problem running MVC modal on linux, apache, jserv KINDLY HELP ME

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: problem running MVC modal on linux, apache, jserv KINDLY HELP ME

1. hello everbody,

All's help is greatly appriciated. MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE.

MY EMAIL: sukss at hotmail dot com

The problem
    ------------

I am not able to run jsp's, Servlets and beans altogether on my web server where as my individual jsps and servlets work perfectly. i mean when i run jsp or servlet, it runs. When it comes to running my application which i had developed using MVC modal i.e jsp,, servlets and beans together, It gives error:
    ----------------------------
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at infotiesstudios dot com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    --------------------------
    Now the problem is this whole application is working fine on development system where i am using win98, access2000, jswdk-1.0.1.

The configuration of my web server is :
    linux 5.0, apache web server, apache jserv, gnujsp, mysql

I've tested connectivity with mysql its working perfectly.
    I've set up jserv's configuration files which is done perfectly.
    I've got my jserv working(tested).
    My server log does not show any errors.

So now i am badly depressed by the problem coz this is my first application which is to be uploaded on the web.

Sukhbir

MY EMAIL: sukss at hotmail dot com
  2. i believe it has to do with your use of JServ on Apache. JServ supports an older specification of the servlet/jsp API and probably does not provide the functionality for bean introspection via the <jsp:useBean /> tag. In order for Apache to support the new API, it must be either: installed as a frontend to an external java-capable web server, or hooked up with tomcat via mod_jk.
    You should visit http://jakarta.apache.org and view the links about tomcat for more info
  3. thanks joseph[ Go to top ]

hi joseph

Thanks a lot for ur concern but i think the prob. lies somewhere else coz i had tested one servlet which calls a bean to connect to database and it works fine. so, may or may not the prob. is with servers inability to handle more load coz my jsp calls a servlet and servlet call two beans on for database connectivity and second for keep users data and displaying it again on already exists page in case the id already exists in the database which the user has chosen. The server people say this is coz of RAM. we have 64mb ram on the server and that is not good enough to run full fledged MVC.

Thanks again for ur try.

Sukhbir
  4. i believe it has to do with your use of JServ on Apache. JServ supports an older specification of the servlet/jsp API and probably does not provide the functionality for bean introspection via the <jsp:useBean /> tag. In order for Apache to support the new API, it must be either: installed as a frontend to an external java-capable web server, or hooked up with tomcat via mod_jk.
    You should visit http://jakarta.apache.org and view the links about tomcat for more info