Man, monitoring web based applications and gathering metrics from single page interfaces (SPIs) developed in AngularJS and Ember can be a real pain. Well, it can be if you're using traditional monitoring software. If you are, SOASTA may have some answers to your problems.
From the performance achievements of the Redis NoSQL database to the simplification of persistence mapping from Java code to big data stores, the world of NoSQL and big data development is changing fast.
Typesafe Deputy CTO Viktor Klang goes into the world of microservices to see how these new system architectures emerge from the constraints of reality, and what we can do about it...
A Sneak Peek at Java 9 “Sleeper Feature” REPL and JShell
A tutorial showing you how to perform automated static analysis test using Jenkins and PMD
Codenvy certified On-Prem installs are now available on Microsoft Azure.
Back in March 2015, we created a survey about Java performance testing that would give us insights into how teams and organizations go about performance testing their applications. Now we analyze the data to find answers to the questions like: How do teams do their performance analysis and testing? How long does it take to verify that there are no performance regressions? Who monitors and...
Dean Wampler from Typesafe and Tathagata Das from Databricks present the data streaming landscape and Spark Streaming points in this 60-min webinar, complete with video and slides
While most programmers think checked exceptions in Java are a mistake, I'm of the opposite opinion — unchecked ones are a mistake
The pressure is on! But you can’t complete of the tests you’d normally execute with the limited amount of time you have. So where do you focus? This is a classic question for performance engineers, so we thought we’d help with some key strategies you can use when you are under short time constraints.
Results from the Java Deathmatch – A puzzle minigame for developers
Java 8 came with a major addition to the JDK collection framework, namely the stream API. But the most important question for anyone using Java streams is: are they really faster?
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Modularity thrives when microservices and SOA comes together (24 Mar 2016) Many organizations think they need to make a choice between service oriented architectures and...
- Automated acceptance testing pitfalls to avoid (18 Mar 2016) How can organizations get the most out of their software testing with the least amount of effort?...
- Reactive programming is all the rage at Fluent 2016 (22 Mar 2016) Find out why Microsoft's Matthew Podwysocki said he believes good reactive programming means...
- The key to mobile UI development is planning (29 Feb 2016) There is no such thing as over-planning when prepping for each stage of the mobile UI development....
- Make SCM tool Git the easiest part in a DevOps transition (21 Mar 2016) One of the first changes made by organizations engaging in a DevOps transition is using Git. Here...
- CloudBees answers the call with a Jenkins private SaaS edition (21 Mar 2016) CloudBees has made a name for itself by providing cloud-based approaches to Jenkins users, but its...
- JVM language Kotlin simplifies Android app development (15 Mar 2016) JetBrains, a company known for its popular IntilliJ and RubyMine IDEs, has released Kotlin, a new...
- Combine continuous integration software with GIT (29 Feb 2016) As microservices abound, organizations are finding that integrating Jenkins CI with source code...
- Are reactive systems the future of software architecture? (26 Feb 2016) Building with microservices and asynchronous messages is a start, but according to Typesafe's...
- Solving the problem of scaling Agile across the enterprise (26 Feb 2016) Small to medium-sized development teams have had success using Agile methods. Here's how...