The most common Jackson exceptions - the cause of the problem and the solution for each one.
Docker was voted one of the most popular open source projects in a survey conducted by The New Stack and The Linux Foundation during July 2014. This ever growing popularity of Docker’s container technology has brought over 14,000 different images to be offered on Docker Hub in September 2014. As a commercial feature, Docker private registries can provide enterprises with access control to their...
Takes is a pure object-oriented and immutable Java web framework that turns the design and development of web applications into a pleasant and fun process
Authentication is the basic requirement for most of websites. However, there are many mechanisms to implement authentication and they are not very interchangeable. Depend on business requirement, developers need to choose the most appropriate method of authentication for their application. It may not be an easy task unless one understand the differences among mechanisms well. In this short...
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
HTML5 has introduced a lot of changes welcomed by developers, including adding additional types of form input elements that helps in form processing activities like validation. Validating web forms has always been a painful task for many developers. Performing client side validation in a user-friendly as well as developer-friendly way is really hard. Furthermore informing users about the...
An interview with Dave Pollak - creator of the Lift Framework, and arguably, the first significant Scala forker - on why this hugely versatile language never gained the traction of Java.
What are some of the most interesting tools to help you go Reactive?
This week, we'll briefly cover a few benefits of load testing in the cloud, but also want to unearth what you should consider doing (or not doing) in your future cloud testing projects.
The hightlights of this release are: Many improvements to the command-line tool, solidDB support, improved JavaBean-style configuration
How to map and handle static resources with Spring MVC - use the simple configuration, then the 3.1 more flexible one and finally the new 4.1 resource
Codenvy uses Docker to create any build environments with any language.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Boost runtime performance with NoSQL (23 Jul 2015) IT pros are turning to NoSQL to enhance runtime performance and fulfill non-functional requirements.
- IoT device startup creates customizable sensors (20 Jul 2015) Learn how Notion, an Internet of Things startup, built a sophisticated tier of server applications...
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...