Discussions

News: What did we learn from the Monday morning JavaOne keynote?

1. So, what did we learn from the Monday morning JavaOne keynote?

Well, first of all, we learned that JavaFX isn’t dead. In fact, JavaFX 2.0 is alive and kicking, and not only that, but it’s flexible enough for you to toss it right into any of your existing Swing based applications, giving you the ability to use a hot new technology to update your old Swing applications. That should excite about two people.

There's more. We've posted an article on the most important parts. We've even included some pictures.

So, what did we learn from the Monday morning JavaOne keynote?

Threaded Messages (3)

2. JavaFX[ Go to top ]

So, who is the other person besides me who is excited by JavaFx 2.0? (according to you there are only 2).

Here is what I am NOT excited about - having to write code/deal with the mismatch between JavaScript/ActionScript and Java.

3. JavaFX[ Go to top ]

So, who is the other person besides me who is excited by JavaFx 2.0? (according to you there are only 2).

Don't believe Cameron on his numbers, the last time I counted there were JUST 3 JavaFX developers WORLDWIDE. So it doesn't look so bad like he tries to portray ;-)

4. JavaFX[ Go to top ]

The sad thing about the programming world is that it is full of people who like to diss just about anything that they don't use, and aren't capable of saying anything constructive about much at all that they don't use.