Set up a REST API with Spring and Java based Configuration, HTTP response codes, REST payloads and marshalling.
Maven pom.xml files may be repeatedly verbose from project to project; jcabi-parent offers a pre-configured solution.
A look at what it means to be truly in the present in interactively observing software execution behavior and its performance.
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of Enterprise Java development. This time they are joined by Oracle JavaEE Technical Evangelist Reza Rahman.
In Part II of this blog I explain those metrics on database, connection pool and error detection side that I look at when analyzing load test results: Avg # SQLs per User (should go down over time with caching), Connection Acquisition Time instead of just looking at Pool Utilization and Ratio between # Exception vs Log Messages are some of the metrics that you should also add to your portfolio
Today I’ll explain how to use HTML 5, to read information about file(s) selected by users, and to upload the file(s) on a server. The FileApi is one of the most interesting features added with HTML 5. Now we can display file(s) information before they are uploaded on the server, and we can send them without “posting” a form.
Typically JVMs are monitored by using remote JMX monitoring tools. There are signficant problems wth this approach.Examples: how do you monitor a farm of JVMs without having and administrative headache ofsetting up remote JMX configurations, ports, SSL, etc etc.
Mocking frameworks is not a good practice and should be your last resort; instead, create and ship fake classes together with your code
null. It’s one of the first things you learn in Java; if not because your teacher or tutorial is outright telling you all about it, you’ll be confronted with a NullPointerException. Let’s revisit the topic. I’ll show you a few tricks to sidestep the need to deal with null, or null lookalikes, entirely.
What are some of the best integrations available to optimize your JIRA workflow?
In this aticle we take you through Java testing using FindBugs and PMD in NetBeans.
Not only will the Patriots take on the Seattle Seahawks in the big game, but many web based companies will be taking on large-scale traffic challenges after airing their prime time commercials that day. After hearing this, you should ignore the pregame hype, put down the nachos and get your servers ready for maxxed out user load.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- OpenStack develops its own static code analysis tool for Python (18 Jun 2015) For OpenStack, necessity proved to be the mother of invention, leading to development of a static...
- When loose coupling and SOA style software layering doesn't make sense (15 Jun 2015) Loose coupling and adding in SOA style layers don't make sense unless an application is going to be...
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...