Discussions

News: IBM Java Developer Kit for Linux

1. IBM Java Developer Kit for Linux (7 messages)

The IBM Developer Kit for Linux, Java 2 Technology Edition is a development kit and runtime environment that contains IBM's just-in-time compiler, enhanced with a unique Mixed Mode Interpreter and a re-engineered Java 2 virtual machine.

Threaded Messages (7)

2. Re: IBM Java Developer Kit for Linux[ Go to top ]

I’m sorry, but WTF?? Java 1.4.2? Why is this news?
  3. Re: IBM Java Developer Kit for Linux[ Go to top ]

probably because IBM cannot even do that properly. here you go: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/linux/download.html
  4. ROFL!. Java 1.4.2 thats old. I thought the news are about Java 1.6 from IBM that could be big news. IBM it is the same crap.
  5. Re: IBM Java Developer Kit for Linux[ Go to top ]

Why I need this jdk?
  6. Forum Deep Blue[ Go to top ]

You guys are obviously not fans of Frank Charles. After Deep Blue, IBM has created a computer able to post articles in TSS: it is named Frank "Blue" Charles. There are still hiccups like it cannot respond to comments, but that is the only thing missing for it to pass the Turing test. You might think it simply applies a cut-and-paste of article summaries, but no, no. It is a sophisticated machine with an incredible ability transform some complex bits of article summaries. Here is an example: Original text by Rick Hightower: "In this article, I conclude my introduction to App Engine for Java with an overview of its persistence framework, which is based on Java Data Objects (JDO) and Java Persistence API (JPA). While initially promising, App Engine's Java-based persistence currently has some serious drawbacks, which I explain and demonstrate." "In this article, Richard Hightower concludes his introduction to App Engine for Java with an overview of its persistence framework, which is based on Java Data Objects (JDO) and Java Persistence API (JPA). While initially promising, App Engine's Java-based persistence currently has some serious drawbacks, which he explains and demonstrates." Yet again, IBM is pushing the boundaries on what we thought were theoretical limitations on artificial intelligence. Bravo, I can't wait for FC-2.0 to be released. I'm a big fan.
  7. automated article generator[ Go to top ]

This is hilarious!
  8. Re: Forum Deep Blue[ Go to top ]

You guys are obviously not fans of Frank Charles. After Deep Blue, IBM has created a computer able to post articles in TSS: it is named Frank "Blue" Charles. There are still hiccups like it cannot respond to comments, but that is the only thing missing for it to pass the Turing test.

You might think it simply applies a cut-and-paste of article summaries, but no, no. It is a sophisticated machine with an incredible ability transform some complex bits of article summaries. Here is an example:

Original text by Rick Hightower:
    "In this article, I conclude my introduction to App Engine for Java with an overview of its persistence framework, which is based on Java Data Objects (JDO) and Java Persistence API (JPA). While initially promising, App Engine's Java-based persistence currently has some serious drawbacks, which I explain and demonstrate."

"In this article, Richard Hightower concludes his introduction to App Engine for Java with an overview of its persistence framework, which is based on Java Data Objects (JDO) and Java Persistence API (JPA). While initially promising, App Engine's Java-based persistence currently has some serious drawbacks, which he explains and demonstrates."

Yet again, IBM is pushing the boundaries on what we thought were theoretical limitations on artificial intelligence. Bravo, I can't wait for FC-2.0 to be released. I'm a big fan.
    Ok... so I was just looking around and I was wondering what IBM released for Linux. Then I see it is an older VM. Then I see my name. Haha! Wow... cut and paste... too funny. thanks for this.