In this aticle we take you through Java testing using FindBugs and PMD in NetBeans.
Not only will the Patriots take on the Seattle Seahawks in the big game, but many web based companies will be taking on large-scale traffic challenges after airing their prime time commercials that day. After hearing this, you should ignore the pregame hype, put down the nachos and get your servers ready for maxxed out user load.
OpenXava allows Rapid Development of Business Web Applications. In OpenXava you only have to write the domain classes in plain Java to get a web application ready for production.
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
It is very important to understand who you work for, the boss/customer who pays you or the project, and the difference between them
This article explores how to create a JSF login backed by the standards-compliant CDI framework (that is included with Java EE), and the PicketLink security framework (an open-source project from JBoss).
What can we do to better align Ops and Dev so that they can speak the same language and work towards a more common goal? This article series attempts to address a portion of this problem by presenting development teams insight into how specific decisions impact the day-to-day operational requirements of an application. In this case, let’s look at the Ready Queue.
This article discusses an simple yet flexible solution to configuration that is specific to the environment with Spring.
TiP is not something to be afraid of. The more you understand what may go wrong and how to take the proper precautions to prevent that, the more successful and efficient your overall app development process will be.Today’s post is about the major risks of Testing in Production, how to mitigate them and ensure you’re getting your best end-product to users.
The real value of Groovy and Grails. They are technologies that empower developers in a smooth way.
In this post we are going to see how to create and enable SSL in Apache TomEE (and Tomcat) with a self-signed certificate.
In this post we are going to see how to create and enable SSL in Apache TomEE (and Tomcat) with a self-signed certificate
Last week, the chatter around 11 year old open-source JVM language Groovy centred on new Android functionalities in the upcoming 2.4 release. For the near future though, there’s a far more pressing issue, with Pivotal’s announcement that it would be withdrawing support for the language and accompanying Grails framework once the projected Grails 3.0 drop is achieved. The final severance will take...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Boost runtime performance with NoSQL (23 Jul 2015) IT pros are turning to NoSQL to enhance runtime performance and fulfill non-functional requirements.
- IoT device startup creates customizable sensors (20 Jul 2015) Learn how Notion, an Internet of Things startup, built a sophisticated tier of server applications...
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...