Get started with JDK 7 and Netbeans 7.0 Beta 2

Discussions

News: Get started with JDK 7 and Netbeans 7.0 Beta 2

1. Get started with JDK 7 and Netbeans 7.0 Beta 2 (2 messages)

In order help early adopters explore Java 7 we've put up a series of blog posts starting with installing the latest JDK 7 binary build, followed by installing NetBeans 7.0 (Beta 2). Regular blog posts featuring code samples and the weekly state of Java 7 progress will commence starting from this week. In addition to the blog posts we have started a google group discussing Java 7 topics.

So if you are interested in trying out the features of Project Coin, e.g:

• try-with-resource statements
    • Simplified varargs method invocation
    • Multi-catch and more precise rethrow
    • Strings in switch

Or, perhaps the new Asychronous I/O capabilties that come part of NIO.2, then try out the instructions above and let us know if there are any issues!

Cheers,

Martijn (@karianna, @java7developer)

In the interest of transparency:  Ben Evans and myself are writing "The Well-Grounded Java Developer" covering important parts of Java 7 and ployglot programming on the JVM.  The blog does have the occasional book related post, but you can filter those out easily.  The google group is focussed on Java 7 with extremely low volume of traffic about the book

2. Great![ Go to top ]

Great! I can't wait tor try.

3. Hi all,

We've discovered a couple of gotchas in our instructions to do with JDK 7 and Debian systems as well as Netbeans and PermGen, please see http://www.java7developer.com/blog/?p=180 for details.

Happy hacking!

Martijn