Apache TomEE + Shrinkwrap==JavaEE Boot: Is a Spring Boot killer on its way?

Discussions

News: Apache TomEE + Shrinkwrap==JavaEE Boot: Is a Spring Boot killer on its way?

1. WARNING: I am not an expert of Spring Boot. There are a lot of things that I find really interesting about it and of course that can really improve your day-to-day work. Moreover I don't have anything against Spring Boot nor people who develop it or use it. But I think that community are overestimating/overvenerating this product.

A year ago I started to receive a lot links about blogposts, tweets, information about Spring Boot. From his website you can read:

Spring Boot makes it easy to create stand-alone, production-grade Spring based Applications that can you can "just run". 

And it seems that this thing has just revolutionized the Java world.

Read Full Post here

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Interesting..[ Go to top ]

Very interesting. But keep in mind that what you are solving with "JavaEE Boot" is only portion of what Spring (and thus Spring Boot) does.

3. Short answer...[ Go to top ]

No. Spring boot is more than just java ee.

4. Short answer...[ Go to top ]

More and less. It isn't standard-based to begin with. That, with the fact that I don't see any added-value besides what is provided by standard Java EE stuff, makes that I wouldn't want to use it.

5. ???[ Go to top ]

If you are talking about Spring not adding more than  Standard Java EE ... look harder.