Heliosearch is a new open source project designed to take Solr to the next level. The first pre-release includes off-heap data structures to reduce Java GC issues.
Giles Alexander never actually said he wished he had an extra hand, but he did say "I don’t ever want to touch Scala again." And he's not shy about listing a litany of reasons why. TheServerSide is going to be talking with Giles in the near future. If you've got an issue or two you would like us to take him to task on in terms of his assessment of Scala, I want to hear about it.
Every once in a while we run into someone that has a Hotspot JVM that is running back to back garbage collections and yet the heap is still almost full after each attempt! When they discover that their problem is related to the JVM not having enough memory they often ask the question, "Why didn’t the JVM throw an OutOfMemoryError (OOME)?" After all my application is not making any forward...
This blog post tells you about an interesting and free conference in 2014 in Turkey on Android and Mobile developments
Let's go inside the Cassandra nodetool utility and discover how we can extend it.
Recently, there has been much discussion about the need to server gems in a private network. This need arose not only from the security problems experienced by RubyGems.org but also due to the fact that some gems aren’t hosted on RubyGems.org such as Vagrant, which no longer supports RubyGems or gems that are not open source or not public and that may nevertheless be shared as gems rather than...
With 2013 done and dusted, one clear winner for the biggest mover out of all the programming languages on the TIOBE index has emerged.
We recently ran into a memory leak caused by the Oracle JDBC Driver Implementation. Oracle fixed the issue based on our input data. In case you are experiencing memory problems leading to crashes have a look at this blog. In case you see similar symptoms its better to install the latest patches instead of adding more memory to avoid Out of Memory crashes.
Enforcing data integrity ensures the quality of the data in the system, and contributes to have bug free applications. Two important steps in checking the data integrity are to identify valid values for a type and to decide how to enforce its data integrity.
In this article we take a look at How improve testing by looking at how to use Jemmy with JUnit in NetBeans
Have you ever wondered how big is the overhead posed by ArrayList, HashMap or any other java.util.Collections API used within your application? We have now finalized a thorough research in the field and can publish conclusions based on more than 500 different applications.
A question that many developers often ask is, “Can I make it run faster?” But what are you looking at to make it faster? The code? The network? Alan explores what you need to tune answer the question: what is Hadoop's Network Performance?
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Visualization techniques revolutionize modern business intelligence gathering (06 Jul 2014) With so much data to be analyzed, organizations want a new way to be able to conceptualize the...
- The challenge of tagging for analytics in a world of unstructured text (06 Jul 2014) Many organizations are managing massive amounts of information in their big data systems, but...
- From cloud computing to mobile development: Emerging fields for continuous integration (06 Jul 2014) One of the fastest growing fields in enterprise development is continuous integration. Couple that...
- Freezer: Putting object relational mapping (ORM) tools to the test (03 Jul 2014) Freezer is a code generator that constructs the persistence layer of a Java application: DAOs,...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
- Why All Enterprise DataIntegration Products Are Not Equal (Talend)
- Presentation Transcript: Time is Money: Dramatically Reducing Performance Inefficiencies for Competitive Advantage (Dell Software)
- Medical Supply Company Improves Opportunity to Cash Processes with Application Integration (Apps Associates LLC)
- Neo Technology
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.