Benchmarking Java with the OpenJDK code tools: The Java Microbenchmarking Harness
Defining and Editing log4j Patterns in SysLog for more Refined Data Parsing
Chatbot is a perfect alternative to a traditional user interface when dealing with a microservice and professional users.
Communication, collaboration and integration are the three main principles of the ever-growing, modern approach to software delivery known as “DevOps.”
The diversity of streaming media formats and performance metrics may leave QA teams wondering how to accurately test and measure the quality of the end user experience. Today, I’ll discuss some of the main differences between progressive downloads and adaptive bitrate streaming in terms of load and performance testing and explore the ways in which your organization can realistically test and...
Planning your load test doesn’t have to take tons of time if you approach it the right way and if you set yourself up for success from the start. Follow this advice and all will end well.
Checked InterruptedException in Java is a constant source of pain for many of us; here is my understanding of how it should be handled.
Discusses an often over looked blindspot in the performance analysis of event stream based systems such as trading and gaming.
Today more than ever, speed plays a larger role in the software development lifecycle. We see R&D teams who want to push code faster to production environments with rising complexity, and this amplifies a vulnerability that must be addressed
With JavaOne 2015 in full swing we take a look at a summary of what happened at the JavaOne Keynote 2015.
The time between Java 6 and Java 7 releases has made many organizations complacent in terms of upgrading their JDK. But for many, it's time to stop complaining about problems that have been fixed in newer releases and actually move to a newer edition of the JDK.
In this article we are going to look into the general problem of managing data in distributed architectures, briefly discuss the traditional relational database management systems and then switch our gears to NoSQL / NewSQL solutions.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...