Sneak peek - The Framework Impasse @ TSSJS

Discussions

News: Sneak peek - The Framework Impasse @ TSSJS

1. Sneak peek - The Framework Impasse @ TSSJS (7 messages)

In this podcast interview, Matt discusses the inherent benefits of developing with a framework, component-based vs. request-based frameworks, the danger of a 'one framework fits all' mentality, criteria for comparing frameworks, and how all of this, and much more, will be covered in-depth at TSSJS. Listen to Podcast

Threaded Messages (7)

2. Broken Link[ Go to top ]

That link is broken. For article blurb: http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=MattRaiblePodcast or direct to the mp3: http://media.techtarget.com/audioCast/APP_DEVELOPMENT/RaibleTSSJS.mp3 -B
  3. I'm surprised. GWT looks like the Ron Paul of the "Impasse." (Shows some critical mass but locked out of the debate) I guess it's just server-side request/component frameworks.
  4. I agree it's strange that GWT is not being discussed at this conference. It was #2 on my list of frameworks I wanted to see discussed. For the record, here's the talks I wanted to see: JSF/Seam GWT Grails Tapestry 5 Wicket JRuby on Rails Struts 2 Spring MVC Java Web Framework Smackdown Ajax Framework Smackdown Mike Stenhouse's Building Modern Web Applications The response I received from TSS was as follows:
    Tapestry hasn't been a very popular topic at past shows so I thought I'd leave it out (feel free to strongly agree/disagree). Regarding GWT, and the Ajax Frameworks comparison, I think these two talks would be better suited for Justin Gehtland’s ‘Presentation Tier’ track – I have recommended these two talks to him.
  5. ...The response I received from TSS was as follows:
    Tapestry hasn't been a very popular topic at past shows so I thought I'd leave it out (feel free to strongly agree/disagree)...
    It is understandable given the fact the T did not get big mind share. It is sad not to see Flex there - it is very viable client side technology and deserves attention.
  6. Actually, there will be a talk on GWT. Jeff Dwyer, author of the upcoming Apress book, "Pro Web 2.0 Application Development with GWT," will be presenting a fireside chat on the subject. The session abstract should be up on the site shortly. Matt, sorry for not giving you a heads up on this earlier -- we just confirmed the talk this week. :) Cheers, Nitin
  7. Transcript?[ Go to top ]

For those of us still working for Mr. Slate and car-pooling to work with Fred Flintstone, could a transcript be provided for this podcast? :-) Regards, Tom
  8. Re: Transcript?[ Go to top ]

For those of us still working for Mr. Slate and car-pooling to work with Fred Flintstone, could a transcript be provided for this podcast? :-)

Regards,
    Tom
    +1 I hate podcasts.