A quick run-through of Java8's Optional with examples
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of Enterprise Java development.
What are the top Java libraries used by some of the most popular projects on Github? Based on analyzing 60,678 dependencies
Tacit is an open source CSS framework without a single class, which makes it very easy to use and learn
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
It is hard to comprehend just how quickly the companies who provide online tax services (TurboTax, TaxSlayer.com, eSmart Tax, H&R Block, and many others) need to ramp up their operations every year. Taxpayers don’t receive their W2s and other tax documentation until the end of January, so there is virtually no activity in that particular month. Then, once people have their forms at the beginning...
The main characteristics of a microservices-based application are defined in Microservices, Monoliths, and NoOps. Each service is fully autonomous and full-stack. Thus, changing a service implementation has no impact to other services as they communicate using well-defined interfaces. There are several advantages of such an application, but it’s not a free lunch and requires a significant effort...
A case study in upgrading a large codebase to Java 8 safely and without disruption to developers
JPQL does only support a subset of the SQL features and that is often not enough for real world applications. Using native queries in JPA has the downside that they return List
This article is the first in a two-part series on Test-Driven Development (TDD). After this, I’ll dive into Continuous Integration (CI). This article presents an overview of TDD, the process, and some of the tools that enable TDD. In part two, I’ll talk about code coverage, and the benefits that we, as developers, derive from it. As well as how TDD comes together not only for development but also...
Is mirrored simulation of software execution behavior across space and time prime ready?
What are the biggest misconceptions about Java Garbage Collection and how’s it really like?
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Boost runtime performance with NoSQL (23 Jul 2015) IT pros are turning to NoSQL to enhance runtime performance and fulfill non-functional requirements.
- IoT device startup creates customizable sensors (20 Jul 2015) Learn how Notion, an Internet of Things startup, built a sophisticated tier of server applications...
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...