Call for Proposals: TheServerSide Presents TheClientSide

Discussions

News: Call for Proposals: TheServerSide Presents TheClientSide

1. Developed in response to the needs of the community, TheServerSide Presents TheClientSide is a conference within a conference; a community event focusing on the needs of developers who work on distributed application client. TheServerSide Presents TheClientSide takes place at TheServerSide Java Symposium (TSSJS) Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA on March 17-19, 2010. TSSJS has opened its call for presentations for this unique event. About the event: TheServerSide presents TheClientSide will offer a broader range of client and user interface technologies and techniques, such as JavaFX, Flash/Flex, Silverlight, more user interface frameworks, and UI architectures such as JSF. If it runs on or interacts with the client, we want to hear about it. About the audience: Our audience is developers who work on distributed application clients. This includes Java developers who use JSF, Ajax, JavaFX or similar client technology; Microsoft developers who use Ajax, ASP.NET, or Silverlight; and SOA developers who are building service front ends on any platform. Fully 85% of our potential audience members are engaged in building Rich Internet Applications of some sort. 75% said they were working with rich Web front-ends, while composite applications (30%), mobile (18%), and mashups (17%) were also popular. For those working with rich Web front-ends, Ajax (80%) was by far the most popular approach. The most popular Ajax frameworks were jQuery (38%), GWT (23%), Prototype (23%), and RichFaces (19%). The biggest challenges noted in client-side development were cross-browser incompatibilities (63%), technical complexity (47%), lack of client-side design skills (38%), performance (36%), and security (30%). Types of Presentation: We are looking for exciting technical presentations that address developer’s challenges with pragmatic, proven solutions; attendees should leave your session with tips and tricks, tools and techniques that they can immediately use. Successful case studies based on your own experience are also popular. TSSJS is a conference by developers for developers, so please – no fluff, self-promotion, or sales pitches. We’ll be keeping a close eye on this. Presentations will be 60 minutes including Q & A. We are accepting proposals in the following areas: Topics: TheClientSide will offer the audience presentations on client topics, including 1. Web frameworks, 2. UI components and Faces, 3. Rich Internet Applications, 4. Ajax, and similar topics surrounding client-side computing 5. And user interface implementation. What’s in it for you: In addition to the recognition and respect of your peers as an expert in the area, we can provide some assistance with travel and lodging. Due to a limited budget for speaker travel assistance, preference will be given to speakers based in the US. What to submit:  Your bio: No more than 100 words  Your photo: jpeg preferred  Session proposal: Using the proposal template below. Only complete proposals in the template will be reviewed. How to submit your proposal: Send your proposal with bio to cfptheserverside at techtarget dot com Important dates: Earliest date to submit proposals: Immediately Latest date to submit proposals: Monday, November 9, 2009 After we receive your proposal: We will acknowledge receipt of your proposal within two business days. We will review and evaluate your proposal not only for its individual merit but in comparison with other proposals. Please understand that this review process takes some time but we will be sure to get back to you to inform you whether or not your proposal has been accepted. Speaker Information Name: Company Name: Email Address: City/State/Country: Website: Track Category Session Format ___Frameworks ___State of the Art ___60 minutes ___Architecture and SOA ___Problem/Solution ___Fireside Chats ___Languages ___Tips and Tricks ___Tools and Techniques ___Getting Started ___Cloud Session titles and descriptions are posted on the Web site and used in marketing materials so attendees know what to expect from your session. This should remain consistent with what you will deliver at the conference. We can change things along the way, as necessary. Just let us know in advance. 1. Session title: 2. Session description: 3. What problem(s)/challenge(s) will an attendee learn to solve by attending your session? 4. What are you addressing that represents or indicates a new or emerging trend? And why do attendees need to be aware of this information TODAY? 5. What will attendees learn by attending your session? Please list 3-4 attendee takeaways. (In this session you will learn; attend and learn how to; after attending this session you will be able to) 6. Who should attend your session? (please indicate by job title or by years of experience or level of the session) 7. What basics should attendees know before attending your session? This may exclude some attendees, so try to be as inclusive as possible. 8. Describe the format of the presentation (case study, presentation with real world examples, hands on, step by step instructions, problem-solving session where attendees bring questions) Please email the completed form with your bio and photo to cfptheserverside@techtarget.com

Threaded Messages (4)

2. What a great idea for a conference. And timely. I sent in an abstract for a talk on desktop application development using Ajax. Everything else seems like a legacy to me now. -Frank Cohen http://www.pushtotest.com
  3. Is this open?[ Go to top ]

Sorry to question. I know previous conferences were by invitation only. In the last call for papers (for the server side part), I asked about the template for submission in this forum, and nobody answered. So I sent an email directly to you Peter, and no answer again. At the end I sent two proposals, and I haven't got any acknowledge receipt. Could it be my domain email is blocked, or that no acknowledge receipt has been sent to anyone yet? The last option, which I would hope is not the case, is that the call is not totally open, as it is in some cases I've found somewhere else, and filtered just to allow known people. Please let me know if I can send proposals to this, and if I would get an answer, at least a no thanks. Thanks. William Martinez.
  4. Re: Is this open?[ Go to top ]

William, we are continually introducing new speakers and presenters into TheServerSide community, and as I remain relatively new to this community, I have few preferred speakers. We judge our content on its merits. I do see two proposals from you for this conference. As for an acknowledgment, out autoreply feature is pretty sporadic on this account. We have as of yet personally responded to very few proposals, as we were preparing for the Java Symposium in Europe, and were at that conference all last week. We will provide a personal response on those proposals within the next two weeks.
  5. Re: Is this open?[ Go to top ]

Thanks Peter. I feel better now that I know the proposals got to you and the problem was the autoreplay. Despite I get a not thanks after all, it is good to know they are not discarded a priori just by the name. Thanks for answering me. William Martinez.