While any load testing solution will enable you to do some sort of load testing in your Agile environment, comparatively few enable you to follow recommended best practices and overcome the challenges many teams face with load and performance testing on an Agile project. When considering an Agile load testing solution, you first want to ask a number of key questions about the tool's...
Mobile adoption for UI based tasks has been on the increase since smart phones first emerged and, according to Morgan Stanley Research, it is believed that there will be a tipping point this year where users use their mobile devices for web based activity as much as their desktops. With this in mind there are a couple of vital factors to think about when looking at how your front end / user...
You may not have noticed, but history has unfolded before our very eyes in the past few months, with mobile device sales expected to outpace those of the traditional laptops for the first time. What is somewhat surprising, however, is how immature mobile app monitoring tools are. For anyone trying to gain a better understanding of their mobile apps in the wild (read as developers, product...
We have analyzed the performance of super bowl ad landing pages. There were 3 things that came to our attention: GoDaddy used smaller and optimized landing pages during the game to keep performance goals. Soda Stream was offline for a while due to misconfigured DNS TTL and Kia had availabilty issues because of TCP Socket Timeouts. Read this blog to learn how to avoid these problems on your web...
JINSPIRED has made freely available a new product, Sentris, offering the first Quality of Service (QoS) for Applications.
In this blog we look behind the statistical approaches performance analysis tools take to deal with lots of data. Many tools use statistical sampling approaches by filtering out data that is not relevant. Question though is: How to decide what is relevant? Does it really make sense to just focus on slow performing code and improve that for a small number of users? Or would it be better to focus...
Are you an Eclipse user that has ever wondered why IntelliJ IDEA users are so outspoken about their IDE? Is it possible that some awesome, secret features exist in IntelliJ that Eclipse users aren't aware of?
I have been training my team at the methodology of DevOps and changing the company’s culture. Last week I was trying to explain to some colleagues how we work at Wix and about our dev culture. While doing it I realized that we are doing much more than just DevOps. What we actually do is much more than DevOps, our culture is actually “developer centric culture” or in short “Dev Centric” culture.
At this year’s JAX Mainz, not only will you see the regular deepdive sessions, workshops and keynotes on the Java ecosystem and the rich mix of related open technologies that it entails - you’ll also get the chance to honour your peers and give them the recognition they deserve.
Trimou is an open source Mustache templates implementation written in Java. It's focused on extensibility and configurability. Try it out!
When founders all have background from software development, some weird things are bound to happen. Especially when those founders are creating performance optimization software to be used by operations.
We use an array of tools for managing, maintaining and monitoring our servers. Using current popular parlance, these could often be referred to as DevOps tools, or tools with DevOps use-cases. We’re going to have a quick look at the automation side of things, more specifically, how we spin up VMs in both development and production using Chef allowing us to have consistent software version,...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Behavior-driven development: Five tips for keeping BDD projects on track (09 Dec 2014) Many organizations are approaching software design in a new way, with one of the most popular being...
- Going beyond big data processing to achieve big data understanding (04 Dec 2014) Big data solutions have given enterprises the power to handle, manage and process massive amounts...
- From web development to delivery: Deep front end knowledge is a must for 2015 (02 Dec 2014) Web based deliver will be taken to new levels in 2015, as the technology used to deliver content...
- Reflecting on Liferay Portal: From big data to secure mobile delivery (02 Dec 2014) The portal has evolved in a variety of ways, not the least of which is the manner in which it can...
- Seven ways to optimize mobile apps for improved performance (26 Nov 2014) While many organizations have been developing mobile apps for years, making sure those apps are...
- Enterprise scale AngularJS: Embracing Agile development in a brand new way (20 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014 in Antwerp, Geertjan Wielenga tells of some of the lessons learned on...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...
- 2013 sweetheart AngularJS takes a back seat to Docker at Devoxx 2014 (11 Nov 2014) While AngularJS was everyone's sweetheart at Devoxx 2013, this year at Devoxx 2014, it appears that...