Hadoop Eclipse plug-in (installed in Eclipse IDE or Spring Tool Suite) eases the experience of Map/Reduce on Hadoop. Hadoop distribution does not include Hadoop Eclipse plug-in jar, but includes source code of that plug-in. In this post, we'll see all the steps to build Hadoop eclipse plug-in from source code and install that plug-in in Eclipse / Spring Tool Suite to access Hadoop Environment...
NetBeans IDE 7.4 lets you work with JDK 8 previews, integrate HTML5 into Java EE applications, develop mobile applications with Apache Cordova, and deploy to mobile devices!
80% of the problems that result in a war room are caused by about 20% of problem patterns - most of them related with performance or architectural issues of the application, deployment or infrastructure. In this blog we discuss the best practices from companies that changed their culture by adopting continuous delivery and DevOps ideas with a special focus on performance. Connecting the Teams,...
Is your Java Virtual Machine running un-monitored? If so, how do you find out if it's gone down? From the helpdesk perhaps? That's certainly no way to administer a server.
X-Trace is a diagnostic tool designed to provide app and network operators with better visibility. Learn how it works and about some existing implementations.
I'm pleased to announce a new podcast on JSFCentral.com. In this interview, I talk with JSF Spec Lead Ed Burns about JSF 2.2 and Java EE 7.
The ABOUT tool and ABOUT files provide a simple way to document the provenance (origin and license) and other important or interesting information about third-party software components that you use in your project.
To runs a system that turns people's homes and apartments into hotel rooms, Onefinestay CTO Jackson Hull and team went with a graph database called Neo4J to better map its inventory for guests. "J" stands for Java, but the team relied largely on Python.
People love Eclipse, or love to hate it, or, as non-geek coders, feel more or less indifferent about their IDE. However one thing is true--the majority of Java and Java EE developers use Eclipse. This RebelLabs report starts shallow and goes deep into orbit around the ecosystem of Eclipse, showing you the best things that Eclipse has to offer, and letting you know how to turn off some of those...
An article that draws parallels between the Theory of Mind (ToM) and Software Execution Simulation and Signaling.
Organizations don’t like to leave their legacy system easily as there are several concerns for moving into a new platform. Latest technologies may have the features to improve their operational efficiency, but moving from one platform to another is not as simple as it seems from the top.
Most Java developers already have the skills needed to get into building machine-to-machine(M2M)applications and take advantage of career opportunities in the Internet of Things.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- The Scala debate demystified: Balancing the rants with the raves (01 Mar 2014) It's been over ten years since Scala appeared on the enterprise computing landscape. Some...
- NoSpinningDiscs: Why your NoSQL solution thirsts for SSDs (02 Mar 2014) Organizations are always looking for opportunities to tune their architecture. To achieve massive...
- Top four reasons why you should use Scala on your next project (01 Mar 2014) Is it time for your organizations to unshackle itself from its legacy of Java development, and...
- Continuous Development: The glue holding DevOps, TDD and Agile methods together (05 Feb 2014) Continuous integration(CI) and continuous development (CD) have become central components in the...
- The three most common NoSQL mistakes you don't want to be making (02 Mar 2014) More and more organizations are using NoSQL to solve various data persistence problems. But...
- Better software testing and improved quality starts with the culture (03 Jan 2014) Software testing is more than just a stage in the development process. Testing is a philosophy that...
- Can Java and JSF on the server-side make mobile on the front end easier? (05 Jan 2014) While many software developers are learning new programming languages to deliver native mobile...
- Scala? Groovy? Why Java is the right programming language for 2014 and beyond (01 Jan 2014) New programming languages offer a variety of benefits, from the way they handle big data, to the...
- YARN and MapReduce 2.0 elevates big data Hadoop and scheduled processing (03 Jan 2014) YARN represents the biggest architectural change in Hadoop since it's inception over seven years...
- Neo Technology
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.