How to get a production ready Java application off the ground in the shortest time possible?
Alachisoft recently announced that NCache will now be licensed under the Apache 2.0 Open Source licence, bringing open source, distributed caching to the .NET community (and of course, to the Java community as well)
If we had to pick just one programming language that you should care about, it’d have to be dear old Java. In 2015, 20 years since its first release, we have multiple reasons as to why Java has managed to outperform many languages, on and off the JVM, and how it has become the most used cross-platform development tool, language and ecosystem. In this report, we take a look at the top 10...
Recently, we were invited to conduct a joint talk with a UX designer, Andrew from Viki on Improving communications between Design and Development for Singasug. The main focus of the talk was to introduce AngularJS and elaborate on how it help to improve collaboration between developers and designer from both sides of view. To illustrate the topic, we work together on revamping the Pet Clinic...
A decorator pattern, while being the best instrument to keep objects highly cohesive, solid, and loosely coupled, is unfortunately not very popular in traditional Java programming
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of enterprise Java development.
The art of software development is being radically transformed by the Agile Development methodology and the DevOps culture. This post will examine one particular challenge of this transformation: keeping QA and Operations in lockstep.
HTML5 local storage allows web applications to store values locally in the browser and can survive the browser session, just like cookies. Unlike cookies that need to be sent with every HTTP request, thereby affecting website performance, local storage data as information is never transferred to the server.
In this article, we talk about the importance of being able to monitor IoT devices in the field. When a large number of devices is being used, and when those devices generate lots of data, a cloud-based solution is preferred for collecting the data, especially if there are different groups of users with different sets of permissions. The Java EE 7 APIs allow you to develop a cloud-based...
Utility classes, even though they look like collections of functions, have nothing to do with functional programming, mostly because they are bags of procedures
This post explained how Codenvy and Tomitribe partnered to create a one-click TomEE environment, which can be accessed directly from the projects GitHub page.
Takipi analyzes code at the JVM level, and doesn’t rely on pulling log files. Start solving problems in production with minimal added CPU and IO overhead.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenStack develops its own static code analysis tool for Python (18 Jun 2015) For OpenStack, necessity proved to be the mother of invention, leading to development of a static...
- When loose coupling and SOA style software layering doesn't make sense (15 Jun 2015) Loose coupling and adding in SOA style layers don't make sense unless an application is going to be...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...