The Sonar Team is pleased to announce the release of Sonar 2.3. This version ships with several new features :
- it is now possible to activate several times the Checkstyle rule "Illegal Regular Expression" with different parameters and priority or the PMD rule "XPath" with different XPath expressions. This feature was a requirement to start working on a architecture rule engine (don't access the **.db.** packages from the **.client.** packages, don't use java.util.Vector, don't access **.web.** packages from **.dao.** packages, ...)
- backup and restore quality profiles
- ability to activate at once all the rules returned by a search
- new rules API
- ability to add static resources to plugins
- support for quality models (ISO 9126 for example) through a new meta-model and a new API
- new Findbugs rules
To find out more on those features, you can explore them in screenshots .
On top of those features, this release contains more than 70 improvements and bug-fixes . To enjoy the new version, you can download it straight away .
- The Sonar Team
 Sonar 2.3 in screenshots : http://www.sonarsource.org/sonar-2-3-in-screenshots/
 Release notes : http://www.sonarsource.org/downloads/#2.3
 Download : http://sonar.codehaus.org/downloads