Kairi Kangro has written "On Java Collection Waste," an article in which he examines the wasted heap associated with the standard Java collections library. Short form: they work pretty well.
Spring Mobile Hello World Example that includes DeviceResolver, SitePreference, urlPath SiteSwitcher and LiteDeviceDelegatingViewResolver
Spring Mobile is an extension to Spring MVC for development of mobile web applications. The Spring Mobile Device module provides a feature (DeviceResolver / LiteDeviceResolver) to detect devices like mobile and tablet in the server side. Device aware view management is very useful specially when it is required to serve different optimized versions of same website based on request generating...
JINSPIRED has released a new free Java application performance monitoring solution, Satoris, based on it's adaptive intelligent technology along with the open sourcing of a Probes Open API.
Have you ever thought about seeing how well you’d do as an independent contractor in the coding game? What challenges you’d face, how your routine would change, and the risks that come with going solo?
CMS, or content management systems, are platforms for managing and administering website content. There is no denying that CMSes are important in today's web ecosystem. These content management systems not only provide an easy way to build and maintain websites, but they also lend a helping hand in updating and editing website content without the need to spend hours or days writing and altering...
When everything is running fine, your system logs can sometimes just get in the way and take up space. But when the code hits the fan, you want to see what's going on. So how can you cut through all the noise to understand what happened in the system before errors started occurring?
Adding Release Notes and Readme‘s to your software can be a bit tedious. Well, not in Bintray! Thanks to the excellent Asciidoctor framework, Bintray now lets you annotate your software with online Asciidoc docs, so it’s just as easy as writing code!
Migrating a data center to the cloud is a slippery slope, and once an organization begins the process of moving to a SaaS, PaaS or IaaS provider, they find themselves quickly adopting more and more cloud based technologies. But there is still a great deal of fear when it comes to taking that first step. So how can organizations mitigate their risk while at the same time get an idea of what types...
One of the main blockers we see with using Syslog in general is getting it setup, especially if you want to collect data from non-Syslog files – i.e. log files that Rsyslog has not already been configured to collect data from out of the box. This is a 3-step guide on how to configure Rsyslog to also send data from files not part of the default configuration:...
Estimating, provisioning and pricing is always insane, and no matter which route one takes, be it an in-house data center or a cloud-based provider, estimated costs rarely equal the dollar value of the check that gets written at the end of the month. Are cloud computing costs high? That question can only be answered if you have something with which to accurately compare it.
As new technologies arise, common catch phrases, easily remembered terms, and familiar abbreviations quickly emerge that can paradoxically be both explanatory and confounding. The cloud computing space is a prime example, as terms like SaaS, DaaS and IaaS can on the one hand help outside observers garner a high level understanding of what a given offering in this space might provide, while at the...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- Template based web design with JSF Facelets: ui:insert versus ui:include (20 Jul 2014) When creating a web page template with JSF, a developer needs to know the difference between...
- Turning a web page into a JSF 2.0 template with Facelets (19 Jul 2014) How do you take a web page and turn it into a template using Facelets as the template engine? It...
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Visualization techniques revolutionize modern business intelligence gathering (06 Jul 2014) With so much data to be analyzed, organizations want a new way to be able to conceptualize the...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.