Discussions

News: Introducing Exadel Fiji

1. Introducing Exadel Fiji (12 messages)

Exadel Fiji extends JSF by allowing the use of Flex with JSF components and within a JSF page. When using Fiji Flex components, developers can use Flex with the same familiar JSF component-based approach to building user interfaces. You can view the demo at http://livedemo.exadel.com/fiji-demo/ . Or read more about Fiji at http://exadel.com/web/portal/fiji .

Threaded Messages (12)

2. Re: Introducing Exadel Fiji[ Go to top ]

Looks nice. What's the license?
  3. Re: Introducing Exadel Fiji[ Go to top ]

Exadel Fiji will be licensed as a commercial library. We invite you to download and use as a trial version now, and look forward to your feedback.
  4. Re: Introducing Exadel Fiji[ Go to top ]

Exadel Fiji will be licensed as a commercial library. We invite you to download and use as a trial version now, and look forward to your feedback.
    hmm... can you just sell it to JBoss and LGPL it, instead? ;-)
  5. Re: Introducing Exadel Fiji[ Go to top ]

+1 !!
  6. Re: Introducing Exadel Fiji[ Go to top ]

+1
  7. Re: Introducing Exadel Fiji[ Go to top ]

Actually working with Flex 3 is very nice, I prefer it than JSF for the front end, so why I have to pay for something is more bloated? With Flex 3 I can get it for free and is opensource and is a pleasure to use. I integrated Flex 3 with Spring framework. Regards.
  8. Re: Introducing Exadel Fiji[ Go to top ]

Fiji: Flex and JSF. The power of two. I don't know how it is power of two, rather it is twice the bloat. Flex as a UI technology is more or less self sufficient and rich enough. Not sure why to take on two competing technologies and try to manage both. http://sunilabinash.vox.com
  9. Re: Introducing Exadel Fiji[ Go to top ]

I do agree. Flex can directly call presentation services, defined in a spring container (and based on business services) through BlazeDS. It is very elegant, straightforward, and efficient (since it can use AMF binary format, over HTTP connection). And a lot easier than JSF. May be useful for an application based on JSF, with some advanced components (dynamic charts...), but even for these components, BlazeDS is probably a best choice (even for only these components). Cyril
  10. Flex as a UI technology is more or less self sufficient and rich enough
    Actually, this is a major reason for Fiji. JSF stands for JavaServer Faces, where "server" is the key word. JSF UI components are still oriented towards the server back end. Developing highly interactive rich UI components in classical JSF is not an easy job. Fiji allows you to bring the power of Flex into the JSF environment. Fiji might be interesting for: * People who want to add rich Flex/Flash elements, like charts, in their existing JSF pages * People who have already developed an enterprise-level JSF application and want to replace the front end (completely or partially) with Flex saving their investment in the existing JSF backend. * People who want to mix and match Flex components with non-Flex stuff on the same page. The most well-known examples are YouTube and Flickr. Fiji is about JSF. If you are interested in a setup that involves communication between the Flex frontend and Seam or Spring, Exadel has another product called Exadel Flamingo.
  11. Flex as a UI technology is more or less self sufficient and rich enough

Actually, this is a major reason for Fiji. JSF stands for JavaServer Faces, where "server" is the key word. JSF UI components are still oriented towards the server back end.
    I agree you are trying to make Flex adoption easier for teams already working with JSF. JSF is a server side framework whereas Flex is only client side and does not depend on the server side at all for UI. Meaning there is no real dependency on http session and other support from server. This also gives the advantage of a stateless server when Flex is used without mixing with JSF.
    If you are interested in a setup that involves communication between the Flex frontend and Seam or Spring, Exadel has another product called Exadel Flamingo.
    Thanks but no. I will stick to my lightweight servlet spitting out xml which flex has got real good support for and the same xml goes onto our mobile clients as well. We will soon opensource this framework which supports flex modules concept out of the box. Thanks Sunil http://sunilabinash.vox.com
  12. Exadel Flamingo, that sounds interesting, Yeah, I want Spring with Flex integration. I will check it out, Right now I'm using BlazeDS but I would like another option. Thanks for the tip. Regards.
  13. Adding Fiji Chart Dynamically[ Go to top ]

Hi, Here is the code to add Fiji Chart dynamically. import com.exadel.fiji.component.html.HtmlBarChart; import com.exadel.fiji.component.html.HtmlChartData; : : HtmlChartData chartData =new HtmlChartData(); chartData.setValue(new MedalsBean().getNames()); HtmlBarChart chart=new HtmlBarChart(); chart.setValue(new MedalsBean().getMedalsData()); chartData.setParent(chart); chart.setBarColors(new MedalsBean().getColors()); chart.setWidth(200); chart.setHeight(200); chart.setId(chart.getClientId(_context)+1); chart.setRendered(true); : : But this chart is not rendering. i.e there is some error in Filling Data to chart. Can anybody tell me how to add the Chart dynamically. Code For MedalBean package fiji; import java.util.ArrayList; import java.util.LinkedHashMap; import java.util.Map; import javax.annotation.PostConstruct; public class MedalsBean { private Map<String, Integer[]> medalsData = new LinkedHashMap<String,Integer[]>(); private ArrayList colors = new ArrayList(); private ArrayList names = new ArrayList(); private Integer[] medalsChina = new Integer[]{51, 21, 28}; private Integer[] medalsUSA = new Integer[]{36, 38, 36}; private Integer[] medalsRussia = new Integer[]{23, 21, 28}; private String countrySelected; private String medalTypeSelected; private String medalCountSelected; public String getCountrySelected() { return countrySelected; } public void setCountrySelected(String countrySelected) { this.countrySelected = countrySelected; } public String getMedalTypeSelected() { return medalTypeSelected; } public void setMedalTypeSelected(String medalTypeSelected) { this.medalTypeSelected = medalTypeSelected; } public String getMedalCountSelected() { return medalCountSelected; } public void setMedalCountSelected(String medalCountSelected) { this.medalCountSelected = medalCountSelected; } @PostConstruct private void init() { medalsData.put("China", medalsChina); medalsData.put("USA", medalsUSA); medalsData.put("Russia", medalsRussia); names.add("Gold"); names.add("Silver"); names.add("Bronze"); colors.add("#DAA520"); colors.add("#C0C0C0"); colors.add("#B87333"); } public Map<String, Integer[]> getMedalsData() { return medalsData; } public ArrayList getColors() { return colors; } public ArrayList getNames() { return names; } public Integer[] getMedalsChina() { return medalsChina; } public Integer[] getMedalsUSA() { return medalsUSA; } public Integer[] getMedalsRussia() { return medalsRussia; } } Thanks in advance. Regards Devika.N