Weblogic EJB Deployer Tool: NoClassDefFoundError

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Weblogic EJB Deployer Tool: NoClassDefFoundError

1. Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a Session Bean in Weblogic EJB Deployer tool, buy it gives me the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/shopSite/ejb/Category

My Session Bean calls CategoryManager and it uses the Entity Bean Category. I mean, it isn't able to find the Entity Category and others Entitys I reference from CategoryManager. I have all in the classpath and I've added the corresponding imports in the code. What could be the problem? Can be a Weblogic bug? Because I've read something about it.

Regards and thanks in advance,

Poli
  2. Hi,
    The message indicates that its not able to find the class. Its a classpath problem.
    --Bhaskar
  3. Hi, Bhaskar,

I thought that, but I've put in the classpath all the files .jar. And the compilation is right, there are no errors or warnings.

Regards and thanks,

Poli
  4. How r u calling Deployer tool, is it thru Programmes menu or thru dos prompt.

Because if it is thru programs menu, ur classes should be there in classpath while booting, not just setting thru dosprompt.

Second way is from dos prompt, set ur classes in classpath and call "java weblogic.EJBDeployerTool".

I had the same problem, but resolved by doing second way.

Hope this will solve problem

bye
    Ram