IBM has released WebSphere V8, increasing the availability of application servers with support for JEE 6, which is very important.
In this release we find the following standards implemented:
- EJB 3.1
- Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java (CDI) 1.0
- Bean Validation 1.0
- JavaServer Faces (JSF) 2.0
- Java Servlet 3.0
- Java Persistence API (JPA) 2.0
- Java API for RESTful Web Services (JAX-RS) 1.1
- Java API for XML-based Web Services (JAX-WS) 2.2
- Enterprise Web Services 1.3 (JSR-109)
- Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB) 2.2
- and much more...
A great article can be found here:
The question is how long it takes to the new crop of application servers get to market, also allowing small businesses to develop their products with JEE 6.