Session Attribute problem

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Session Attribute problem

1. Session Attribute problem (5 messages)

Hi all,

I have a little bit strange requirement. I have a JSP page called header.jsp which has few attributes which are in Session scope. Some of these Session attributes are required by some JSP pages and should not be accessible by other JSP pages. What is the best way to resolve this problem? I strongl y appreciate if someone can help me on this issue.

Thanks in advance,
    Sandesh

Threaded Messages (5)

2. Question continued[ Go to top ]

I forgot to tell I'm using struts in the application.
  3. strange[ Go to top ]

really strange. i can't imagine where such a requirement arises at all! or are you confusing authentication stuff with session params?
  4. Session Attribute problem[ Go to top ]

If something is in session scope, it's available in all jsps. There is no way to restrict permissions of sessioned data by page that I know of.

www.binaryfrost.com
    Hi all,I have a little bit strange requirement. I have a JSP page called header.jsp which has few attributes which are in Session scope. Some of these Session attributes are required by some JSP pages and should not be accessible by other JSP pages. What is the best way to resolve this problem? I strongl y appreciate if someone can help me on this issue.Thanks in advance,Sandesh
  5. Session Attribute problem[ Go to top ]

I forgot to add this, this is of course unless you write code to manage that permissions yourself. I was talking about prebuilt framework/library of course.
    If something is in session scope, it's available in all jsps. There is no way to restrict permissions of sessioned data by page that I know of.www.binaryfrost.com
    Hi all,I have a little bit strange requirement. I have a JSP page called header.jsp which has few attributes which are in Session scope. Some of these Session attributes are required by some JSP pages and should not be accessible by other JSP pages. What is the best way to resolve this problem? I strongl y appreciate if someone can help me on this issue.Thanks in advance,Sandesh
  6. Session Attribute problem[ Go to top ]

Hi;

The best idea will be to go for request scope;)( querystrings etc), or to get the attributes on the appropriate pages/forms or actions from database or a properties file ..!

Regards
    Jyothish