Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Error deploying EJB on weblogic Unable to set the transaction at

1. Hi, I am working through the examples in book "Mastering Enterprise JavaBeans" by Ed Roman. In chapter "Writing Bean-Managed Persistent Entity Beans", there is an example of Account bean. When I have tried to deploy on weblogic I get the following errors:"An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details. Exception preparing module: EJBModule(BMPEntityEjb.jar) Unable to deploy EJB: C:\bea\weblogic91\samples\domains\wl_server\.\servers\examplesServer\tmp\_WL_user\BMPEntity\11cpp1\BMPEntityEjb.jar from BMPEntityEjb.jar: Unable to set the transaction attribute for method '*' on EJB 'AccountEJB'. No matching method could be found. Please verify the method signature specified in the ejb-jar.xml file matches that of your Local interface for this EJB. Substituted for the exception weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.DeploymentDescriptorException which lacks a String contructor, original message - Unable to set the transaction attribute for method '*' on EJB 'AccountEJB'. No matching method could be found. Please verify the method signature specified in the ejb-jar.xml file matches that of your Local interface for this EJB. " Could someone suggest how to resolve this problem, please.
  2. Another error when deploying EJB[ Go to top ]

I add a new method into an existing stateless session bean EquipmentServiceSession. the method signature is like /** * @ejbgen:remote-method * is-idempotent=true */ public EquipmentInfo[] getActiveEquipment(Date effectiveFrom, Date effectiveTo) throws ... After rebuilding the EAR and trying to deploy it onto a Weblogic Server 8.1, get the following exception =========================== Kernel>> <Stack trace for message 149004 weblogic.management.ApplicationException: Exception:weblogic.management.ApplicationException: prepare failed for semspack.jar Module: semspack.jar Error: Exception preparing module: EJBModule(semspack.jar,status=NEW) Unable to deploy EJB: C:\bea\USER_P~1\domains\CMRSDO~1\.\myserver\.wlnotdelete\semspackEAS\semspack.jar from semspack.jar: weblogic.ejb20.deployer.DeploymentDescriptorException: Unable to set the idempotency for method 'getActiveEquipment(java.util.Date,java.util.Date)' on EJB 'EquipmentServiceSession'. No matching method could be found. Please verify the method signature specified in the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml file matches that of your interface for this EJB. …… Caused by: java.lang.Throwable: Substituted for the exception weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.DeploymentDescriptorException which lacks a String contructor, original message - Unable to set the idempotency for method 'getActiveEquipment(java.util.Date,java.util.Date)' on EJB 'EquipmentServiceSession'. No matching method could be found. Please verify the method signature specified in the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml file matches that of your interface for this EJB. at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.MBeanDeploymentInfoImpl.processIdempotency(MBeanDeploymentInfoImpl.java:1116) at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.MBeanDeploymentInfoImpl.processSpecificMethodIdempotency(MBeanDeploymentInfoImpl.java:1091) at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.MBeanDeploymentInfoImpl.initializeIdempotentMethods(MBeanDeploymentInfoImpl.java:739) at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.MBeanDeploymentInfoImpl.(MBeanDeploymentInfoImpl.java:232) at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.EJBDeployer.prepare(EJBDeployer.java:1186) at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.EJBModule.prepare(EJBModule.java:372) =============================== I checked the generated weblogic-ejb-jar.xml, the method definition is in it and matches the generated remote interface of this EJB. Any idea for the issue? Thanks in advance.