World's Best XML IDE adds new XML tools and enhanced support for industry-leading data processing components for XQuery, EDI, XSL:FO and XSLT.
Bedford, MA, June 13, 2006 - Stylus Studio (http://www.stylusstudio.com
), the industry-leading provider of XML tools and components for advanced data integration, today announced the immediate availability of Stylus Studio® 2006 Release 3 XML Enterprise Edition. The new release includes powerful new XML tools, enhancements to Stylus Studio XML Deployment Components, and support for many widely-used data processing components for working with XQuery
"XML tools cannot exist in a vacuum - they must provide scalable deployment options and seamless integration with the industry-leading XML processing components that developers use in real-world applications. Relying on XML tools based exclusively on home-grown, proprietary XML implementations
may work in theory, but can result in serious scalability and standards compliance problems when it comes time to deploy your application. In Stylus Studio 2006 Release 3, we've updated our XML Deployment Components
and our support for popular processing components including DataDirect XQuery™
, RenderX XEP, Saxon, and others," said Robert Evelyn, VP and General Manager of DataDirect's XML Products Group. "The market's response to Stylus Studio 2006 has been tremendous, and we're confident that developers will be impressed with the new capabilities found in this latest release - it's a refreshing alternative to incomplete and over-priced XML tools."
New in Stylus Studio® 2006 Release 3
The following are just some of the highlights of the many new features and enhancements included in Stylus Studio 2006 Release 3 XML Enterprise Edition:
- Support for DataDirect XQuery 2.0, an implementation of XQuery that can query XML, relational data, SOAP messages, EDI, or a combination of data sources, creating XML as the result of queries. .
- Bundling of the RenderX Personal Edition XSL:FO processor for developing XML Publishing Applications including transforming XML to PDF.
- New XPath Query Editor, a new feature that provides multi-line editing; Sense:X auto-completion for syntax, functions, and axis; support for user-defined namespace prefixes; and more.
- New Java™ APIs for the Stylus Studio XML Deployment Components that make programmatic access to EDI / X12 / EDIFACT and other legacy data formats faster and easier than before.
- Support for the Saxon 8.7.1 XSLT and XQuery Processor
- Support for DataDirect Connect® for JDBC 3.6 for relational database access
- Executing and debugging support for System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform on the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
- Support for Window Themes and Docking window auto-hide like Visual Studio 2005
- Enhanced relational database access in XQuery Editor and XQuery Mapper through seamless integration with DataDirect XQuery 2.0.
- Web service tools now supports additional legacy SOAP encoding styles (RPC/Literal, RPC/Encoded) and the ability to introspect XML schema types either embedded in the WSDL or included/imported from external schemas.
General Availability and Pricing
Stylus Studio 2006 Release 3 XML Enterprise Edition is now available for free trial download, or for purchase at the Stylus Studio online shop
. For a limited time, developers can realize additional savings on online purchases of Stylus Studio, with prices for Stylus Studio 2006 Release 3 XML Enterprise Edition starting at just $795 (USD) for a single-user license. Volume discounts are also available - visit the online shop for a complete price list
. Stylus Studio XML Deployment Components are licensed on a per-CPU basis, with special introductory pricing available starting at $1000 per-CPU. For more information about enterprise licensing, or for any questions about purchasing Stylus Studio, call (781) 280-4832 or send an email to stylusstudio at stylusstudio dot com
About Stylus Studio®
Stylus Studio®, a product from DataDirect Technologies, an operating company of Progress Software Corporation, is the industry's most innovative XML IDE
, providing advanced support for XML and its related technologies: XSLT, XQuery, XML Schema, Web services, legacy data integration, XML mapping, and more. Used by leading software developers world-wide, Stylus Studio simplifies XML programming and enhances developer productivity through innovation. For more information, visit: http://www.stylusstudio.com
About DataDirect Technologies
DataDirect Technologies is the software industry's only comprehensive provider of software for connecting the world's most critical business applications to data and services, running on any platform, using proven and emerging standards. Developers worldwide depend on DataDirect® products to connect their applications to an unparalleled range of data sources using standards-based interfaces such as ODBC, JDBC™ and ADO.NET, XQuery and SOAP. More than 300 leading independent software vendors and thousands of enterprises rely on DataDirect Technologies to simplify and streamline data connectivity for distributed systems and to reduce the complexity of mainframe integration. DataDirect Technologies is an operating company of Progress Software Corporation (Nasdaq: PRGS). For more information, visit www.datadirect.com.
For More Information
Mr. Rob Estepe
Business Development Manager
stylusstudio at stylusstudio dot com
Tel: (781) 280-4488
DataDirect , DataDirect Connect, DataDirect XQuery, and Stylus Studio are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or service marks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Any other trademarks or service marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.