Personally, I'd like to see the DAO pattern go the way of the dodo bird, but if you do find yourself swimming in a sea of data access objects, maybe Freezer will help you paddle your way out of them?
JITWatch is a log analyser for Java HotSpot JIT compiler. It consumes JIT log files and visualizes the compilation activity. Learn how to configure it on your project and what information can it provide you with.
This is series of posts describing how you can use Big Data and related technologies to enable both business and customers to gain still unknown pieces of information. The articles explores different Big Data technologies and explain how you can use each one to get desired results. It takes an example of typical eCommerce platform where a customer can browse different products.
Why do they call it Google I/O? Because I owe a bunch of money after buying all the cool toys they displayed in the exhibitors hall. What was cool and what wasn't? Prolific Java author Barry Burd lets us know.
For most people today, reliability is critical and TCP is a natural choice for most applications where data is important; for example, everything from web page, to mail, to SSH are TCP -based protocols.
When I started my career as a Java developer close to 10 years ago, the industry is going through a revolutionary change. Spring framework, which was released in 2003, was quickly gaining ground and became a serious challenger to the bulky J2EE platform. Having gone through the transition time, I quickly found myself in favour of Spring framework instead of J2EE platform, even the earlier...
How to use your debugger in the presence of timeouts in your code.
“Mobile performance testing is the same as web application testing. Right?” The answer is no, web application testing might share the same basic principles with mobile application testing but there are more factors to consider with mobile apps. Read on to learn how to build a solid mobile performance strategy:...
A Performance Analysis of Pivotal's Reactive Foundational Library
Walking your Java objects usually involves callbacks as seen in the visitor pattern. This approach tends to be hard to control, especially when deciding on which branches to skip and which to follow. This tutorial shows how to use the iterator pattern to turn a complete Java object graph into a stream of key-value properties. It then turns the stream into a formatted string you can log while...
Since Java 8 release interfaces can contain definitions of static and default methods. Default methods form another chain of inheritance, parallel to the class inheritance, and can greatly confuse you if you let them get out of hands.
What if you could go back in time when an app running in the cloud, servicing a request and inject new code into the flow that augments a simulated reality.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Java platform: Invigorating robustness and simplicity (16 Feb 2015) Java platform architects reminisce about the design of Java and how the platform is being pushed...
- 5 ways to boost security and reduce mobile risks (09 Feb 2015) Mobile risks are a constant concern for businesses with employees who work on mobile devices. Here...
- Growing the demand for NoSQL technology, and non-relational solutions (30 Jan 2015) While relational databases have been the stalwart of enterprise computing, more and more...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...
- Google's Solve for X Program nears this year's final round (23 Jan 2015) Interested in solving the worlds greatest problems? Well, Google is, and if you want Google to give...