Mark Reinhold announces that the Java Platform Group has successfully brought JDK 8 to its eighth milestone. Now, developers get a chance to preview the build.
The enterprise landscape has changed significantly since many enterprises have implemented their SOA based systems. One reality is that when SOA meets mobile, taking a defensive approach to security becomes a requirement.
Emerging technology trends such as social, mobile, cloud and big data may be the new norm, but compliance and security fears persist.
Use this blog as Guide to prepare for the holiday shopping season. It is a collection of Best Practices we captured from our previous and current engagements with eCommerce veterans and startup sites that managed to get through the previous holiday seasons without major hiccups. The main goal is to ensure high conversion rates. In order to do this you need to test the important landing pages,...
Back in late May, jClarity ran small survey to see what the state of Java/JVM cloud (virtualised) deployments were in their community. Here are the results of that survey, despite it's relatively small sample size it makes for interesting reading!
Google is about to do it again. What you ask? They're about to release a new product that will likely wither and die after a handful of developers start using it and investing time in it. Here are all the non-existent details about Google Web Designer that you don't really need to know.
Apache TomEE is a Java EE server, which provides you with the best technology stack that can be deployed to a simple Java EE container. you’ll see how easy it is to deploy Java web apps into TomEE. In this tutorail you'll see how easy it is to deploy Java web apps into TomEE.
A new mini comic series on the topic of monitoring and managing (control) Java applications.
It’s hard to implement an effective, scalable search system, which is why Apache Solr is probably the most popular ‘black box’ in web app infrastructure.
Do you still spend your nights or weekends in war room scenarios in order to fix production performance problems? You have heard of DevOps but are scared of the change and you dont really know how to start and what to focus on? In this blog we cover best practices of companies that jumped on the DevOps train for the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. It takes a lot of...
Comments on some key concepts and ideas in a research paper outlining future directions in engineering self-adaptive software systems.
What greeks, romans, indians and NoSQL databases have in common?
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- PaaS isn't just for DevOps anymore. Nor has it ever been. (21 Jan 2014) Somehow Platform as a Service (PaaS) has been pigeonholed as an arm of bleeding edge DevOps teams....
- There is more to PaaS than just application deployment and management (21 Jan 2014) There is no doubt that various PaaS plays and cloud computing platforms have greatly simplified...
- People and process trump tools when it comes to improving software quality (11 Jan 2014) There are a variety of new tools emerging on the market, but if your organization is working to...
- 2014 Java middleware predictions cite cloud, data and more (02 Jan 2014) Expert Steve Millidge makes predictions for Java middleware in 2014.
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Better software testing and improved quality starts with the culture (03 Jan 2014) Software testing is more than just a stage in the development process. Testing is a philosophy that...
- Can Java and JSF on the server-side make mobile on the front end easier? (05 Jan 2014) While many software developers are learning new programming languages to deliver native mobile...
- Scala? Groovy? Why Java is the right programming language for 2014 and beyond (01 Jan 2014) New programming languages offer a variety of benefits, from the way they handle big data, to the...
- YARN and MapReduce 2.0 elevates big data Hadoop and scheduled processing (03 Jan 2014) YARN represents the biggest architectural change in Hadoop since it's inception over seven years...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.