If you are preparing for peak load on your system you might be interested in this story from one of our eCommerce clients. Their site went down 7 times during last year's holiday season. They identified that the load balancer was configured incorrectly which resulted in a cascading effect on their application causing all app servers to crash. Recovery of the system was up to five hours each time...
SpringTrader, a Spring-based reference architecture, is now available on GitHub – a sneak preview was given several months ago and named NanoTrader. The SpringTrader application uses open source and standards in the browser, REST/JSON, Spring Security, Spring Data JPA, Spring Integration, scalable session management, elastic JVM memory, loosely coupled messaging based on RabbitMQ, and a...
A variety of mostly consumer-driven forces challenge enterprise IT and application development today. Cloud computing, Web information, mobile devices and social media innovations are converging to dramatically change modern organizations and their central IT shops. Industry analyst group Gartner Inc. describes these forces as forming a nexus, a connected group of phenomena, which is highly...
The platform is built on top of a scalable JPA implementation and comes with an Ingestion server, and an Analytics server. Also included is Hadoop integration as well as a R Integration.
Structural design patterns are design patterns that ease the design by identifying a simple way to realize relationships between entities. Let's discover some structural patterns used by JBoss.
One of the key problems with integration testing is figuring out what to do with your data. If you mock out your database, it's not exactly an integration test. But if you run multiple tests and your database gets out of sync somehow, tests can erroneously fail. In this article on LosTechies, Jimmy Bogard discusses the art of isolating the database while doing integration testing.
In looking at ways to improve the resilience of software based services engineers are now turning to monkeys and the chaos they introduce.
Some TheServerSide users are already aware of our new product, Batoo JPA - the new JPA implementation that runs over 15 times faster then the leading JPA provider, built with Performance on mind yet with the least possible diversion from the JPA specification itself. After its debut with the announcement made on TheServerSide, we have also published an article on HighScalability.com that...
Q+A with CloudBees leader and former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey shows his thoughts on Platform as a Service.
Oracle Releases ADF Mobile – Java and HTML5 Framework for cross device mobile application development
Oracle announced the availability of Oracle ADF Mobile – a framework the enables the development of hybrid applications for mobile devices. Oracle ADF Mobile uses Java and HTML5 and enables developers to develop a single application that installs and runs on both iOS and Android systems. Visual and declarative development in Oracle JDeveloper.
Classloaders are at the core of the Java language. Java EE containers, OSGi, various web frameworks and other tools use classloaders (aka class loaders) heavily. Yet, when something goes wrong with classloading, would you know how to solve it?
Creating one HTML5 based application to rule over all of the various mobile devices on the market is a compelling idea, but the reality is, many mobile development teams are looking beyond the enticement of developing mobile applications with HTML5 and choosing to go native, creating an independent, native, mobile application for each platform they want to target.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- JSR-286 development tutorial: Mastering request-response programming (17 May 2013) This portlet programming tutorial shows how the PortletRequest and Portlet Response are used when...
- Two most commonly misconfigured Tomcat performance settings (05 May 2013) Tomcat on the server is different from Tomcat on the desktop, but too many system admins fail to...
- Yale graph DB project uncovers hidden big data trends (05 May 2013) Graphic analysis of big data problems can often uncover hidden trends that might otherwise be...
- Expert insight into building distributed, service oriented systems (03 May 2013) Developing complex service oriented systems is a challenge, but with insight from the author of the...
- Dell Boomi and other integration providers jump on API management (10 May 2013) After several API management firms were acquired elsewhere, Dell Boomi announces their own API...
- Software developers demanding resource based, RESTful APIs (03 May 2013) Software developers are demanding APIs that are delivered in a RESTful, resource based way, and one...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.