So you are new to the mobile performance testing world. Maybe this is your first job as a tester and you have been tasked with the project of setting up the test framework for a mobile application. Read on to learn the basics of mobile performance testing: http://www.neotys.com/blog/beginners-guide-to-mobile-performance-testing/
OpenXava is an Java Framework for Rapid Development of Enterprise Web Applications. In OpenXava you only have to write the domain classes in plain Java to get a web application ready for production. This 5.0 release has a new look & feel, includes module navigation, user login/logout (so you do not need Liferay anymore), inline editable collections (just like a spreadsheet), a new editor to...
We have now seen thousands of leaks and possibly tens of thousands of OutOfMemoryErrors over the years. For greater good, we have categorized all of them, equipped the materials with thorough explanation about the situation you face with particular error, given examples and guidelines about the possible fixes.
From the makers of JProfiler, perfino is a new APM tool for monitoring JVM with cross-over functionality for profiling.
ZeroTurnaround has a peculiar love affair with Java surveys. I have a feeling that a little ringtone goes off on every ZeroTurnaround employee’s phone each time a survey is submitted, producing a euphoric serotonin rush akin to what a teenage girl experiences every time her iPhone vibrates. But they also tend to get some neat results, one of which that I found particularly interesting was the...
Remember when people just started getting on board with REST? For years it's arguably been the standard way to go, yet these days more developers are talking about use HATEOAS (Hypermedia as the Engine of Application State) concepts as the way to make delivering proper REST APIs easier...
An overview of the newest most innovative tools around for Java developers
The Logentries research team looked across more than 25,000 log management and analytics users, tracking more than 200,000 shared patterns, and identified the top five areas that are most frequently analyzed for performance-related issues. Through the sampling and anonymized analysis of common behaviors and trends across this global community, Logentries is providing its community of users with...
With Java 8, API design is definitely more interesting, but also more complex, with additional functional aspects to consider. Lukas Eder of Jooq.org gives us some things to ponder.
In this release, Errai, which leverages several Java EE technologies such as CDI (for dependency injection,) JPA (for offline mode and local storage,) and JAX-RS, for communicating with remote servers and other services, has had a lot of the work go into adding enhancements to its RPC (Remote Procedure Call) mechanism. The framework now has a swanky global exception handler, and RPC on the server...
Stephen Hynes announces new integration for Windows Phone. Read more about how you can now easily set up the Log Appender in your code.
Apart from Lambdas and extension methods, the JDK has also been enhanced with a lot of new library code, e.g. the Streams API and much more. This means that we can critically review our stacks and – to the great joy of Doctor Deprecator – throw out all the garbage that we no longer need.In a post originally published over at jooq.org, Lukas Eder compiles a 'trash' list.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Inside the portal arena with Liferay (31 Mar 2015) Learn about the front facing portal applications happening at Liferay in this interview with TSS...
- Virtual networking can improve DevOps software quality (31 Mar 2015) Increased use of advanced networking functionality and virtual networking could lead to improved...
- Migrating a website without the migraines (30 Mar 2015) Given all that's involved, migrating to a new website can be challenging. Here is a checklist to...
- How embedded technologies are enabling the Internet of Things (IOT) (29 Mar 2015) From wearable devices to internet connected devices called NodeBots, embedded technologies are...
- Successfully managing software quality with growing, globally distributed teams (26 Mar 2015) Successfully managing a software project is always a challenge, but when a project grows into a...
- Enterprise architects consider using cloud-based IDEs (31 Mar 2015) For many reasons, enterprise architects are now considering cloud-based IDEs as an alternative to a...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.