RebelLabs' Developer Productivity Report 2013 shows statistical evidence that the methods we practice and the tools we use in teams have significant effects on our ability to deliver quality software on time. See 23 beautifully-designed graphs based on 1006 software engineer responses.
A survey by the London Java User Group was sent out globally to get feedback from Java developers on what they wanted to see next from Java, Java EE and the standards body (JCP).
Demonstrates the power of application record and playback in offering multiple (service component) perspectives on the same source recording.
Programmers that write technical articles and blogs about code, technology and geeky stuff are on a path to becoming better coders and more visible industry mavens (no pun intended) --which isn't too bad for your career, by the way...
We have been using Eclipse for as long as we can possibly remember. And now just a few months ago we migrated the whole dev team to IntelliJ. Find out the reasons from the post.
Mark Reinhold announces that the Java Platform Group has successfully brought JDK 8 to its eighth milestone. Now, developers get a chance to preview the build.
The enterprise landscape has changed significantly since many enterprises have implemented their SOA based systems. One reality is that when SOA meets mobile, taking a defensive approach to security becomes a requirement.
Emerging technology trends such as social, mobile, cloud and big data may be the new norm, but compliance and security fears persist.
Use this blog as Guide to prepare for the holiday shopping season. It is a collection of Best Practices we captured from our previous and current engagements with eCommerce veterans and startup sites that managed to get through the previous holiday seasons without major hiccups. The main goal is to ensure high conversion rates. In order to do this you need to test the important landing pages,...
Back in late May, jClarity ran small survey to see what the state of Java/JVM cloud (virtualised) deployments were in their community. Here are the results of that survey, despite it's relatively small sample size it makes for interesting reading!
Google is about to do it again. What you ask? They're about to release a new product that will likely wither and die after a handful of developers start using it and investing time in it. Here are all the non-existent details about Google Web Designer that you don't really need to know.
Apache TomEE is a Java EE server, which provides you with the best technology stack that can be deployed to a simple Java EE container. you’ll see how easy it is to deploy Java web apps into TomEE. In this tutorail you'll see how easy it is to deploy Java web apps into TomEE.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- The Scala debate demystified: Balancing the rants with the raves (01 Mar 2014) It's been over ten years since Scala appeared on the enterprise computing landscape. Some...
- NoSpinningDiscs: Why your NoSQL solution thirsts for SSDs (02 Mar 2014) Organizations are always looking for opportunities to tune their architecture. To achieve massive...
- Top four reasons why you should use Scala on your next project (01 Mar 2014) Is it time for your organizations to unshackle itself from its legacy of Java development, and...
- Continuous Development: The glue holding DevOps, TDD and Agile methods together (05 Feb 2014) Continuous integration(CI) and continuous development (CD) have become central components in the...
- The three most common NoSQL mistakes you don't want to be making (02 Mar 2014) More and more organizations are using NoSQL to solve various data persistence problems. But...
- Better software testing and improved quality starts with the culture (03 Jan 2014) Software testing is more than just a stage in the development process. Testing is a philosophy that...
- Can Java and JSF on the server-side make mobile on the front end easier? (05 Jan 2014) While many software developers are learning new programming languages to deliver native mobile...
- Scala? Groovy? Why Java is the right programming language for 2014 and beyond (01 Jan 2014) New programming languages offer a variety of benefits, from the way they handle big data, to the...
- YARN and MapReduce 2.0 elevates big data Hadoop and scheduled processing (03 Jan 2014) YARN represents the biggest architectural change in Hadoop since it's inception over seven years...
- Neo Technology
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.