In this tutorial, I will show you how to develop a RESTful web application by using Spring and MongoDB without implementing boring uniform controllers.
ZK, a popular Java Web Framework, has performed a polling to its community, in order to learn how Microsoft Edge will affect Web development in the next several months.
In this article, I'll quickly review the evolution of log management in recent years, describe our own personal experiences analyzing our logs and metrics and share my six main considerations for log analytics in the cloud.
The top 5 things you need to know before moving to Apache Spark
Have you ever considered including users in performance testing? It may not be the most obvious thing to think about, but the benefits are really interesting. There is nothing quite like the feedback that a real user provides, even for performance. Here’s how to do it.
When we update or delete a row using pessimistic locking, we lock that row (exclusively) for reading and writing. This ensures that the same row cannot be updated simultaneously by anyone else than the one holding the lock (you). This is safe, but it means that other threads that just want to access (not only write, but also read!) the row cannot do so until the lock has been released,...
Crowdfunding has been utilised to back everything from the construction of potato salad to effigies of Lionel Ritchie. This week however, we were particularly surprised to see a JVM-centric campaign pop up: JUnit Lambda, which is aiming to raise 25,000 EUR to push forward the development of the popular Java testing library.
Ever wanted to start your web project from scratch, but never knew how and where to find the right tools? Well, you’re in the right place.
Wouldn't it be great to support good ol' primary research AND Devoxx4Kids? You can do just that by completing Reactive Revealed 2015, a 5-minute (engineer verified) survey that asks about the relevance of the tools, architectures, practices and opinions related to Reactive application development to your project.
Arquillian Cube is an Arquillian extension that can be used to manage Docker containers from Arquillian. Basically it starts all Docker containers required for your tests, deploys the application (or micro-application) which can be Java based or not, runs the tests and finally stops all of them.
In this post we look at the solutions to the common reasons why a Maven build might be slow. Serial build, not parallelized tests, doing unnecessary work are all signs that you can speed up your Maven build.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.