When founders all have background from software development, some weird things are bound to happen. Especially when those founders are creating performance optimization software to be used by operations.
We use an array of tools for managing, maintaining and monitoring our servers. Using current popular parlance, these could often be referred to as DevOps tools, or tools with DevOps use-cases. We’re going to have a quick look at the automation side of things, more specifically, how we spin up VMs in both development and production using Chef allowing us to have consistent software version,...
Although still RC1 status, high-profile alternative to “toy product” GlassFish receives a further boost by making Oracle’s cut for certified platform compatible…
The healthcare.gov site was built by 55 contractors and is considered one of the most complex software projects ever undertaken for the federal government, which might be where their problems all started. In testimony before U.S. Congress, the contractors responsible for HealthCare.gov declared the reason for the crash. See here to learn...
If you’re excited about Java 8, it's understandable--there are loads of new things coming to the language that should make developers giddier than normal. But have you thought about what will happen to your code when you migrate over?
We thought it would be a good time to bring Nashorn to the mix by taking a look under the hood, and see how it compiles Lambda expressions (especially compared to Java and Scala).
There is no hiding the fact mobile app development is a booming industry with a forecast to hit $25 billion at the beginning of 2014. With the amount of apps on the market, the competition is getting fiercer and the consumers are getting pickier. Here are four articles we have found that illustrate the importance of mobile app testing:...
An article that explains how JMM works, going all the way from Java code, through OpenJDK sources, and down to CPU caches.
Five ways in which we can use efficient coding to help our garbage collector spend less CPU time allocating and freeing memory, and reduce GC overhead.
In this post, we'll see basic usage of HDFS command 'bin\hdfs dfs' with different options like mkdir, copyFromLocal, cat, ls and finally run the wordcount MapReduce job provided in %HADOOP_HOME%\share\hadoop\mapreduce\hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.2.0.jar. On successful execution of the job in the Single Node (pseudo-distributed mode) cluster, an output (contains counts of the occurrences of each...
y do so many organizations archive gigs and gigs of log data to Amazon’s S3? Over the past few years I have spoken to hundreds of our new. One of the first things that strikes me is that, even if they do not have a sophisticated log management solution in place, many organizations simply dump their logs to S3. As roll your own logging solutions go, archiving to S3 is by far the most popular. This...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- Template based web design with JSF Facelets: ui:insert versus ui:include (20 Jul 2014) When creating a web page template with JSF, a developer needs to know the difference between...
- Turning a web page into a JSF 2.0 template with Facelets (19 Jul 2014) How do you take a web page and turn it into a template using Facelets as the template engine? It...
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Visualization techniques revolutionize modern business intelligence gathering (06 Jul 2014) With so much data to be analyzed, organizations want a new way to be able to conceptualize the...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
- Why All Enterprise Data Integration Products Are Not Equal (Talend)
- Presentation Transcript: Time is Money: Dramatically Reducing Performance Inefficiencies for Competitive Advantage (Dell Software)
- Medical Supply Company Improves Opportunity to Cash Processes with Application Integration (Apps Associates LLC)
- Neo Technology
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.