Discussions

XML & Web services: Cannot find child element: arg0

1. Cannot find child element: arg0 (1 messages)

hi, I am trying to run a web service. The Java client runs without any problem. But I have tried 2 clients: one in PHP, the other one with VBS, and both give me the error "Cannot find child element: arg0" Here is the code Echo.java code: package uk.co.regdeveloper.webservice; import java.rmi.Remote; import javax.jws.WebParam; import javax.jws.WebService; import javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding; @WebService @SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC, use = SOAPBinding.Use.LITERAL) //@SOAPBinding(style = Style.DOCUMENT) public interface Echo extends Remote { String echo(@WebParam(name="MonParam") String e); } EchoBean.java code: package uk.co.regdeveloper.webservice; import javax.ejb.Local; import javax.ejb.Stateless; import javax.jws.WebParam; import javax.jws.WebService; import javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding; @Stateless @WebService(endpointInterface = "uk.co.regdeveloper.webservice.Echo") @SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC, use = SOAPBinding.Use.LITERAL) @Local(Echo.class) public class EchoBean { public String echo( @WebParam(name="MyParam") String e) { return "Web Service Echo + " + e; } } If i specify the name of the parameter with the @WebParam, then i get the same error message : "Cannot find child element: MyParam". So i am using the RPC/LITERAL style, and I get the error "Cannot find child element: arg0" If I use the DOCUMENT/LITERAL style, I get a different error. Anyways, I am stuck here. Does anyone have an idea ? I know it is not PHP related, since I get the exact same error with a completely different client (VBS). Thanks for helping
  2. Have you figured this out? I doubt if you can use @Local for Web Service. Have you tried replacing that with @Remote? Cheers!