TheServerSide.com 2008 Java Trends Survey

Discussions

News: TheServerSide.com 2008 Java Trends Survey

1. TheServerSide.com 2008 Java Trends Survey (11 messages)

TheServerSide.com 2008 Java Trends Survey will help us better understand your needs for content in the future. Please take ten minutes for the survey at http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/56012/theserverside-com-2008-java-trends-survey. One person will be chosen in a random drawing to win an 8GB iPod Touch. Thanks!
  2. ... get as far as "ABOUT YOUR USE OF PLATFORM TECHNOLOGY" and it just says "There was an error on your page", without giving any information of what is the error (all questions are answered). Would have thought that it was standard practice to highlight what question is an "error". It doesn't even allow selection of J2SE for "Java architecture"; nobody would ever want to use that.
  3. I got same error message. I tried to move one of the scroll list up and down and clicked on optional field(and filled - one of the required field that lost its original data)
  4. Changing the order of the importance(the ones with arrows pointing up and down) on all questions solved the problem for me.
  5. Order questions frustrating[ Go to top ]

The questions asking you to order the importance of factors was very frustrating. The labels can be very subjectilvy interpreted and are filled with nebulous buzzwords.
  6. I got the same error... can't complete the survey
  7. Got to about 28% done. Asked for userID and password (!!) Needs work...
  8. No mention of JSF?[ Go to top ]

Interesting that it only mentions JSP and Servlets in the core Java EE. And it doesn't mention JSF when it talks about other Web frameworks.
  9. Can anyone please explain the difference between: - J2EE 1.4 - Java EE 4 which are both listed as 2 separate items?
  10. Can anyone please explain the difference between:

- J2EE 1.4
    - Java EE 4

which are both listed as 2 separate items?
    One difference is that there exists something called J2EE 1.4. As far as I know, nothing is called Java EE 4
  11. Thanks, we're looking into the problems that a few of you had. They seem to be very sporadic.
  12. Untested and probably no one read it before publishinh... Don't expect me to complete it....