OR Mapping tools

Discussions

EJB design: OR Mapping tools

1. OR Mapping tools (3 messages)

Hi,

My project requires use of O/R mapping tool. I have heard a lot about TopLink and CocoBase. How good or bad they? I have got conflicting opinions about them from people. Some support TopLink while other CocoBase. I am really confused which one is better. You guys have any idea about which one is good depending your experiences with these tools, if any? Or is there any web site where both these tools have been evaluated by third party or something of that sort? I’ll be using IBM WebSphere 3.5, so I need the tool to be compatible with it.

Hope you guys can guide me……………

Thanx

Threaded Messages (3)

2. OR Mapping tools[ Go to top ]

I've used TOPLink sinced it's beta version 0.8 in August '97. It's a great tool, but it's been getting more expensive lately. If you have many objects (>10-15) with complex relationships (one-to-many, many-to-many ...) to map, I'd definately look into TopLink. Also, I've heard that the TopLink provider, WebGain, is making TopLink for WebSphere (=> CMP could use toplink mappings). You should be able to do BMP in WebSphere with toplink using "vanilla" TopLink for Java.
  3. OR Mapping tools[ Go to top ]

Hi,

Thanx for the response.
    One place I think where cocobase really scores over TOPLink is the code generation and the flexibilty of code generation. If i have my database desgin ready, i can generate BMPs with relationships between them. TOPLink doesn't support code generation. As far as CMP is concerned, IBM's Visual Age for Java provides pretty good support for that and that also coupled with Websphere.

What do u think?

Sumit
  4. OR Mapping tools[ Go to top ]

hai guys

i need all details regarding TOPLINK.i.e path,classpath,
    software & functionality.please make it urgent.

advance thanks
    dnkr