Discussions

TSS feedback: Newcomer's section

1. Newcomer's section (1 messages)

Hi guys,
    First of all ,my heartfelt compliments to all personnel at 'theserverside.com'.This portal has a great design
    -the navigation is very easy
    -no. of links/page is very optimum
    -the graphical part is excellent,very pleasing colors
    -a very good inspiration to anyone wanting to create their portal using J2EE
    -last but not the least : the quality of technical information available here is just too good.

My suggestions:
    -Can u create a section for those who are newcomers/novices to the J2EE/Middleware technologies.This helps to segregate very basic queries from advanced level topics(For eg. a newcomer might be asking abt. installation problems in an appserver whereas an advanced level guy would be discussing complex architectures ).
    -the threads posted by a user will have count 1 even when there are no replies ;this is no big issue but it just takes a while to get used to it;perhaps it is done that way to indicate the beginning of a main thread!!I was wondering if it could start from 0 for no replies.

keep up the good work,
    Girish

Threaded Messages (1)

2. Newcomer's section[ Go to top ]

Hello,

where are the design patters for this website? I thought that they were available as the "about us" section states?

Thank You.
    Great Site!