Utility classes, even though they look like collections of functions, have nothing to do with functional programming, mostly because they are bags of procedures
This post explained how Codenvy and Tomitribe partnered to create a one-click TomEE environment, which can be accessed directly from the projects GitHub page.
Takipi analyzes code at the JVM level, and doesn’t rely on pulling log files. Start solving problems in production with minimal added CPU and IO overhead.
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
In this article we take a look at Java 8 and explain Method References in 5 minutes
Modularity is not a new concept; it has been around for a long time. The term modularity was first coined in the late 1960s by Professor Edsger W. Dijkstra in one of his manuscripts. Unfortunately, the Java platform itself does not have a module system available out of the box. Project Jigsaw is in the works, but it isn’t available for production usage yet. Because we needed a modularity solution...
Wix engineering blog has a great post about how using TDD helps migrating an internal project to be Open Source. "We planned to open source PETRI from day one, but in the interest of development velocity, we developed it as an internal project with our own internal dependencies. Yet we knew that in order to finally break away from those internal dependencies we would need a development...
This post is a quick tutorial to show you just how quickly you can build a Java web app with a complete set authentication and user management features and user interfaces.
Tony Hoare, inventor of the null reference, apologetically called it “the billion dollar mistake”. The problem with null is not that it was invented back in 1965, but that we are still struggling with it 50 years later. I recently came across this article on Voxxed: Embracing the Void: 6 Refined Tricks for Dealing with Nulls in Java. It gives a nice rundown of strategies around the null...
How can you to take a pragmatic approach to Docker and look beyond the hype?
Opening up the reason why certain tooling such as jconsole using Runtime.getRuntime().maxMemory() are displaying different total heap size than in the configuration specified via Xmx.
Microservices are a hot topic of discussion in architecture circles, because of the way they are transforming the software development industry.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Boost runtime performance with NoSQL (23 Jul 2015) IT pros are turning to NoSQL to enhance runtime performance and fulfill non-functional requirements.
- IoT device startup creates customizable sensors (20 Jul 2015) Learn how Notion, an Internet of Things startup, built a sophisticated tier of server applications...
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...