Query

Discussions

EJB design: Query

1. Query (6 messages)

Plz sir,
    I need a help.Im a student doing my final year project.
    Im currently doing a project in Internet Banking portal using JSP,Servlets,Oracle.
    When im handling the post dated cheques of candidates,im maintaining a separate temporary table.so when the particular date mentioned in the cheque arrives,i'll have to transfer the details from this temporary table to account_transaction table where im maintaining the details of all account transactions.so can u help me to work out this.Should i maintain any timer to note the date or use any trigger to automatically transfer the data from temporary table to account_transaction table and check out the balance?
    plz help me out to do this.how to handle this? I'll be very thankful if u can help me in this.
    thank u.
    your's faithfully
    S.kokila

Threaded Messages (6)

2. Query[ Go to top ]

Hi Kokila
    For your problem, better use the Trigger. Because always try to apply business login in Database objects. That is more FASTER and very easy to maintain further any business logic.

If you have been implementing the JAVA BEANS please embbed the same in some bean. That is also good practice.

Kind Regards
    Suprasanna
  3. Query[ Go to top ]

Hi Kokila

> For your problem, better use the Trigger. Because always try to apply business login in Database objects. That is more FASTER and very easy to maintain further any business logic.
    >
    > If you have been implementing the JAVA BEANS please embbed the same in some bean. That is also good practice.
    >
    > Kind Regards
    > Suprasanna

Thank u Sir,

Im really thankful to u for replying.Plz tell me when using triggers how can i make it to check automatically.that is it must check daily to see whether the sysdate is matching the date in the post dated cheque.
    so plz help me to write that trigger.I have used triggers only for insert,update etc.so kindly help me in this regard.

thank u
    your's faithfully
    s.kokila
  4. Query[ Go to top ]

I think u can better write a procedure that runs at the begining of the day. Then you can update/insert the data to your main table from the temporary table. This would help in updating the data based on the Date.

regards

Thandaveswaran.V
  5. Thanks for Reply[ Go to top ]

Thanks for replying Sir.
    Is there any keyword to mention the start of day.
    i heard only startup on database,login,shutdown,server error etc.,
    how to write that trigger?Please help me.
    Thanking you.
    your's faithfully
    s.kokila
  6. Plz help me sir[ Go to top ]

Respected Sir,
    Im really thankful to u for answering me very patiently.but still im not clarified with my doubt.please tell me,

Is there any keyword to mention the start of day.
    i heard only startup on database,login,shutdown,server error etc.,
    how to write that trigger?Please help me.
    Thanking you.
    your's faithfully
    s.kokila
  7. Solution[ Go to top ]

Hi Kokila,
        You can create a procedure which moves the records from temporary table to transaction table. Then you pass that procedure as a parameter to the DBMS_JOB(in oracle) package and you can secify with what frequency the job has to be run. hope this'll help you.

Regards,
    Amar