Problem running j2ee under Windows 2000

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Problem running j2ee under Windows 2000

1. Problem running j2ee under Windows 2000 (3 messages)

I installed j2ee RI under Windows2000, set the environment variables for JAVA_HOME and J2EE_HOME, then started bin\j2ee.bat. It started fine, no error messages, but when I try to read the home page (http://localhost:8000/index.html), I get this error:
    Error: 500
    Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
    at com.sun.web.security.SecurityInterceptor.setSSLAttributes(SecurityInterceptor.java:56)
    at com.sun.web.security.SecurityInterceptor.preInvoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:83)
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServiceInvocationHandler.preInvoke(ServletWrapper.java:615)
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(ServletWrapper.java:531)
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:378)
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.handleRequest(Context.java:644)
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:440)
    at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:144)
    at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java:310)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Anybody know of a fix? I am running jdk1.3 and j2sdkee1.2.1.
  2. Hi Gary,
       this should be a problem with ur system classpath. ur system classpath is pointing to the jar files supplied with apache. So we need to point to the jar file j2ee.jar that is supplied with j2ee RI, in which all javax classes are packaged. So pls change the system classpath to point to c:\j2ee\lib\j2ee.jar and restart the machine and give this url in the browser.

Kindly let me know when u r successful...

thanks...hasan
    (ahamed at aztec dot soft dot net)
  3. Problem running j2ee under Windows 2000[ Go to top ]

I think ur apache web server is also running. please stop that server
  4. No: those apache messages come from classes in j2ee.jar.