RIAs represent the next step toward a more interactive, efficient, and easy to use web. They are becoming a standard for the industry and therefore must be optimized to ensure good performance for the users. Load testing is essential to effectively optimize the performance of these new technologies. Because of the change in how RIAs handle client / server interactions, special consideration must...
Award-winning VMWare Enterprise Architect cites two approaches for running Java with an in-memory data grid to achieve different goals. Both an embedded model and a parallel stored procedure model are available within the vFabric data platform.
If your application is simultaneously under load and doing heavy back-end processing, performance can be affected. That’s why many application architectures use Message Queues such as IBM WebSphere®, which spread work evenly over the day. But what do you do if your Message Queue isn’t performing? This blog post draws on experience working with an e-commerce company to identify and resolve Message...
Minor update release for the popular Eclipse based JMS Browser.
Debate is happening among developers as to whether native apps are better than mobile cloud apps. Expert Bill Claybrook examines both.
Klaros-Testmanagement, the web application for organizing and managing the test process in software engineering projects is available now in version 3.7. The main improvements in this version are in performance, in particular when handling large amounts of data, and in user-friendliness in the most heavily used areas.
eXo Platform is a perfect runtime for content-based applications. It is very easy to create flexible data structures, add forms and display them. The built-in Content Management System contains all the constructs you need to speed up your app development. In this series of posts, we will demonstrate how to use eXo Platform capabilities to add a blog to your social intranet.
This article introduces the reasoning, thinking and concepts behind a technology we call Signals, which we believe has the potential to have a profound impact on the design and development of software, the performance engineering of systems and the management of distributed interconnected applications and services. We originally designed Signals to address the sub-microsecond execution...
Big data has exploded in both importance and prevalence over the past couple of years. And with big data solutions becomming so common, the technology itself is evolving. But how is it evolving, and how is the technology adapting to the needs of the consumer?
When the end goal is creating the highest quality of user experience possible on a mobile device, there's no debating the fact that native application development is the only way to go. But with at least four major platforms to target in a Bring-your-own-device world, each with its own platform-specific development kits and APIs, how can an organization effectively deliver mobile applications...
An overview of the JVM internal compiler turning Java bytecode directly into processor instructions.
Have you ever wondered how FORs impact your code? How they are limiting your design and more important how they are transforming your code into an amount of lines without any human meaning? In this post we are going to see how to transform a simple example of a for (provided by Francesco Cirillio - anti-if campaign), to something more readable and well designed.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- JSR-286 development tutorial: Mastering request-response programming (17 May 2013) This portlet programming tutorial shows how the PortletRequest and Portlet Response are used when...
- Two most commonly misconfigured Tomcat performance settings (05 May 2013) Tomcat on the server is different from Tomcat on the desktop, but too many system admins fail to...
- Yale graph DB project uncovers hidden big data trends (05 May 2013) Graphic analysis of big data problems can often uncover hidden trends that might otherwise be...
- Expert insight into building distributed, service oriented systems (03 May 2013) Developing complex service oriented systems is a challenge, but with insight from the author of the...
- Dell Boomi and other integration providers jump on API management (10 May 2013) After several API management firms were acquired elsewhere, Dell Boomi announces their own API...
- Software developers demanding resource based, RESTful APIs (03 May 2013) Software developers are demanding APIs that are delivered in a RESTful, resource based way, and one...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.