While any load testing solution will enable you to do some sort of load testing in your Agile environment, comparatively few enable you to follow recommended best practices and overcome the challenges many teams face with load and performance testing on an Agile project. When considering an Agile load testing solution, you first want to ask a number of key questions about the tool's...
Mobile adoption for UI based tasks has been on the increase since smart phones first emerged and, according to Morgan Stanley Research, it is believed that there will be a tipping point this year where users use their mobile devices for web based activity as much as their desktops. With this in mind there are a couple of vital factors to think about when looking at how your front end / user...
You may not have noticed, but history has unfolded before our very eyes in the past few months, with mobile device sales expected to outpace those of the traditional laptops for the first time. What is somewhat surprising, however, is how immature mobile app monitoring tools are. For anyone trying to gain a better understanding of their mobile apps in the wild (read as developers, product...
We have analyzed the performance of super bowl ad landing pages. There were 3 things that came to our attention: GoDaddy used smaller and optimized landing pages during the game to keep performance goals. Soda Stream was offline for a while due to misconfigured DNS TTL and Kia had availabilty issues because of TCP Socket Timeouts. Read this blog to learn how to avoid these problems on your web...
JINSPIRED has made freely available a new product, Sentris, offering the first Quality of Service (QoS) for Applications.
In this blog we look behind the statistical approaches performance analysis tools take to deal with lots of data. Many tools use statistical sampling approaches by filtering out data that is not relevant. Question though is: How to decide what is relevant? Does it really make sense to just focus on slow performing code and improve that for a small number of users? Or would it be better to focus...
Are you an Eclipse user that has ever wondered why IntelliJ IDEA users are so outspoken about their IDE? Is it possible that some awesome, secret features exist in IntelliJ that Eclipse users aren't aware of?
I have been training my team at the methodology of DevOps and changing the company’s culture. Last week I was trying to explain to some colleagues how we work at Wix and about our dev culture. While doing it I realized that we are doing much more than just DevOps. What we actually do is much more than DevOps, our culture is actually “developer centric culture” or in short “Dev Centric” culture.
At this year’s JAX Mainz, not only will you see the regular deepdive sessions, workshops and keynotes on the Java ecosystem and the rich mix of related open technologies that it entails - you’ll also get the chance to honour your peers and give them the recognition they deserve.
Trimou is an open source Mustache templates implementation written in Java. It's focused on extensibility and configurability. Try it out!
When founders all have background from software development, some weird things are bound to happen. Especially when those founders are creating performance optimization software to be used by operations.
We use an array of tools for managing, maintaining and monitoring our servers. Using current popular parlance, these could often be referred to as DevOps tools, or tools with DevOps use-cases. We’re going to have a quick look at the automation side of things, more specifically, how we spin up VMs in both development and production using Chef allowing us to have consistent software version,...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Node.js. gives new Jelastic 2.4 more deployment options (24 Oct 2014) Jelastic's CTO discusses how its latest release includes Node.js and is set to help developers make...
- From ElasticSearch to Splunk: Understanding your log aggregation options (20 Oct 2014) The key to successfully being able to anticipate and diagnose software problems is being able to...
- Choosing the right log aggreatator to mine your performance data (15 Oct 2014) To maintain and improve an existing system, being able to read and understand log files is an...
- Transitioning to Java 8 (03 Oct 2014) At JavaOne, the vice president of Java development at Oracle opened up about Java 8 trends and...
- Overcoming barriers to Java application performance (02 Oct 2014) Developers and architects at JavaOne 2014 discussed how to improve Java application performance.
- Glassfish community thrives; innovations update (27 Oct 2014) Expert Steve Millidge discusses how Oracle no longer supports Glassfish app server and looks at...
- Java pro digs into trends in IoT, mobile, Java 9 (24 Oct 2014) Java expert Barry Burd discusses trends in Java 9, mobile development and IoT at JavaOne 2014.
- What matters most in micro-services, REST and NoSQL? (23 Oct 2014) Jeff Genender discusses REST, NoSQL and how micro-services are changing how people are doing...
- Can Microsoft Azure and push notifcations raise Minecraft to new heights? (20 Oct 2014) Many are worried about Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft, but with their Azure cloud and...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.