is a Java framework for processing XML and non-XML data (CSV, EDI, Java, other). The Smooks for Mule 1.0 Beta is now available
Smooks for Mule enables complex Message Transformation and Routing compatible with Mule versions 1.x and 2.x. The features for both versions are almost the same. Several examples are provided to demonstrate the module
. You may download Smooks for Mule
Smooks can be used to:
* Perform a wide range of Data Transforms - XML to XML , CSV to XML , EDI to XML , XML to EDI , XML to CSV , Java to XML , Java to EDI , Java to CSV , Java to Java, XML to Java, EDI to Java etc.
* Populate a Java Object Model from a data source (CSV, EDI , XML, Java etc). Populated object models can be used as a transformation result itself, or can be used by templating resources for generating XML or other character-based results.
* Support of Virtual Object Models (Maps and Lists of typed data), which can be used by EL and Templating functionality.
* Process huge messages (GBs) - split, transform and route message fragments to JMS , file, or database endpoints.
* Enrich a message with data from a database, or other data sources.
* Perform Extract Transform Load (ETL) operations
Smooks supports both DOM and SAX processing models, but adds a code friendly layer on top of them. It allows you to plug in your own content handler implementations (written in Java or Groovy), or reuse an existing handler.