Out of the box code analyzers and editors for new Java 8 technologies, Maven, Java EE (especially PrimeFaces), HTML5 (especially AngularJS), and much more.
If you're still using Java Sever Pages, maybe it's time to switch to a templating engine. Here are several reasons to use FreeMarker on your next project.
If you have a large number of servers you may have a requirement to configure proxy servers in various parts of your network to accept messages and then forward them to a centralized logging solution or service. We regularly see this with larger customers where it makes sense to collect logs centrally before sending them on to Logentries for analysis. In some cases this can be a more stringent...
This version brings volunteer computing, dynamic scripting, easier configuration management, awesome new demos, and a lot more.
Did you know that Java provides different options to get insight into the JVMs runtime state? You can either use a native agent that connects to the tooling interface (JVMTI) or a java agent that gets loaded into the JVM. Both provide deep insight into the JVM while it executes your applications. But - what is the best approach/interface to use? Our engineering team has been using these...
Gonna make some mad cheddar, yo
Version 0.8.7 of restSQL, an open-source persistence framework, was released on January 12, 2014. The release adds auto-increment/sequence-based column support and extends function-based column support to PostgreSQL.
Heliosearch is a new open source project designed to take Solr to the next level. The first pre-release includes off-heap data structures to reduce Java GC issues.
Giles Alexander never actually said he wished he had an extra hand, but he did say "I don’t ever want to touch Scala again." And he's not shy about listing a litany of reasons why. TheServerSide is going to be talking with Giles in the near future. If you've got an issue or two you would like us to take him to task on in terms of his assessment of Scala, I want to hear about it.
Every once in a while we run into someone that has a Hotspot JVM that is running back to back garbage collections and yet the heap is still almost full after each attempt! When they discover that their problem is related to the JVM not having enough memory they often ask the question, "Why didn’t the JVM throw an OutOfMemoryError (OOME)?" After all my application is not making any forward...
This blog post tells you about an interesting and free conference in 2014 in Turkey on Android and Mobile developments
Let's go inside the Cassandra nodetool utility and discover how we can extend it.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- Template based web design with JSF Facelets: ui:insert versus ui:include (20 Jul 2014) When creating a web page template with JSF, a developer needs to know the difference between...
- Turning a web page into a JSF 2.0 template with Facelets (19 Jul 2014) How do you take a web page and turn it into a template using Facelets as the template engine? It...
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Visualization techniques revolutionize modern business intelligence gathering (06 Jul 2014) With so much data to be analyzed, organizations want a new way to be able to conceptualize the...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.