Community Edition, a JSF implementation that extends JSF through the use of AJAX and providing an interesting notification mechanism in the process, has been released. The Community Edition is provided free of charge.
ICEfaces supports server-push (or "Comet") applications very well, with demos showing constant updates across sessions very cleanly, through the use of simple - and standard - JSF bindings. ICEfaces also has a rich component suite
, icluding auto-complete, menus, tables, tree, tabs, drag and drop capabilities, animations, and more.
The following J2EE application servers are supported:
- Apache Tomcat
- JBoss Application Server
- WebLogic Server
- Sun Java System Application Server
- Oracle Application Server Container for J2EE (OC4J)
- WebSphere Application Server
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x
- Firefox 1.x
- Mozilla 1.6 or Netscape 7.x
- Safari 1.2