What better way to drum up enthusiasm before JavaOne than by handing out pink slips to popular members of the Java evangelism team?
To be honest, I could care less about Redis Labs' Series B funding, but it gave me a good chance to talk with 'someone in the know' about what's new in the world of NoSQL, and to hear about the reaction to the Redis founder signing on with a commercial vendor.
Tim Hall, Hortonworks' vice president of product management, gave us the goods on some of the things Hadoop is doing to make tuning Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) a simpler, more automatic process. Simple things like simply aggregating the Brobdingnagian number of different Hadoop related parameters into a single place is a simple but useful step forward, while providing SmartSense and...
HTML5 is one of the most popular language amongst developers and designers as it provides number of functionality and assists developers to easily design web applications. Below we’ve listed some useful HTML5 code generators, frameworks and editors that worth your attention. We hope these online tools will help your web design jobs easier.
Let’s picture the following scenario: You are writing a user management system. Users can register. On the technical side this means you have to insert a user record (name, password etc.) into a users database table. You also want to send the user a welcome email, after he has successfully registered, which means after the transaction has committed! This is what Spring provides...
This article is part II in a Big Data series and investigates various Big Data solutions that approach the problem of capturing, querying, and analyzing huge amounts of data differently.
Looking for the panacea for your reporting? Meet YARG (Yet Another Report Generator).
Review: Alerting, Log Management, Visualization, APM, and Deployment Management Tools
In this post I want to share with you four-five lesser-known yet pretty awesome command line gems. As an added bonus I will also advise the proper way to use shell under Windows, which is pretty valuable bit of knowledge in itself.
HTML5 is the newest version of the HyperText Markup Language that was developed in the late 80’s in order to describe documents that linked to each other. In it’s early days, HTML’s role was simple, to help describe a document’s structure and to allow cross-linking of documents. We discuss its top 10 advantages!
I'm putting together my 2016 list of conferences I'm planning to attend, and I was wondering if there was one or two that the readership might suggest adding to the todo list.
Microservice architecture is fast becoming a go-to solution for enterprise applications, but it’s not always easy to make the transition from an established, monolithic infrastructure.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...