This guide is designed to help Developers architect Enterprise Mobile Apps. It covers the following Mobile Development aspects: Enterprise Integration, Offline Support, Data Push, Authentication, and Platform Support.
Open source WSO2 API Manager fosters new business models for monetizing APIs, provides unmatched flexibility for deploying on servers and in the cloud
ZeroTurnaround, the creators of JRebel, now supports automated, secure, zero downtime deployments for .NET applications with LiveRebel 2.7, in addition to Java, PHP, Python, Ruby and Perl applcations.
PrettyTime is an open source, Java Library – enabling simple parsing and computer understanding of natural language, and social date references like, “let’s go to dinner at 6,” or “I’ll be on vacation for three days”.
Let's talk how to get visibility into an important component of any complex system: the messaging queue. Specifically, let’s look at how to trace a job from Rails using Resque.
We had a badly behaving application at hand, repeatedly dying with the OutOfMemoryError in production. Investigating the underlying data structures we soon found ways to reduce the memory overhead in order of magnitude.
jvmtop is a lightweight console application to monitor all accessible, running jvms on a machine. It's like top but is able to provide jvm internals (e.g. memory information) of running JVMs / java processes. It can also drill down cpu-usage to the thread-level, showing you the most cpu-intensive threads in a live view.
When Java EE7 is released it will include JSR-352. This provides an interesting opportunity for companies looking to move their batch processing onto a modern platform. Here we take a first look at the Java Batch programming model.
In the IT world, the demand for highly skilled software engineers continues to grow as application development becomes an integral part of more and more businesses around the globe. And as more and more applications are highly connected, have strong SLAs and are addressing sensitive business issues, the demand for load and performance testers also grows. Companies have been using creative...
This latest report from Rebel Labs has a brand new format--all-HTML, and no sign up required. Directly download our overview of Virtualization and Provisioning, along with commentary by the creators of Vagrant and Chef.
We describe how we automated a build process producing 20 different deliverables for five different platforms. Tools used include Jenkins, Gradle, Artifactory and Bitbucket
The Concurrent-Mark-Sweep collector is a low pause Java Garbage Collector used in Hotspot. Here's how it works.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Goodbye, sysadmins; hello, software developers (02 Dec 2013) As organizations are moving towards cloud computing, sysadmins are losing their relevance in...
- The challenge of balancing BYOD privacy and security (25 Nov 2013) Learn about how vendors are trying to help balance BYOD privacy and security.
- Cloud adopters seek help for their DevOps, app monitoring and cost control problems (18 Nov 2013) As more companies move to the cloud, more and more companies are realizing that expert help,...
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Solving performance issues with self-adaptive software (24 Oct 2013) In this discussion, Cameron McKenzie and JInspired CTO William Louth talk about the concepts behind...
- Overprovisioning in AWS? Cost-control tools and strategies can help (22 Nov 2013) For organizations that have moved to the cloud, old habits may be costing them dearly as they...
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013: How to get kids involved in coding (23 Sep 2013) Saskia Vermeer-Ooms and Regina ten Bruggencate offer advice on how to get kids interested in...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.