Make sure you have these JavaOne sessions in your conference schedule
RebelLabs has published its next report. This time they cover Android, the platform, the development practices, the tooling and much more.
Streamline your Error Detection in your log4j logs with AppTags
In distributed Reactive systems, there is information that needs to be shared across the cluster–this can be done very fast, with eventual consistency across nodes, or slower, with consistent data across nodes. It really depends on your needs.
A look at Deeplearning4J & BIDData - two (slightly creepy) emerging machine learning technologies for the JVM
This article covers two emerging (and somewhat frightening) machine learning technologies for the JVM – Deeplearning4J and BIDData.
Checked InterruptedException in Java is a constant source of pain for many of us; here is my understanding of how it should be handled.
A short post showing a power of Gradle from the perspective of a Java developer that get stuck in Maven.
Jamie Allen of Typesafe has been working for several years to try to find a meaningful way to describe the core concepts of building efficient, Reactive applications - being asynchronous and non-blocking while minimizing concurrency and supporting linear scalability by enhancing parallelism. That is a veritable soup of esoteric terms that are difficult to grasp for even the most experienced...
At some point you’ve probably heard the term “test early and often.” If you are in an Agile organization, that term perfectly captures the philosophy of iterative development and the commitment to rooting out defects sooner rather than later.
This article reviews the tenants underscoring Google’s Big Table paper and presents HBase as an open source implementation of Big Table. It also reviews the four-dimensional data model that HBase exposes and the two ways that you can access data in HBase: as a key/value store or by using MapReduce.
How to to simpler conversions from Entities to DTOs and back in a Spring REST API.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Modularity thrives when microservices and SOA comes together (24 Mar 2016) Many organizations think they need to make a choice between service oriented architectures and...
- Automated acceptance testing pitfalls to avoid (18 Mar 2016) How can organizations get the most out of their software testing with the least amount of effort?...
- Reactive programming is all the rage at Fluent 2016 (22 Mar 2016) Find out why Microsoft's Matthew Podwysocki said he believes good reactive programming means...
- The key to mobile UI development is planning (29 Feb 2016) There is no such thing as over-planning when prepping for each stage of the mobile UI development....
- Make SCM tool Git the easiest part in a DevOps transition (21 Mar 2016) One of the first changes made by organizations engaging in a DevOps transition is using Git. Here...
- CloudBees answers the call with a Jenkins private SaaS edition (21 Mar 2016) CloudBees has made a name for itself by providing cloud-based approaches to Jenkins users, but its...
- JVM language Kotlin simplifies Android app development (15 Mar 2016) JetBrains, a company known for its popular IntilliJ and RubyMine IDEs, has released Kotlin, a new...
- Combine continuous integration software with GIT (29 Feb 2016) As microservices abound, organizations are finding that integrating Jenkins CI with source code...
- Are reactive systems the future of software architecture? (26 Feb 2016) Building with microservices and asynchronous messages is a start, but according to Typesafe's...
- Solving the problem of scaling Agile across the enterprise (26 Feb 2016) Small to medium-sized development teams have had success using Agile methods. Here's how...