One of the basic needs in fluent interface is connecting to user types. What field, method or operation does this fluent interface try to refer? JaQue project provides an elegant solution.
The genesis of this series is the identification of a gap between how development and how operations view technology and measure their success – realizing it is wholly possible for development and operations to be individually successful, but for the organization to fail. This article starts a two-part installment that reviews the operational impact of specific decisions made when building a...
Lambda expressions pose a slightly different challenge when unit testing code. Because they don’t have a name, it’s impossible to directly call them in your test code. This article covers a couple of testing strategies for when you want to use lambda expressions and the streams API.
Inspired from a heated discussion at one of our clients and somewhat related to our last post about test transactionality is the consideration about whether one can and should test the basic object relational mapping at all.
Know MongoDB and Java EE, but you don't know exactly how to integrate both of them? Do you read a lot about the topic but you have not found a solution which fits this purpose? This starter project is for you
If a non-developer asked you, “What is Java?”, how would you respond? The Java ecosystem is vast and comprehensive, from multiple JVM implementations to numerous standards and community efforts to educate and build the most stable and performant programming language platform there is. So if anyone ever asks, this report gives an overview of who’s leading the effort, how can you help and what...
A practical advice on how to handle different personalities on the software development team that grow the legacy code if left without attention.
AngularJS is pretty cool. But if you're an enterprise software developer, you know it's not as cool as JavaServer Faces (JSF). But could we combine the benefits of JSF with Angular JSF and come up with a hideous progeny?
Have you ever found yourself in a testing time-crunch? You know the situation... the development team was late delivering code, but your CEO adamantly opposes any change in the release date. All you’re told is: whatever it takes, get that application tested as quickly as possible. So what are the best practices when it comes to load testing in a hurry? What should you focus on in a time...
A year ago I started to receive a lot links about blogposts, tweets, information about Spring Boot. Spring Boot makes it easy to create stand-alone, production-grade Spring based Applications that can you can "just run". And it seems that this thing has just revolutionized the Java world. But I wonder to myself if it is possible to use the same approach in JavaEE world and with the same low-level...
An overview of the modern error tracking tools for Java developers
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- How elegant code can hurt HTML5 performance (29 Apr 2015) Elegant code can lead to cleaner, precise steps. But it can also lead to application performance...
- Open source initiatives saving grace for many companies (21 May 2015) Companies are realizing that IT can't write all the code needed. They are learning to write less...
- DevOps software development promise aided by OpenStack (20 May 2015) The promise of DevOps software development is being helped along by OpenStack, which is creating...
- Guiding design tenets behind OpenStack software (20 May 2015) The importance of OpenStack design tenets is not lost on developers. Following these tenets drives...
- New to OpenStack: Learn these 5 cloud computing terms (20 May 2015) Newcomers to OpenStack and the OpenStack conference will fit right in if they become familiar with...