A guide to adding Google and GitHub OAuth sign-in to your Java application
Discussions with users about the benefits and challenges of new development styles, application architectures, and runtime platforms.
In this post we’ll look at two approaches to obtaining the bytecode of classes loaded into the JVM and learn a thing or two about javaagents and the HotSpot Debugger.
Seems like every 5 to 10 years our industry, especially in the enterprise integration, or enterprise application space, we’re introduced to some new methodology or architectural style. We’re told that it’s the-best-thing-since-toaster-strudel and will make you 10 times more productive and make your enterprise more agile, flexible, able to respond to change, and whatever else that CIOs are willing...
Cloud IDEs are the future of development. In many cases, today, they are superior to their desktop counterparts. And in the areas where they are not superior, they eventually will be. This is because the same limitation concerns faced by developers using distributed-based IDEs, will be the technologies that give them huge advantages over their desktop cousins.
A software architect is responsible for the technical success of a software project and must accurately report to the project manager.
Overall, more and more users are heading straight to their phones when they want to buy something, access quick information, or learn more about products and services. It’s happening on busy streets, in malls, at work, and on couches. Put simply: if you have a website, you’ve got mobile users.
This article follows my introduction to Continuous Integration, looking at the functionality provided by a Continuous Integration server, what the CI process flow looks like and the business value that CI provides.
We all know things can get crazy in the board room. With all the moving parts in a tech-heavy company, test results can take a back-seat to other metrics. In order to help your manager and high-level staff understand how performance testing directly impacts the bottom line, you’ll want to look at things from their perspective: profitability, revenue, and customer retention. That’s why, in this...
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
It is a bad idea to put executing statements into class constructors because that leads to side effects and uncontrollable behavior
Representing chain computations in Java that may either result in an exception, or return a successfully computed value.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Limited bandwidth may stifle IoT development (10 Sep 2015) When it comes to IoT development, limited network bandwidth could be the weak link in the chain as...
- Examine modular code development with Java's Project Jigsaw (22 Sep 2015) Project Jigsaw is the new standard for modular code development in Java. Expert Barry Burd takes an...
- Novel P2P server infrastructure may be game changer (11 Sep 2015) A new approach to a P2P server infrastructure for Web applications is gaining recognition. Expert...
- What makes good software development tools great? (09 Sep 2015) Find out what separates the good software development tools from the great.
- Network capacity management still a challenge for apps (17 Sep 2015) Network capacity management challenges are increasing at a faster rate than ever with the...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- Improving developer productivity with ZeroTurnaround (09 Sep 2015) In this podcast, Anton Arhipov and Geert Bevin talk about ZeroTurnaround's legacy of delivering...
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.