In this article we take a look at what is important to consider as part of of your process in choosing a Java Application Server.
I always find it frustrating to “argue” with our competitors about what the best solution is. There is no “one size fits all” – there is just a “this tool fits best for your APM Maturity Level” (not saying the others wouldn’t do a good job). In this blog I highlight the reasons why Steven - a Performance Engineer - switched to our solution. Not because we are the best - but because we fit their...
Open source, lean, and modular, Spring IO brings together the core Spring APIs into a single, cohesive and versioned foundation for modern applications to help Java developers innovate and develop applications faster. Available as a 100% open source Maven Bill-of-Materials and commercial support, training and consulting available from Pivotal.
Here we are in the middle of the World Cup, and the entire world is watching thanks to the ubiquity of online video. Services like video streaming, live social media coverage and mobile push notifications have only been available for a short time – yet consumers have embraced them and immediately become reliant on them. In this post, we will take a look at the digital side of world sporting...
Simple question. The simplest answer to that may be “It depends.” But let’s explore that aspect a little further and please keep in mind there is no absolute truth despite what pages upon pages of heated online discussions might suggest. In addition to that we also have some fully-working, juicy sample code for you to ogle over. We’re talking about @Transactional in a Spring based project...
Thumbtack published an excellent blog post today. It highlights the preliminary results of performance tests executed with Couchbase Server, MongoDB and DataStax Enterprise (Apache Cassandra).
Achieving an affordable database solution that is both scalable and performant has always been a challenge, but Amazon has put scalability and performance within the reach of all sizes of business with their NoSQL solutions that have grown out of their Dynamo based big data systems.
With a list of happy customers only 1 week after the v1.0 launch, engineers seem to love the way XRebel lets them expose future bugs and production issues in web applications...all during the development stage!
I never thought that I have to write about this topic again, but I have to since a couple months ago I have to justify a decision of using Spring Framework in an enterprise environment. The decision to be made was whether we are going for JEE or using Spring Framework.
To understand the root cause of key performance issues you will generally need to look at your application logs to figure out if an exception was thrown somewhere along the request as it propagates through your system.
PDF is still an important file format and is even increasing in usage in the production of packaging and Archiving markets.... It now has its own Conference and organisation and you can find out more about both in this articles.
Unlock productivity is one of the bigger concerns for any person taking management role. However, people rarely agree on the best approaches to improve performance. Over the years, I have observed different managers using the opposite practices to churn out best performance of the team they are managing. Unfortunately, some works and other don't. To be more accurate, what does not increase...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Java platform: Invigorating robustness and simplicity (16 Feb 2015) Java platform architects reminisce about the design of Java and how the platform is being pushed...
- 5 ways to boost security and reduce mobile risks (09 Feb 2015) Mobile risks are a constant concern for businesses with employees who work on mobile devices. Here...
- Growing the demand for NoSQL technology, and non-relational solutions (30 Jan 2015) While relational databases have been the stalwart of enterprise computing, more and more...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...
- Google's Solve for X Program nears this year's final round (23 Jan 2015) Interested in solving the worlds greatest problems? Well, Google is, and if you want Google to give...