Discussions

News: Get to know Apache Click

1. Get to know Apache Click (4 messages)

Get introduced to Apache Click, a Java EE Web application framework that enables the creation of Web applications without using MVC patterns or JSP. This article provides examples of displaying a simple Web page and creating a Web form that submits data that is displayed on a different Web page.
  2. Strange but Apache Click just looks like Apache Wicket. Some of the reasons are the fact that you make pages by extending from Page (in Click) and WebPage(in Wicket). However it looks strikingly similar. I really dont know which one came out first. However looking at the similarity I believe Click is also pretty simple and easy to use. Regards, Franklin
  3. Don't we have enough Java web frameworks already :)
  4. Don't we have enough Java web frameworks already :)
    Maybe. It's hard to get rid of bad frameworks to make room for the good (which Click appears to be) though. If we have to choose between a few crappy frameworks and lots of frameworks, I'd choose the latter.
  5. Strange but Apache Click just looks like Apache Wicket. Some of the reasons are the fact that you make pages by extending from Page (in Click) and WebPage(in Wicket). However it looks strikingly similar. I really dont know which one came out first. However looking at the similarity I believe Click is also pretty simple and easy to use.

Regards,
    Franklin
    There was another recent article about this. I believe that Eelco Hillenius stated that the main difference was that Click uses templates (Velocity by default) where Wicket does not. He or someone else stated that Click is easier for stateless pages and Wicket is easier for stateful pages. Because I prefer stateless pages for my purposes, I am currently looking at Click despite being very happy with Wicket.