News: ItsNat v0.4. More browsers and better iPhone 2.0 support
- Posted by: Jose Maria Arranz
- Posted on: September 23 2008 14:55 EDT
- Re: ItsNat v0.4. More browsers and better iPhone 2.0 support by Jose Maria Arranz on September 24 2008 08:51 EDT
- Re: ItsNat v0.4. More browsers and better iPhone 2.0 support by Jose Maria Arranz on September 24 2008 10:51 EDT
- Re: ItsNat v0.4. More browsers and better iPhone 2.0 support by Jose Maria Arranz on September 24 2008 10:56 EDT
- Re: ItsNat v0.4. More browsers and better iPhone 2.0 support by Jose Maria Arranz on September 24 2008 13:10 EDT
- Re: ItsNat v0.4. More browsers and better iPhone 2.0 support by Jose Maria Arranz on September 24 2008 15:36 EDT
More info about the critical iPhone 2.0 bug referred in the notice.
IMPORTANT: Fixed a stupid bug, so some examples in the Feature Showcase are not working. Please download again, the last version is: 0.4.0.2 The demo is temporally offline, sorry the inconveniences. I'm going to release soon an update to support the last Android version 1.0 r1. Seems that HTML select elements with "multiple" attribute does not work very well in ItsNat (in fact in version 0.9 a serious visual bug made it unusable). I'm going to investigate this problem, it makes me wonder if the real phone works too. Anyway select elements in WebKit mobile browsers like Android and iPhone is a real nightmare.
The online demo is up again.
No,no,no, I can't believe it, the bug in Android is the same as iPhone. This is not strange, both share very much source code, part of this source code is not shared with desktop Safari, Chrome etc because they don't use the window approach for selection, this approach is the root of the pain. But this is not the most important problem, the workaround applied for iPhone could work for Android v1 r1 (using blur to fire change), the following bug is present too and it is by far MORE SERIOUS: The first element on a HTML select with "multiple" is EVER SELECTED! this bug was present on the first iPhone and doesn't have a workaround (I spent many failed hours trying to fix it from ItsNat): http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=324849 http://modeleven.blogspot.com/2007/12/iphone-bugs.html To test this bug open the following page with Android v1 r1: http://prayforsalvation.com/cgi-bin/iphonebug.pl The first item is selected and shouldn't (see the source code served using a desktop browser). Please Google guys don't sell your phone with these terrific bugs or deliver quickly a patch. I will wait to a newer Android release.
I've just discovered that the form in http://prayforsalvation.com/cgi-bin/iphonebug.pl is not sent in Android! The problem is not the SELECT element, is the POST method, it only works with GET!!