Discussions

News: PrimeFaces 3.0.M1 Released

1. PrimeFaces 3.0.M1 Released (3 messages)

Here is the overview of notable changes;

• PrimeFaces Mobile – Built on top of jQuery Mobile, supports various mobile platforms.
    • Rewritten FileUpload – Replaced flash using HTML5 with graceful degradation
    • Rewritten Tree – Theme aware and home grown Tree.
    • Rewritten Spinner
    • Rewritten Galleria
    • New Component: Ring
    • New Component: ScrollPanel
    • New Component: SelectBooleanCheckbox
    • New Component: SelectManyCheckbox
    • New Component: SelectOneListbox
    • New Component: SelectOneMenu
    • New Component: SelectOneRadio
    • New Component: SelectManyMenu
    • New Component: TagCloud
    • New Context parameter to disable theming on form components
    • TimePicker add-on to Calendar
    • Simplified client side APIs
    • Updated to latest jQuery
    • 25 bug fixes
    • Datatable filtering enhancements
    • Improved xhtml validation

See full list of changelog for more information and download page to get the 3.0.M1.

Backward Compatibility

We’ve done our best to preserve backward compatibility, however there are some points that need to be migrated. See the migration guide for detailed information.

Roadmap

PrimeFaces 3.0 is only 50% done, next version will be 3.0.M2 which will bring almost all the new features of 3.0 including rewritten ajax push, enhancements on components and regular maintenance. After that we’ll do an M3 focusing on only maintenance, we aim to fix all the issues with type-defect in our issue tracker with this release. Following will be a release candidate and then 3.0 final. Tentative date of 3.0 final is early summer. 3.0 is an important milestone for PrimeFaces as it will mark the stability of the project, after 3.0 we don’t want to reimplement components, change the internals of PrimeFaces and focus on maintenance and implementation of feature requests from community.

Threaded Messages (3)

2. PrimeFaces 3.0.M1 Released[ Go to top ]

Very impressive! Congratulations!

3. Looking very good![ Go to top ]

Although my shop is mainly using RichFaces, PrimeFaces is -the- component lib that I'm eying for some new projects.

Keep up the good work!

4. PrimeFaces 3.0.M1 Released[ Go to top ]

These guys are really doing a great job and deserve the attention. I wasn't a JSF fun until I came across primefaces. I've been following them for a while now with full satisfaction. They have a rich set of components and the components look cool too. Their payed documentation is also well written and to the point. By buying their documentation you support them financially too.

Congrats, the Primesfaces team for this great release. I'm tuned in for the upcoming great releases.

Cheers,

Jan