The ZK team is proud to announce the release of ZK 8! ZK 8 is created to present developers with even more powerful tools, allowing faster and more accurate development of Java Web Applications. It aims to leverage the advancing client-side power with client-side command binding and template injection, while still allowing you to enjoy the equally important server-side integration and security.
We’ve written previously how performance often still remains an afterthought in the test process – even at agile shops. But if performance is not the job of one lone performance engineer or an isolated team, can it be part of everyone’s job?Can the performance testing function become a keeper of a process, as has happened with functional QA? Of course! Here’s how to make that happen.
This week has seen the programming world gorging itself on yet another piping hot pan of FUD fudge, thanks to a recent missive to InfoWorld by “a former high-ranking Java official.” In an article titled, “Insider: Oracle has lost interest in Java,” Paul Krill laid out the main thrust of the email, which apparently carried the header “Java — planned obsolescence.” In an article titled, “Insider:...
While originally conceived primarily as a Java IDE, with NetBeans 8.1, Oracle proves that their open source development tool can provide top tier Node.js IDE support as well.
Part III in a series reviewing Big Data and the various solutions that have been built to capture, manage, and analyze it. This article dives deeper into data analysis using Hadoop and MapReduce.
TheServerSide considers itself pretty lucky to have Barry Burd, the best-selling author of Beginning Programming with Java For Dummies and Android Application Development All-in-One For Dummies regularly contributing articles and tutorials about the various things going on in the IT world that he finds interesting and compelling. Here’s a look at some of the things that have caught his attention...
ZK 8 has both memory and response improvements; it is faster and lighter than ZK 7. If using ZK 8's new feature - Shadow Elements- the memory consumption is approximately one-third lighter than ZK 7 for 100 to 1500 concurrent users. In regard to the response time, ZK 8 is approximately 6 to 12 times faster than the previous version. We hope you will like the speed enhancement of ZK 8!
Spring Integration is an open source framework for enterprise application integration. In this course, you are introduced to Enterprise Application Integration patterns and how Spring Integration addresses them.
Some of the weirdest Java puzzlers that we had a chance to get our hands on
Test-Driven Development is a great tool for functional testing, but can you apply the same technique to performance testing? Why not? The purpose of TDD is to build out small unit tests, or scenarios, under which you control your initial coding. Your tests will fail the first time you run them because you haven’t actually developed any code. But once you do start coding, you’ll end up with just...
Apache TomEE makes Java EE fast and lightweight. We take this to the next level by using Boxfuse to deploy a Java EE application to AWS using a single command.
When I read Angelika Langer’s Java performance tutorial – How fast are the Java 8 streams? I couldn’t believe that for a specific operation they took about 15 times longer than for loops. Could stream performance really be that bad? I had to find out! Coincidently, I recently watched a cool talk about microbenchmarking Java code and I decided to put to work what I learned there. So lets see...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...