Typesafe Deputy CTO Viktor Klang goes into the world of microservices to see how these new system architectures emerge from the constraints of reality, and what we can do about it...
A Sneak Peek at Java 9 “Sleeper Feature” REPL and JShell
A tutorial showing you how to perform automated static analysis test using Jenkins and PMD
Codenvy certified On-Prem installs are now available on Microsoft Azure.
Back in March 2015, we created a survey about Java performance testing that would give us insights into how teams and organizations go about performance testing their applications. Now we analyze the data to find answers to the questions like: How do teams do their performance analysis and testing? How long does it take to verify that there are no performance regressions? Who monitors and...
Dean Wampler from Typesafe and Tathagata Das from Databricks present the data streaming landscape and Spark Streaming points in this 60-min webinar, complete with video and slides
While most programmers think checked exceptions in Java are a mistake, I'm of the opposite opinion — unchecked ones are a mistake
The pressure is on! But you can’t complete of the tests you’d normally execute with the limited amount of time you have. So where do you focus? This is a classic question for performance engineers, so we thought we’d help with some key strategies you can use when you are under short time constraints.
Results from the Java Deathmatch – A puzzle minigame for developers
Java 8 came with a major addition to the JDK collection framework, namely the stream API. But the most important question for anyone using Java streams is: are they really faster?
Introducing "Reactive Revealed" - A Technical Webinar Series on Going Reactive for Architects and Developers
From Jonas Bonér, Viktor Klang and Konrad Malawski, co-authors of the Reactive Manifesto and contributors to the Reactive Streams initiative, Typesafe has set out to produce a three-part “Reactive Revealed” series to give an interactive opportunity for enterprise architects and software developers (we even have some goodness for Operations and Executives too) to get started with understanding...
Breakdown tutorial of setting up continuous testing using Jenkins
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.