Ant javac out of memory

Discussions

General J2EE: Ant javac out of memory

1. Ant javac out of memory (4 messages)

Hi I have created a ant script which compiles all java files of my project to a destination folder. The number of files are large so i get OutOfMemoryException. I have also tried giving memory arguments. Here's my build compile task:- After this also it gives me same exception. Please help me in this. Thanks in advcance.

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Re: Ant javac out of memory[ Go to top ]

Hi all, Please help me in this. Thanks very much
  3. Ant OutofMemory[ Go to top ]

Try out the options and arguments at the following thread. http://markmail.org/message/2onalqea6qphphn6#query:specifying%20memory%20for%20javac+page:1+mid:nyswxs3unebudsia+state:results 1. Try changing forking to true/false 2. Try changing JDK Version
  4. Re: Ant OutofMemory[ Go to top ]

Thanks very much for the reply. I have also trid setting ANT_OPTS variable to 1024m . But still my application runs out of memory. Please help me. My ant script is failing and i am not able to build the project because of this Out Of Memory exception. I am running on WIN-XP having 2 GB RAM Thanks very much.
  5. javac Ant Task out of memory Exception[ Go to top ]

Specify the Initial Memory Size also .
    srcdir="src"
    destdir="build/classes"
    classpathref="classpath" memoryInitialSize="1024m"/
    memoryMaximumSize="1024m"/>

Also you can check  what point your ant task is failing by specifying -v option for the ant task ( Example ant -v -f build.xml  bundle.release)