That's why we created the Windward Report Engine. Companies need a powerful, secure enterprise-level Java/J2EE reporting engine to back their critical reporting and document generation systems.
The Windward Engine installs easily, runs on one or more servers as part of your server-based application, and can easily produce hundreds of thousands of reports per day on a single server. The server is a pure Java product (and also is available as pure .NET).
Even better news: When combined with the Windward report design tools AutoTag and AutoTag Max, users design, schedule and run reports from within Microsoft Office
. That means you can turn over reporting to the business group and get back to more interesting work.
Our customers are using Windward in a number of different ways. Some use it for designing, generating and distributing reports such as invoices, inventory tallies, financial statements, insurance policies, customer account summaries, product usage reports, certificates and more.Others use it for doc gen and mail merge to automatically produce letters, forms and contacts.
That's the what. Here's the how.
When used in conjunction with AutoTag or AutoTag Max, the Windward Reports Engine immediately begins to save you money. One of the biggest expenses in creating reports correlates to the design tool's ease-of-use. AutoTag and AutoTag Max allow users to design templates in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
, and there's little learning curve because most professionals already know how to use Office. Our customers have found that creating and revising reports is at least 10 times faster than with other reporting systems.
Plus, Windward Reports makes data layout and source mapping trivial. You don't need to learn complicated code, because wizards and drag-and-drop functionality from within Microsoft Office make it easy to put tags, or data placeholders, into templates. The Windward Engine handles a variety of data sources, including SQL databases, XML files, and Excel spreadsheets. You can run reports with the click of a button, and you can produce documents in a wide array of outputs.
To sum it up:
- Report design in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Full-featured charts, graphs, and other visuals
- Business professionals edit templates without relying on IT staff, which means increased company productivity
- Easy access to data for non-programmers
- Capable of handling data from a wide range of sources, including Excel spreadsheets, XML files and SQL databases
- Preserves security features of existing database provisions
Additional Key Features:
- Reports run at the click of a button from within Microsoft Office
- A powerful and flexible automated report scheduler (with AutoTag Max)
- A wide array of available outputs, including DOCX, PDF, RTF, HTML, XLSX and PPTX
- The Windward Engine can handle multiple data sources in a single template
- All input and output with the Windward Engine is via streams, so files can be easily used but are not required
- You can write your own data source class to access any data in a report
The Windward Reporting Engine saves your company time and money. It's easy to install and integrate, you save time designing reports, and the engine handles a wide range of data so there's no expensive data conversion process.
You don't have to take my word for it. Check out our powerful Java reporting engine