problem in creating connection pool(reposted )..urgent

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: problem in creating connection pool(reposted )..urgent

1. Hi friends,
        Sorry for reposting the message for the third time.But I couldn't solve the problem with the suggested solutions .

There is a problem in creating connection pool when the wl5.1 starts.I have checked out everything but i couldn't trace out the error.

My setting in the weblogic.properties file is:

weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.demoPool=\
           url=jdbc:weblogic:oracle,\
           driver=weblogic.jdbc.oci.Driver,\
           loginDelaySecs=0,\
           initialCapacity=4,\
           maxCapacity=10,\
           capacityIncrement=2,\
          allowShrinking=true,\
          shrinkPeriodMins=15,\
          refreshMinutes=10,\
          testTable=ejbAccounts,\
          props=user=system;password=manager;
    and database and table exists and i have given the correct path for oci driver(i think so...) . Now the error the wl5.1 server shows while starting is:

Wed May 23 23:17:37 BST 2001:<I> <JDBC Pool> Creating connection pool demoPool with:
    refreshMinutes=10 poolName=demoPool loginDelaySecs=0 testTable=ejbAccounts maxCa
    pacity=10 allowShrinking=true driver=weblogic.jdbc.oci.Driver aclName=weblogic.j
    dbc.connectionPool.demoPool capacityIncrement=2 initialCapacity=4 url=jdbc:weblo
    gic:oracle shrinkPeriodMins=15
    Wed May 23 23:17:38 BST 2001:<I> <JDBC Pool> Sleeping in createResource()
    Wed May 23 23:17:39 BST 2001:<E> <JDBC Pool> Failed to create connection pool "demoPool"
    weblogic.common.ResourceException: weblogic.common.ResourceException:
    Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was:
    java.sql.SQLException: "user" value unspecified in Properties
            at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:51)
            at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.makeConnection(Con
    nectionEnvFactory.java:146)
            at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.createResource(Con
    nectionEnvFactory.java:108)
            at weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.makeResources(ResourceAllo
    cator.java, Compiled Code)
            at weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.<init>(ResourceAllocator.j

I have specified the user name properly i am able to ping
    with "java util.dbping" and it show that the connection is successfull. Please help me out.If possible please post me the weblogic.propeties file.
                                Thank you
  2. May I suggest the weblogic newsgroup. They can answer your question in about 2 seconds. Try removing the last semicolon, my weblogic.properties doesn't have it...

--
    Tinou
    www.tinou.com
  3. Hi rahul,

weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.oraclePool=\
    url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.9.8.101:1521:edweb,\
    driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver,\
    initialCapacity=5,\
    maxCapacity=10,\
    capacityIncrement=2,\
    props=user=edweb;password=edweb
      weblogic.allow.reserve.weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.oraclePool=everyone

Try this

put in URL yr ip address where yr oracle is installed and give the SID.

Try the driver OracleDriver which u would find in classes12.zip.weblogic\classes.Put that in your classpath.

Hope it wld work

Rinku
  4. Thanks guys!!!Now server is creating connection pool but i am facing a new problem the "table or view doesn't exist". I have posted it today!!!