- How many people visit our blog?
I look at the Visitor Overview which shows me how many Visitors and Unique Visitors we have
- Did they find us through a search, a different web site that linked to the blog or are they regular readers?
The Traffic Sources analyze the Referer headers and list all Traffic Sources (e.g: links from dzone.com, theserverside.com, …) and all keywords that have been used in a search
- Which posts keep users on the page and encourage them to read others?
The Content View shows me the top pages on my site. I can then analyze Bounce Rate and see which blogs have a lower bounce rate than others
- Which posts drive traffic to other sites such as our Community Portal or the dynaTrace web site?
Here I again use the Traffic Sources View and see how many people got to the Community Portal or dynaTrace Site from blog.dynatrace.com
- From which regions of the world are our users visiting and what are the main topics that are interesting for them?
The Map Overlay gives me a map of the world, highlighting from which regions, countries or cities requests come from
Clicking through all these reports is great. It is visually appealing and really allows me to answer all these questions listed above. But – we can do much better by automating these analysis steps and also combining this data with other data sources such as infrastructural or application performance data in order to answer many more questions such as: Why is my Bounce rate going down?