ejb-jar.xml must either obey the right xml schema or define a va

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: ejb-jar.xml must either obey the right xml schema or define a va

1. We get the following error message when i deploy seam application. Configuration I have: Server jboss-4.0.3/JDK1.5 12:53:28,715 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not create deployment: file:/C:/jboss-4.0.3/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp8041jboss-seam-booking.ear-contents/jboss-seam-booking.jar org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: ejb-jar.xml must either obey the right xml schema or define a valid DOCTYPE! at org.jboss.metadata.ApplicationMetaData.importEjbJarXml(ApplicationMetaData.java:300) at org.jboss.metadata.XmlFileLoader.load(XmlFileLoader.java:151) at org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.create(EJBDeployer.java:506) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585) at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:141) at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:80) at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:118) at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:74) at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:127) at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.DynamicInterceptor.invoke(DynamicInterceptor.java:80) at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:74) at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:245) at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:644) at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:176) at $Proxy28.create(Unknown Source)

Threaded Messages (2)

2. doctype 4 ejb-jar.xml[ Go to top ]

Try to add this DOCTYPE:
  3. Re: doctype 4 ejb-jar.xml[ Go to top ]

Try to add this DOCTYPE:
    I had the same pb and I saw into another forum that the installation of JBoss wasn't well installed. I selected the all option . That's wrong. You must delete the first installation, and the for the new installation , just select the EJB3 option. Then all things will works fine.