Discussions

EJB design: Urgent Quistion

1. Urgent Quistion (6 messages)

I am in the process of developing a J2EE application but i have one inquery that is I have a number of servelets on a container (apache) and i want them to communicate with EJB into another server(weblogic) so how could I make this to happen .and how to generate stubs and skeletons for the servelts to enable thenm to communicate with ejb residing into other server.

regards.

Threaded Messages (6)

2. Urgent Quistion[ Go to top ]

Use JNDI with the remote URL set in the Context.
  3. Urgent Quistion[ Go to top ]

but I need stubs and skeletons for that .don't I.
    how I am suppose to cast without them.
  4. Urgent Quistion[ Go to top ]

weblogic.ejbc does the job
  5. Urgent Quistion[ Go to top ]

do you mean that for each IDE tool or J2ee contianer there is such a compiler.thnks for your response
  6. Urgent Quistion[ Go to top ]

do you mean that for each IDE tool or J2ee contianer there is such a compiler.thnks for your response
  7. Urgent Quistion[ Go to top ]

Exactly... for weblogic it is weblogic.ejbc.
    Well, not every appserver has such a tool, as some do not need stubs or generate them automatically (like Orion and jBoss), however, they'll need stubs for J2EE 1.3/EJB 2.0 as IIOP is mandatory there.
    The stubs that are produced are CORBA/IIOP helper classes, RMI stubs or for a proprietary protocol (like weblogic T3).
    In fact you already generated the stubs, because no container I know of lets you deploy without generating stubs and container classes. The container provides a command line tool for this (like ejbc) and calls it automatically from its deployment tool. Just look at the jar generated when you deploy, it will have lots of classes you didn't develop... the stubs and container classes.

regards

Messi