Discussions

News: Sneak Peek - The Presentation Tier @ TSSJS

1. Sneak Peek - The Presentation Tier @ TSSJS (3 messages)

In this podcast interview, Justin discusses all that has to happen on the server side in order to render Ajax and its related technologies on the client side, what the shift toward RESTful-style apps means for developers, why there's an increased focus on security as it pertains to what ends up in the browser and how all of this, and much more, will be covered in-depth at TSSJS. Listen to Podcast
  2. OK, I listened to the podcast to figure out why GWT is so under represented at TSSJS. There seems to be a bias towards Ajax technologies that are completely decoupled from server side technologies. JSON is the only mandatory integration point. I get the feeling Ruby people want to keep things open. Better to learn several languages than optimize one. To me GWT, is that a-ha! moment that gives me access to the client space. I am surprised it doesn't have a greater following.
  3. OK, I listened to the podcast to figure out why GWT is so under represented at TSSJS.

There seems to be a bias towards Ajax technologies that are completely decoupled from server side technologies. JSON is the only mandatory integration point. I get the feeling Ruby people want to keep things open. Better to learn several languages than optimize one.

To me GWT, is that a-ha! moment that gives me access to the client space. I am surprised it doesn't have a greater following.
    We've gotten that a few times, including one... proponent internally who realised it a few weeks ago. GWT's underrepresented entirely by accident. It's one of the two or three "go-to" UI frameworks for me, for example, and the only real question is exactly how much it's being used actively in the market. As far as TSSJS, I'd love to see a fireside chat include it, for example, or a BOF, or any number of other options. We've certainly included it in the past. :)
  4. OK, I listened to the podcast to figure out why GWT is so under represented at TSSJS.

There seems to be a bias towards Ajax technologies that are completely decoupled from server side technologies. JSON is the only mandatory integration point. I get the feeling Ruby people want to keep things open. Better to learn several languages than optimize one.

To me GWT, is that a-ha! moment that gives me access to the client space. I am surprised it doesn't have a greater following.
    We have added a Fireside Chat on GWT - 'Real GWT Applications' will be presented by Jeff Dwyer, author of 'Pro Web 2.0 Application Development with GWT'. Justin will be covering GWT in his Ajax Frmaework Comparison talk as well, and Geert Bevin is including GWT in his presentation 'Boldly Go Where the Java Language Has Never Gone Before' which is part of our Development Kung F00 track. Ashley Graham-Wilcox Marketing Manager, TSSJS