A case study that shows how to prevent cluster disconnects and data loss when operating the ELK Stack on Amazon Web Services. What tips would you add?
In this post we'll take Spring Boot's idea of executable jars to its natural conclusion: fusing your Spring Boot application together with a JVM and a kernel into a immutable bootable app that can be run unchanged on both VirtualBox and EC2.
What are Java micro frameworks and why should you use them?
Here is a list of criteria I apply to software projects submitted for the Software Quality Award; they can be applied equally to any other projects
A step by step tutorial, showing you how to convert your existing Java Ant project to Maven.
We are still in the early stages of IoT, so not a lot is known about the behavioral and performance characteristics of large-scale IoT systems. However, there are a few things we do know. When it comes to IoT, it’s a pretty safe bet that performance engineers will want to pay particular attention to the following areas...
Can you actually develop a highly complex cloud tool with a cloud development tool?
What happened at Google I/O? Well, it's a developer centric conference, so why not send one of the industry's most respected developers to report on the happenings? From radar replacing the keyboard and mouse, to new cloud based offerings for your Android programs, there's lots to love at Google I/O 2015.
The first in a series of articles looking at the microbenchmarking of Apache Spark.
The very attempt to estimate a software project has fundamental flaws and can't be done right; instead, we should estimate different parameters.
Taboola’s Spark monitoring architecture for handling 10B+ daily user events
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Limited bandwidth may stifle IoT development (10 Sep 2015) When it comes to IoT development, limited network bandwidth could be the weak link in the chain as...
- Examine modular code development with Java's Project Jigsaw (22 Sep 2015) Project Jigsaw is the new standard for modular code development in Java. Expert Barry Burd takes an...
- Novel P2P server infrastructure may be game changer (11 Sep 2015) A new approach to a P2P server infrastructure for Web applications is gaining recognition. Expert...
- What makes good software development tools great? (09 Sep 2015) Find out what separates the good software development tools from the great.
- Network capacity management still a challenge for apps (17 Sep 2015) Network capacity management challenges are increasing at a faster rate than ever with the...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- Improving developer productivity with ZeroTurnaround (09 Sep 2015) In this podcast, Anton Arhipov and Geert Bevin talk about ZeroTurnaround's legacy of delivering...
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.