Deployment on Tomcat

Discussions

EJB design: Deployment on Tomcat

1. Deployment on Tomcat (2 messages)

Hello,

I want to know how to deploy an application on Tomcat 5.5. I have written an application which consists of several classes. One of this classes is an servlet which is intended to be a servlet that I call from my web browser.

This servlet is located in a package.

I have built an war file from this application (myapp.war) and I suppose it will be extracted correctly in Tomcat if I put this file in the webapp directory.

I want to know how to write the web.xml fil!
    I want to know how to call my application from the web browser!

Can someone help me with this!

Best regards
    Håkan Axheim

Threaded Messages (2)

2. Deployment on Tomcat[ Go to top ]

It is kind of wide question. No short answer.

Yes, when you copy the .war file under webapp, Tomcat is going to run it.

web.xml file is mainly to define your servlet classes to let Tomcat know.

To call the servlet from browser simply you need to ad servlet's name to url with required parameters like "http://www.mysite.com/servlet/myservlet?stock_code=sunw".

If you are using an IDE for development, the IDE should help you dealing with those kind of things. If you don't, I suggest Netbeans. It makes the java development fun. It creates all the necessary files you need and you see the files and play with them. It is the best way to learn.

Regards;
    Mithat.
  3. Sorry[ Go to top ]

It is kind of wide question. No short answer.Yes, when you copy the .war file under webapp, Tomcat is going to run it.web.xml file is mainly to define your servlet classes to let Tomcat know.To call the servlet from browser simply you need to ad servlet's name to url with required parameters like "http://www.mysite.com/servlet/myservlet?stock_code=sunw". If you are using an IDE for development, the IDE should help you dealing with those kind of things. If you don't, I suggest Netbeans. It makes the java development fun. It creates all the necessary files you need and you see the files and play with them. It is the best way to learn. Regards;Mithat.

Sorry all,
    This is only test