Discussions

News: And Now We See Where Oracle is Taking WebLogic...

1. Higher density and performance for virtualized environments. That's where Oracle is taking WebLogic. Or at least, that's one of the places they're taking WebLogic. JRockit, WebLogic and Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder; it's an interesting combination.

"By eliminating the operating system, Oracle WebLogic Server on JRockit Virtual Edition frees up system resources to run more application server instances on the same hardware."

Oracle Introduces Java Virtualization Solution for Oracle WebLogic Suite

2. "By eliminating the operating system, Oracle WebLogic Server on JRockit Virtual Edition frees up system resources to run more application server instances on the same hardware."

This seems a piece of amazing innovation. Is there any open source effort in this direction (a java oriented linux distro or a GCJ based operating system)?

3. I seriously believe that it is a good time that we move on an open source JDK. I've used harmony and it is really cool. This is so unfortunate that there is no more Sun and even worse James Gosling is not involve anymore.
  4. is it ready?[ Go to top ]

I did not understand if this solution is ready or a preview of future technologies

It is some time I'm looking for something like that, but couldn't find anything beside creating my own appliance based on damn small linux.

Now I read the linked article, but could not find any download. And it is not clear if the whole stack will be free or what.

Did anyone understood that?

tanks

Alex

5. WebLogic Server Virtual edition allows you to run WebLogic Server directly on a hypervisor without a standard OS.

http://www.vmware.com/appliances/directory/995
  6. is it ready?[ Go to top ]

The product solution will shortly be available for download. It will be production, not a preview or future technology. The press release was reflecting that we are effectively done and that we are now speaking publicly about the solution.  Watch Oracle Technology Network over the next short while and the product set will be downloadable from there for developer usage. We will post here to renew the thread once it is formally downloadable.

Mike.
  7. Oracle and WebLogic is still the best solutions when it comes to developing safety software for human resource purposes.