Discussions

News: Brillien: new age EE architecture

1. Brillien: new age EE architecture (9 messages)

After spending numerous years using and getting frustrated by industrial technologies, I came up with a set-like object model, which started as a hobby, and which, compared to today’s object models, defines a much more abstract and powerful model. This is the PowerObject model, built on set theory concepts and procedures, including high level set theory topics. A nice theory, severely curtailed in production possibilities, as current information technologies lack the required calculation capacity. However, the basic idea behind this model and its main tools provides a great opportunity to create a brand-new model. Brillien, as a PowerObject implementation, has grown to a product. The concept model of Brillien can shift the basics of corporate application planning and development to a whole new level by developing into a complete, working system. It does not aim to replace or compete with the standard EE technologies, or to create a new framework; Brillien is a simply an interesting architecture, still under development, that might enable a different development perspective, and hopefully a more efficient way of development as well. With the increasing size and structure depth of issues being modeled, there is a directly proportional demand for a more abstract and sophisticated architecture. Given that the Java language and the SDK built around it is a structure based on consistency and logic to model the world around us and define its main elements, it is an excellent basis for constructing more complex models. Corporate systems consist of more abstract components than a set of objects and packets, and are mainly workflow-based. Brillien offers an architecture that satisfies this demand. Acting as the main tool, it supports the flows and provides necessary tools for modeling components the flow consist of. The main tool also handles functional dependencies, so it is safe to say Brillien is not another workflow engine; but rather a corporate application development tool that, by reducing the significance of modeling issues and inconveniences, is able to map the logical system formed during the requirement analysis and make it a functioning one. Without History, that is, the crippling constraint of backwards compatibility, the system can truly shine in its simplicity, smooth, and delicate finesse. Development started in March, 2008, and in the first phase (until August) only basic concepts and modeling definitions took place. There was a strong emphasis on creating a tool suitable for expectations. After many case studies, a stable and evolved concept system was born with a slightly different attitude and increased usability, offering a likeable platform to develop EE-level applications. It is crucial to understand the basic concepts and ideas behind the system, and to get familiar with its building concepts and procedures. It is not the model that makes Brillien difficult to understand, but the facilitated platform that provides much more freedom than the limited conventional ones. The core of Brillien itself is done, it is complete in terms of functionality and abilities. Naturally due to the constant improvements and feedbacks, updates, new features and fixes are inevitable, without modifying the main concept or the model in any way. The following services built around the core are top priority at the moment: more efficient support of development: Maven integration, Idea and Netbeans plugin development clustering and load balancing support, integration of Sun Shoal providing a GUI-based administration tool These are under development. For further information, browse to www.brillien.org

Threaded Messages (9)

2. Re: Brillien: new age EE architecture[ Go to top ]

Is this architecture comparable in any ways to SOA or webservices in any manner? Thanks. Sharing understanding www.interview-questions-tips-forum.net
  3. Brillien - SOA - WS[ Go to top ]

Not easy to tell to be honest. SOA sounds rather a balloon than any factual content to me so let me propose to use the description of wikipedia as basic terms: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service-oriented_architecture From a certain point of view Brillien is more than SOA from another one it is less but definitely a SOA solution. Brillien can bring flows and flow control, distributed flow interoperability to Model-level, which feature can be regarded as a unique one in Java-based enterprise environment. But the "contract" term is narrowed to WSDL documents actually, so poor management in the background. As regard the connection with WS standard. All components(Presences by terms of Brillien) in Brillien can be published as a Web Service or GWT RPC Servlet as well dynamically. I hope to have managed to bring Brillien nearer up...
  4. ready to talk about[ Go to top ]

I answer to any question with pleasure! Please, do not hesitate to ask/discuss anything you would like to. (case studies, comparisons or whatever) :)
  5. Re: Brillien: new age EE architecture[ Go to top ]

I'm a bit lazy to read the long documents, please forgive me. Could you please describe how this architecture could be used e.g. to build a simple wiki site? What steps and technologies are used to achieve such?
  6. Re: Brillien: new age EE architecture[ Go to top ]

I'm not sure to be fully aware of your point. The Wiki or "content management" in general and EE application servers are not really nearly related, so maybe a proper Wiki engine or Drupal or Joomla! or Clearspace or whatever could better fit your wishes. Brillien is an application server or framework solution like Glassfish, JBoss, Geronimo, Bea products, Spring, etc, aiming to provide a good SOA implementation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service-oriented_architecture
  7. Some thoughts to consider...[ Go to top ]

Hey Imre, I have to say your website is very good, well organized and it's a piece of art. If I could hang it on my wall as a painting, I would. Great work!!! But as far as Brillien... I read a little bit of your documents on it. Too much details to focus my attention. I could not keep up with so many pages. And at the end of "reading" (the little that I did...) I'm left pondering what it is that your product does. I'm guessing that it's a framework that helps facilitate a SOA based architecture. But you did make a comment here at TSS stating that it's an application server. And I haven't seen from your document how to run the app. server what are the bells and whistles offered by your product, etc. So in the end, I'm left with a very big "?" on what exactly is - "Brillien". It's almost like staring at a painting and in the end you're left wondering is this what the author/creator meant to express... Or maybe it's pure "Brilliance" that I can't see it... :-) Maybe a short example or something that can help sell the idea quick. - Venkatt
  8. Re: Some thoughts to consider...[ Go to top ]

Dear Venkatt, First of all, i really appreciate your feedback, and you have right; web-content and documentation are not fully-grown. I hope, that after a few iterations, great improvement will be achieved. Well, as i wrote in my comment above, it is hard to tell; SOA as it is either a composition theory or an architectual concept. Based on the terms found on wikipedia and IBM papers, a system or architecture providing service composition, coarse-granularity can be easily built based on Brillien. Furthermore, the flow concept of Brillien allows you to model and realize very complex business problems easily. Powerobject model is an irregular one a little bit, i know, but definitely worth to try it. :) As for the running instructions, please find this link: http://www.brillien.org/install.html, copied from the index.html, next to the link of 'release notes'. Maybe not so eye-catching as you said. :)
  9. Examples?[ Go to top ]

Wow, so much words on your web page around this architecture, but still I have no clue how it works and the benefits one can derive. Please, pretty please, provide a simple Hello World example, to give a taste of what it is to work with Brillien. You can't expect people to adapt a new idea without giving them a taste on the web page. Even better, provide several examples and highlight the distinct advantages of Brillien. Otherwise it will disappear in the white noise of the never ending flow of insignificant home-grown web frameworks.
  10. Re: Examples?[ Go to top ]

Maybe these pages are out of the first sight but let me share these links: http://www.brillien.org/brillienVSj2ee/brillienVSj2ee1.html - presenting a simple business problem resolved in EE and in Brillien too. The representation in Brillien - narrowed to the "actions" - can be found from here: http://www.brillien.org/brillienVSj2ee/brillienVSj2ee6.html And chapter "modelling" discusses another example presenting how Brillien works: http://www.brillien.org/modeling.html I hope, highlighting these sample could fit your expectations. If not, please let me know it. :) Any feedback is much appreciated!