Looks at what it means to provide a "lifelike" near real-time simulation of an application runtime that is performance monitored.
All New ZK Studio 2.0 Released! With content assistance for MVC & MVVM and improved solidity & performance!
This release brings major new features along with increased reliabilitiy and scalability
GlassFish 4 is under development now and will be released along with Java EE 7 in a few months. We need your help in testing the nightly and promoted builds of GlassFish.
How experiential learning and 5 important reflective questions help us better manage complex software systems.
In general the widely used libraries are well designed and implemented, and it’s very interesting to learn from them some coding best practices. Let’s take a look inside the hibernate core library and discover some of its design keys.
When we set up our application performance monitoring tool to correctly notify us about unexpected performance degradation, we often know about problems before our users start making calls to support. But what happens when we actually learn about a major performance outage?
OpenXava is a framework for Rapid Java Web Development, well-suited for business and database oriented applications. OpenXava allows you to develop applications just by writing simple domain classes with Java or Groovy. The user interface is generated automatically in runtime, without code generation.
Upload on S3 with the jclouds library - the 4 generic Blob APIs.
A new version of the Open Source integration testing tool is available. Citrus 1.3 introduces a set of new features for automated integration tests on message based enterprise applications.
It is not easy to find a common language between business and IT as their goals are typically not aligned. We looked at a big eCommerce store to see how they bridge the gap between business goals such as "Drive more Visits with Marketing Campaigns" and IT Goals such as "optimal usage of IT Resources and site availability" Learn from them how to answer questions like: How successful are my...
The problem with mapping that we encountered in our project turned out to be a very interesting issue to deal with. The complexity of mappings made first XSLT, then Drools not a perfect solution. In the article I am presenting a Java application that compiles at runtime Groovy scripts that are supposed to be written by a BA with a simple and comprehensive DSL.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Goodbye, sysadmins; hello, software developers (02 Dec 2013) As organizations are moving towards cloud computing, sysadmins are losing their relevance in...
- The challenge of balancing BYOD privacy and security (25 Nov 2013) Learn about how vendors are trying to help balance BYOD privacy and security.
- Cloud adopters seek help for their DevOps, app monitoring and cost control problems (18 Nov 2013) As more companies move to the cloud, more and more companies are realizing that expert help,...
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Solving performance issues with self-adaptive software (24 Oct 2013) In this discussion, Cameron McKenzie and JInspired CTO William Louth talk about the concepts behind...
- Overprovisioning in AWS? Cost-control tools and strategies can help (22 Nov 2013) For organizations that have moved to the cloud, old habits may be costing them dearly as they...
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013: How to get kids involved in coding (23 Sep 2013) Saskia Vermeer-Ooms and Regina ten Bruggencate offer advice on how to get kids interested in...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
- Chip Childers - VP of Product Strategy
- Citrix Ready and CumuLogic
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.