The best ideas are often found while on the border of several disciplines at once. We looked at the intersection of software product development and playing chess. These lessons is what we found in common between these two.
There is a lot more to testing than just finding bugs. Today’s testers are part detective, part forensic analyst, and part social scientist. When building a testing strategy you need to examine a pile of data, develop an understanding of how real users behave, and use that information to create test scenarios that push those limits. This is especially important when creating a strategy to test...
In this article we take a look at improving your Java Code and focuses on the 9 tools that can help with Java Performance Tuning.
Java 8 ready, JDO/JPA persistence to the widest range of datastores of any provider
Now, the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2014 isn’t usually something we’d touch on here at JAXenter, what with its focus on iOS flavoured-topics and all. But CEO Tim Cook’s surprise reveal of Apple’s new Swift language, to a rapturous reception, had our JVM senses a-tingling. Why? Well, for a start, there are some aspects of this new programming tool that those on the J-side may...
So you are new to the mobile performance testing world. Maybe this is your first job as a tester and you have been tasked with the project of setting up the test framework for a mobile application. Read on to learn the basics of mobile performance testing: http://www.neotys.com/blog/beginners-guide-to-mobile-performance-testing/
OpenXava is an Java Framework for Rapid Development of Enterprise Web Applications. In OpenXava you only have to write the domain classes in plain Java to get a web application ready for production. This 5.0 release has a new look & feel, includes module navigation, user login/logout (so you do not need Liferay anymore), inline editable collections (just like a spreadsheet), a new editor to...
We have now seen thousands of leaks and possibly tens of thousands of OutOfMemoryErrors over the years. For greater good, we have categorized all of them, equipped the materials with thorough explanation about the situation you face with particular error, given examples and guidelines about the possible fixes.
From the makers of JProfiler, perfino is a new APM tool for monitoring JVM with cross-over functionality for profiling.
ZeroTurnaround has a peculiar love affair with Java surveys. I have a feeling that a little ringtone goes off on every ZeroTurnaround employee’s phone each time a survey is submitted, producing a euphoric serotonin rush akin to what a teenage girl experiences every time her iPhone vibrates. But they also tend to get some neat results, one of which that I found particularly interesting was the...
Remember when people just started getting on board with REST? For years it's arguably been the standard way to go, yet these days more developers are talking about use HATEOAS (Hypermedia as the Engine of Application State) concepts as the way to make delivering proper REST APIs easier...
An overview of the newest most innovative tools around for Java developers
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Java platform: Invigorating robustness and simplicity (16 Feb 2015) Java platform architects reminisce about the design of Java and how the platform is being pushed...
- 5 ways to boost security and reduce mobile risks (09 Feb 2015) Mobile risks are a constant concern for businesses with employees who work on mobile devices. Here...
- Growing the demand for NoSQL technology, and non-relational solutions (30 Jan 2015) While relational databases have been the stalwart of enterprise computing, more and more...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...
- Google's Solve for X Program nears this year's final round (23 Jan 2015) Interested in solving the worlds greatest problems? Well, Google is, and if you want Google to give...