hi,

here is my problem. I am using WEBSPHERE AS 3.0.2 and Visual Age for java(VAJ) version 3.
I made a stateless session bean and made a deployed jar using VAJ. Then i added this jar to the
 WAS admin console. Till now everything was ok. Then i had some problems with a java class that
was accessing the bean, so i changed the java class and recompiled it. as the new class file was
 not getting reflected i decided to restart the WAS. for that i first stopped all my beans(3 in all) and then stopped the default server which gave me a activeobjecttermination exception.
after which my jar file was totally corrupt. trying to redeploy the jar in WAS gives me the following exception. do shed light on the problem and write back to me at

aanvekar at hotmail dot com.

Thanks.Regards.

-Amol.

Exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException at com.ibm.ejs.deployment.DeploymentUtil.getMethods(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.ejs.util.PortableDeploymentDescriptor.<init>(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.ejs.util.jar.EJBJar.loadDeploymentDescriptors(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.ejs.util.jar.EJBJar.loadDeploymentDescriptors(EJBJar.java:234) at com.ibm.ejs.util.jar.ClasspathManager.addJarFile(ClasspathManager.java:119) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveFileBrowserService.getFiles(ActiveFileBrowserService.java:323) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.agent.AdminAgentImpl.activeObjectInvocation(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveObject.invokeContainedObject(ActiveObject.java:468) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.agent.AdminAgentImpl.activeObjectInvocation(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.agent.AdminAgentImpl.invokeActiveObject(AdminAgentImpl.java:59) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.agent._AdminAgent_Stub.invokeActiveObject(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.beans.ServiceBaseImpl.invokeActiveObject(ServiceBaseImpl.java:50) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.beans.FileBrowserServiceBean.invoke(FileBrowserServiceBean.java:243) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.beans.FileBrowserServiceBean.getFiles(FileBrowserServiceBean.java:145) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.beans.EJSRemoteFileBrowserService.getFiles(EJSRemoteFileBrowserService.java:170) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.beans._EJSRemoteFileBrowserService_Tie._invoke(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ExtendedServerDelegate.dispatch(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB.process(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.WorkerThread.run(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.ejs.oa.pool.ThreadPool$PooledThread.run(Compiled Code)com.ibm.ejs.sm.exception.OpException: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.ibm.ejs.deployment.DeploymentUtil.getMethods(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.ejs.util.PortableDeploymentDescriptor.<init>(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.ejs.util.jar.EJBJar.loadDeploymentDescriptors(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.ejs.util.jar.EJBJar.loadDeploymentDescriptors(EJBJar.java:234) at com.ibm.ejs.util.jar.ClasspathManager.addJarFile(ClasspathManager.java:119) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveFileBrowserService.getFiles(ActiveFileBrowserService.java:323) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.agent.AdminAgentImpl.activeObjectInvocation(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.active.ActiveObject.invokeContainedObject(ActiveObject.java:468) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.agent.AdminAgentImpl.activeObjectInvocation(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.agent.AdminAgentImpl.invokeActiveObject(AdminAgentImpl.java:59) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.agent._AdminAgent_Stub.invokeActiveObject(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.beans.ServiceBaseImpl.invokeActiveObject(ServiceBaseImpl.java:50) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.beans.FileBrowserServiceBean.invoke(FileBrowserServiceBean.java:243) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.beans.FileBrowserServiceBean.getFiles(FileBrowserServiceBean.java:145) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.beans.EJSRemoteFileBrowserService.getFiles(EJSRemoteFileBrowserService.java:170) at com.ibm.ejs.sm.beans._EJSRemoteFileBrowserService_Tie._invoke(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ExtendedServerDelegate.dispatch(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB.process(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.WorkerThread.run(Compiled Code) at com.ibm.ejs.oa.pool.ThreadPool$PooledThread.run(Compiled Code)
--------
com.ibm.ejs.sm.client.ClientException: Error while obtaining files at com.ibm.ejs.sm.client.ui.fs.NodeFileSystemView.getFiles(NodeFileSystemView.java:187) at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.basic.BasicDirectoryModel$LoadFilesThread.run(BasicDirectoryModel.java:262)