[Weblogic 5.1] finder method in BMP

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: [Weblogic 5.1] finder method in BMP

1. [Weblogic 5.1] finder method in BMP (3 messages)

Hi,

I am having a problem with executing my own finder method. I wrote a finder method which doesn't search using primary key but just a string. I deployed it. But in a client program, when I use the finder method it gives me an error. I don't know why it complains about it is not implemented although I have code in my bean file. Any body has any idea?

Error message I get from the client program:
    Unexpected exception javax.ejb.EJBException: Feature not implemented: no details.

Error message I get from weblogic server:
    Mon Nov 13 13:49:16 GMT+01:00 2000:<E> <Adapter> Exception thrown by rmi server:
     [-1452288536092386012S192.168.1.51:[7001,7001,7002,7002,7001,-1]/274]
    javax.ejb.EJBException: Feature not implemented: no details.
            at MessageBean.ejbFindByReceiverId(MessageBean.java, Compiled Code)
            at MessageBeanHomeImpl.findByReceiverId(MessageBeanHomeImpl.java:123)
            at MessageBeanHomeImpl_WLSkel.invoke(MessageBeanHomeImpl_WLSkel.java:116)
            at weblogic.rmi.extensions.BasicServerObjectAdapter.invoke(BasicServerObjectAdapter.java, Compiled Code)
            at weblogic.rmi.extensions.BasicRequestHandler.handleRequest(BasicRequestHandler.java:69)
            at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute(BasicExecuteRequest.java:15)
            at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java, Compiled Code)

Thanks in advance,

--Jin

Threaded Messages (3)

2. [Weblogic 5.1] finder method in BMP[ Go to top ]

Hi Jin,

1. I think ur using SQL Server database and making use of ODBC. In that case, install the latest version of ODBC and get back to me. Your system is having a older version of ODBC and due to that the server is throwing "feature not implemented exception".

2. For testing purposes change the database to Oracle and test whether the thing is working.

thanks...hasan
    (ahamed at aztec dot soft dot net)
  3. [Weblogic 5.1] finder method in BMP[ Go to top ]

Thank you Hasan for your reply.

But I am using Cloudscape with JDBC. I know that cloudscape is not that good for real world. I am just testing my program connecting with cloudscape. Any clue??

Thanks,

--Jin

4. [Weblogic 5.1] finder method in BMP[ Go to top ]

Why not try the same thing with SQL Server or Oracle. One thing i'm sure is that the JDBC Driver for cloudscape is incopatible with weblogic's Persistance manager. Pls try the same thing using oracle and get back to me.

thanks...hasan
    (ahamed at aztec dot soft dot net)