought with the original purchase.) A free Academic Personal Site License is available, and a free MagicDraw model reader is also available for you to share your models, all at www.magicdraw.com.

Threaded Messages (8)

2. MagicDraw 14.0 now adds C++ code engineering support for Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 together with other C++ code engineering improvements.
    MagicDraw UML 14.0 also adds multiple C++ improvements. The existing C++ code engineering features were updated to support the Microsoft Managed C++ (Visual Studio 2003) and C++/CLI (Visual Studio 2005).
    How are these new features relevant to "Your Enterprise Java Community"
  3. MagicDraw 14.0 now adds C++ code engineering support for Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 together with other C++ code engineering improvements.

MagicDraw UML 14.0 also adds multiple C++ improvements. The existing C++ code engineering features were updated to support the Microsoft Managed C++ (Visual Studio 2003) and C++/CLI (Visual Studio 2005).

How are these new features relevant to "Your Enterprise Java Community"
    Your Enterprise Java Community isn't homogenized to Java, of course...
  4. Congratulations[ Go to top ]

MagicDraw is undoubtedly the best UML tool available, while at a large investment bank we managed to change the corporate "standard" from Rational's [now IBM's] out of date, difficult to use, non-standard, Rose and XDE to allow MagicDraw. It was the only UML tool that could handle the complexity of our financial models, FpML etc. For anyone that can remember TogetherJ before Borland killed it this is now the tool of choice when it comes to modelling, it's excellent for documenting code or presenting ideas behind a design. We used MagicDraw as our standard "language" when defining requirements for outsourcing and in return the architecture and design document were returned the same way. It became an excellent mechanism for prototyping ideas and documenting models. As an independent developer or architect there are just a few products these days that are worth paying for over the open source alternatives, IntelliJ is one, MagicDraw is another. Great work guys, I'm downloading in the background. -John-
  5. Re: Congratulations[ Go to top ]

MagicDraw is undoubtedly the best UML tool available, while at a large investment bank we managed to change the corporate "standard" from Rational's [now IBM's] out of date, difficult to use, non-standard, Rose and XDE to allow MagicDraw.
    Nodding my head while reading this... I've only really used Rose and RSA, and I did appreciate Rose's support for allowing multiple people to easily work on the same model as once. John, how does MagicDraw stack up in this area? It's nice to hear a resounding endorsement of a UML tool. Have you used RSA and Rhapsody as well?
  6. anonymous binding[ Go to top ]

Does anyone know of a tool that implements the UML concept of "anonymous" binding for parameterized classes (i.e. templates)? I use Magic Draw, but it does not (it only implements regular binding - through the template binding association). Thank you, César Moura
  7. Re: anonymous binding[ Go to top ]

Hi Cesar, Have you looked at Enterprise Architect from SparxSystems.com - it might satisfy your needs. It certainly allows you to add parameterized templates - which you may be able to specify of type '?' for Java? T.
  8. Re: Re: anonymous binding in include[ Go to top ]

Hi, Tony, Ok, I'm taking a look at EA. In fact, what I need is the possibility of attributing a parametered class to a property right in the declaration of that property, without having to make an explicit binding before. FOr example, I need to be able to do: - myProp MyParamAbleClass Foo, s->"bar">; César ps:Existing tools oblige me to first create the bound class - MyParamEdClass: MyParamAbleClassFoo, s->"bar"> In fact, that is accomplished by drawing template binding arrows. Only then can I attribute my parametered class to my property: - myProp MyParamEdClass;
  9. sohbetim mirc muhabbet Sohbet Sitesi Chat Sohpet Sohbet Yangın Söndürme Yangin Sondurme Aspiratör Aspiratör Vantilatör Hava Soğutma Hücreli Aspiratörler Fanlar Radyal Körükler Toz Toplama Soğutma Kulesi Klima Santraller Malzeme Nakil Vantilatörleri iso 14001 iso 14001 iso 22000 iso 22000 haccp belgesi haccp belgesi ikamet tezkeresi yabancı çalışma izni yabancı personel çalışma izni ohsas 18001 ohsas 18001 iso 9001 ohsas belgesi ISO 9001 Teşvik Belgesi Çocuk Bezi Hasta Bezi Makyaj Malzemeleri Makyaj Temizleme Mendili Kişisel Bakım kolonyalı mendil Islak mendil Dudak Koruyucu Temizlik Ürünleri Göz Kalemi Diyet Ürünleri Süper Site driver Güvenlik Kamerası Islak Mendil Kolonyalı Mendil Kolonyalı Mendil JoyTurk driver ara web tasarım Güvenlik Kamerası Video Cilt Bakımı video süper perde jaluzi perde stor perde dikey perde perde modelleri magazin perde jaluzi perde stor perde dikey perde perde modelleri