In order to be successful at mobile app testing, testers need to be up to date with the latest in the mobile world. We have gathered four articles looking at what’s happening in the mobile application environment today and how to approach testing from a tester’s perspective: http://www.neotys.com/blog/how-to-approach-mobile-app-testing/
GlobalSign has offered to give a free wildcard SSL certificate for qualified open source projects, as a way of supporting open source and as a way to encourage adoption of industry best practices.
Java Platform, Standard Edition 8 (Java SE 8) is a major feature release and is now generally available. It contains new features and enhancements in many functional areas. Java SE 8 delivers enhanced developer productivity and significant application performance increases through reduced boilerplate code, improved collections and annotations, simpler parallel programming models and more...
If you're annoyed that GlassFish commercial support is going the way of the dodo, then check out how you can get started easily with the only other enterprise open-source app servers out there: JBoss and TomEE...
A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the new Shenandoah GC collector from Redhat’s Roman Kenneke and Christine Flood. I managed to grab a quick hour or two today to see if it would just run out of the box against PCGen – a large and complex Swing application...
NetBeans IDE 8.0 provides out-of-the-box code analyzers and editors for working with the latest Java 8 technologies--Java SE 8, Java SE Embedded 8, and Java ME Embedded 8.
You may have heard that MongoDB has issues with scaling out. Have you heard that MongoHQ has to scale up?
There are some companies who still haven’t considered load testing their website or mobile application. Maybe it’s because they don’t get a lot of traffic to their site or maybe their mobile app has just been released and only has a small number of users. If you have been getting by not load testing your website, you’ve been very lucky. But how long can that lucky streak really last? Read on...
User experience can boost or kill your revenue. Unhappy users are likely to abandon a service they struggle with and go to your competitors. To effectively manage the experience of your users, you need to efficiently monitor and understand their transactions in your mobile, web and enterprise applications. More importantly, and often overlooked, the practice of User Experience Management (UEM)...
Java 8 is packed full of really exciting features at both the JVM and language level. Here are 5 features that we feel are an absolute must for you to know about
Human brain doesn’t reason about concurrent programs behavior well. Even simple examples of concurrent Java programs can be puzzling. Look how JCStress, a Java concurrency test framework, allows you to write concise tests to verify programs correctness under concurrent execution.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Transitioning to Java 8 (03 Oct 2014) At JavaOne, the vice president of Java development at Oracle opened up about Java 8 trends and...
- Overcoming barriers to Java application performance (02 Oct 2014) Developers and architects at JavaOne 2014 discussed how to improve Java application performance.
- Understanding the new Nashorn (01 Oct 2014) At JavaOne 2014, discussion turned to the creation and upgrades of the compiler engine called...
- Goetz hangs his hat on lambda parallelism and performance (30 Sep 2014) When it comes to improving Java, few changes have been as eagerly anticipated as lambdas. From...
- Bitnami: How a pet project evolved into cloud hosting and server management (24 Sep 2015) It's amazing how what was once a pet project that provided simple installers to fellow developers...
- Will Java EE 8 adoption outpace previous releases? (17 Oct 2014) At JavaOne 2014, Barry Burd discussed how and why he's predicting a fast adoption of Java EE 8.
- Startup promises native Java across mobile platforms (03 Oct 2014) Learn how startup company Codename One is promising native Java across mobile platforms.
- The highlights of Java EE 8 (30 Sep 2014) At JavaOne 2014, the latest features and upgrades of Java EE 8 were highlighted.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.