Discussions

News: So long, and Thanks for All The Fish

1. So long, and Thanks for All The Fish (15 messages)

Nitin Bharti, Editorial Manager for TSS, is quitting^Wmoving on from TechTarget. So long, Nitin, and thanks for all the fish... Nitin's been a good friend and a lot of fun to work with, despite all the crap that goes back and forth between us. It's just friendly banter, even though I have to point out that I win most of the time, losing only when he pulls rank on me. I didn't win this one, though. Nitin's transitioning over to DZone, another technology-focused community, and we at TSS wish him all the best, even while we're crying into our green tea muttering "betrayer!"

Threaded Messages (15)

2. There are those who visibly are associated with public initiatives and then there are unsung heros that are making things happen behind the scenes. Nitin is definitely one of the latter. Nitin has been working on TSS since 2002, and was an important part of the team and a pleasure to work with. I'm sure that Nitin played an important role keeping TSS to it's vision in the last 2 years since I left, and that is no easy task. This is a great victory for DZone, and a great loss for TSS. Good luck Nitin! Floyd Marinescu Co-founder & CEO of InfoQ.com Creator of TheServerSide.com ps - Joe now you're gonna have to work twice as hard. :)
  3. Best of luck[ Go to top ]

I suspect that many people don't realize the hard work that goes into building sites and communities like this. As Floyd says, Nitin has been a great contributor for years. Nitin, it's been a pleasure whenever we've crossed paths in your role at TSS, and I wish you the best for the future. Rgds Rod SpringSource
  4. See you on the flip side[ Go to top ]

Nitin is a good bloke, and there is no higher praise! TSS will miss you, but at least we will see you kitty corner at DZone. All the best, and good luck! Cheers, Dion Almaer ajaxian.com and former TSS editor
  5. Next time, share the fish![ Go to top ]

Nitin, Selfishly (there's another fish), I'm going to miss you at TSSJS, those long evening discussing technology in H&H in Vegas, it won't be the same without you. You and Jo held TSS together and poor-old Jo is going to have a lot of work on his hands now. I've logged into DZone and look forward to another great site like TSS and InfoQ. The very best of luck, when's the first DZJS? -John-
  6. Quoting Rod:
    I suspect that many people don't realize the hard work that goes into building sites and communities like this. As Floyd says, Nitin has been a great contributor for years.
    As one who worked on establishing local users group in the past i can only appreciate the work that Rod and Floyd is referring to. It's been a pleasure working with you and were going to miss you on the TSS symposium event but as Dion said were still going to see you around the corner at DZone. Best of luck. Nati S.
  7. Nitin, thanks a lot for all your community involvement at TSS. I will also miss you at TSSJS. You've always been a pleasure to work with and to chat with. Good look on your new endeavors!
  8. Gaaaahhhh!!!! I was counting on hanging out with Nitin at TSSJS in Vegas. Anyways, good luck to both Nitin and TSS! --Ari
  9. Hey Ari, I think we owe each other a few beers, you were unfortunately distracted last year, hopefully we can catch up this year. Who needs Nitin anyway, he never paid for the drinks! -John-
  10. John, the next time we hit up that biker bar in Vegas, I promise you that beer is on me -- so long as you don't actually get up on the bar and dance. ;) Nitin
  11. Hey Ari,
    I think we owe each other a few beers, you were unfortunately distracted last year, hopefully we can catch up this year.

Who needs Nitin anyway, he never paid for the drinks!

-John-
    John, I am in London next week. wanna meet up? --Ari
  12. John,
    I am in London next week. wanna meet up?

--Ari
    You're on, let's move to email... -John- echo "John Davies" | awk '{printf("%s@%sT%s.com\n",$1,$1,$2); }'
  13. See you soon, Nitin ![ Go to top ]

Since we've met at JavaOne a few years ago, Nitin, it always appreciated your kindness and professional responsiveness. I'm looking forward to meet you for other community activities in your new environment. See you soon. John. JavaBlackBelt.com founder.
  14. It's been a tremendous pleasure working with such a talented group of people, including all the 'movers and shakers' that have commented on this thread -- Java as a platform and community would not be where it is today without your contributions. Thanks for all your support, guys. I look forward to speaking with all of you in the near future. Nitin Bharti
  15. It's been a tremendous pleasure working with such a talented group of people ..
    Hey .. what about me? Just wanted to wish you the best ;-) (And you too, Joe ..) Peace, Cameron Purdy Oracle Coherence: Data Grid for Java and .NET
  16. It's been a tremendous pleasure working with such a talented group of people ..

Hey .. what about me?

Just wanted to wish you the best ;-)

(And you too, Joe ..)
    Ha! I'm not a "mover and a shaker." At best, I'm merely a wiggler. I don't like this analogy any more.