In this blog we look behind the statistical approaches performance analysis tools take to deal with lots of data. Many tools use statistical sampling approaches by filtering out data that is not relevant. Question though is: How to decide what is relevant? Does it really make sense to just focus on slow performing code and improve that for a small number of users? Or would it be better to focus...
Are you an Eclipse user that has ever wondered why IntelliJ IDEA users are so outspoken about their IDE? Is it possible that some awesome, secret features exist in IntelliJ that Eclipse users aren't aware of?
I have been training my team at the methodology of DevOps and changing the company’s culture. Last week I was trying to explain to some colleagues how we work at Wix and about our dev culture. While doing it I realized that we are doing much more than just DevOps. What we actually do is much more than DevOps, our culture is actually “developer centric culture” or in short “Dev Centric” culture.
At this year’s JAX Mainz, not only will you see the regular deepdive sessions, workshops and keynotes on the Java ecosystem and the rich mix of related open technologies that it entails - you’ll also get the chance to honour your peers and give them the recognition they deserve.
Trimou is an open source Mustache templates implementation written in Java. It's focused on extensibility and configurability. Try it out!
When founders all have background from software development, some weird things are bound to happen. Especially when those founders are creating performance optimization software to be used by operations.
We use an array of tools for managing, maintaining and monitoring our servers. Using current popular parlance, these could often be referred to as DevOps tools, or tools with DevOps use-cases. We’re going to have a quick look at the automation side of things, more specifically, how we spin up VMs in both development and production using Chef allowing us to have consistent software version,...
Although still RC1 status, high-profile alternative to “toy product” GlassFish receives a further boost by making Oracle’s cut for certified platform compatible…
The healthcare.gov site was built by 55 contractors and is considered one of the most complex software projects ever undertaken for the federal government, which might be where their problems all started. In testimony before U.S. Congress, the contractors responsible for HealthCare.gov declared the reason for the crash. See here to learn...
If you’re excited about Java 8, it's understandable--there are loads of new things coming to the language that should make developers giddier than normal. But have you thought about what will happen to your code when you migrate over?
We thought it would be a good time to bring Nashorn to the mix by taking a look under the hood, and see how it compiles Lambda expressions (especially compared to Java and Scala).
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- HTML5 tools and semantic elements analyzed and explained (14 Aug 2014) HTML5 is still a bit of a mystery for some developers. In this tip, developers can learn about the...
- The self-service BI proposition: How big data is disrupting business intelligence (09 Aug 2014) Massive amounts of data are being crunched in order to provide business intelligence to managers...
- Aggregating big data from embedded devices is changing the analytics world (09 Aug 2014) With more and more embedded devices being connected to corporate networks, more data than ever is...
- Top 5 Java based tools for capturing business intelligence (BI) (28 Jul 2014) There are many tools out there for working with BI, but here we look at the top five Business...
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.