The ZK team is proud to announce the release of ZK 8! ZK 8 is created to present developers with even more powerful tools, allowing faster and more accurate development of Java Web Applications. It aims to leverage the advancing client-side power with client-side command binding and template injection, while still allowing you to enjoy the equally important server-side integration and security.
We’ve written previously how performance often still remains an afterthought in the test process – even at agile shops. But if performance is not the job of one lone performance engineer or an isolated team, can it be part of everyone’s job?Can the performance testing function become a keeper of a process, as has happened with functional QA? Of course! Here’s how to make that happen.
This week has seen the programming world gorging itself on yet another piping hot pan of FUD fudge, thanks to a recent missive to InfoWorld by “a former high-ranking Java official.” In an article titled, “Insider: Oracle has lost interest in Java,” Paul Krill laid out the main thrust of the email, which apparently carried the header “Java — planned obsolescence.” In an article titled, “Insider:...
While originally conceived primarily as a Java IDE, with NetBeans 8.1, Oracle proves that their open source development tool can provide top tier Node.js IDE support as well.
Part III in a series reviewing Big Data and the various solutions that have been built to capture, manage, and analyze it. This article dives deeper into data analysis using Hadoop and MapReduce.
TheServerSide considers itself pretty lucky to have Barry Burd, the best-selling author of Beginning Programming with Java For Dummies and Android Application Development All-in-One For Dummies regularly contributing articles and tutorials about the various things going on in the IT world that he finds interesting and compelling. Here’s a look at some of the things that have caught his attention...
ZK 8 has both memory and response improvements; it is faster and lighter than ZK 7. If using ZK 8's new feature - Shadow Elements- the memory consumption is approximately one-third lighter than ZK 7 for 100 to 1500 concurrent users. In regard to the response time, ZK 8 is approximately 6 to 12 times faster than the previous version. We hope you will like the speed enhancement of ZK 8!
Spring Integration is an open source framework for enterprise application integration. In this course, you are introduced to Enterprise Application Integration patterns and how Spring Integration addresses them.
Some of the weirdest Java puzzlers that we had a chance to get our hands on
Test-Driven Development is a great tool for functional testing, but can you apply the same technique to performance testing? Why not? The purpose of TDD is to build out small unit tests, or scenarios, under which you control your initial coding. Your tests will fail the first time you run them because you haven’t actually developed any code. But once you do start coding, you’ll end up with just...
Apache TomEE makes Java EE fast and lightweight. We take this to the next level by using Boxfuse to deploy a Java EE application to AWS using a single command.
When I read Angelika Langer’s Java performance tutorial – How fast are the Java 8 streams? I couldn’t believe that for a specific operation they took about 15 times longer than for loops. Could stream performance really be that bad? I had to find out! Coincidently, I recently watched a cool talk about microbenchmarking Java code and I decided to put to work what I learned there. So lets see...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Modularity thrives when microservices and SOA comes together (24 Mar 2016) Many organizations think they need to make a choice between service oriented architectures and...
- Automated acceptance testing pitfalls to avoid (18 Mar 2016) How can organizations get the most out of their software testing with the least amount of effort?...
- Reactive programming is all the rage at Fluent 2016 (22 Mar 2016) Find out why Microsoft's Matthew Podwysocki said he believes good reactive programming means...
- The key to mobile UI development is planning (29 Feb 2016) There is no such thing as over-planning when prepping for each stage of the mobile UI development....
- Make SCM tool Git the easiest part in a DevOps transition (21 Mar 2016) One of the first changes made by organizations engaging in a DevOps transition is using Git. Here...
- CloudBees answers the call with a Jenkins private SaaS edition (21 Mar 2016) CloudBees has made a name for itself by providing cloud-based approaches to Jenkins users, but its...
- JVM language Kotlin simplifies Android app development (15 Mar 2016) JetBrains, a company known for its popular IntilliJ and RubyMine IDEs, has released Kotlin, a new...
- Combine continuous integration software with GIT (29 Feb 2016) As microservices abound, organizations are finding that integrating Jenkins CI with source code...
- Are reactive systems the future of software architecture? (26 Feb 2016) Building with microservices and asynchronous messages is a start, but according to Typesafe's...
- Solving the problem of scaling Agile across the enterprise (26 Feb 2016) Small to medium-sized development teams have had success using Agile methods. Here's how...