A security services company uses MapR HBase to calm a data flood. The software drops JVMs to gain better performance. No "Java Inside" stickers here.
We are happy to announce the release of logFaces v4 with many new features and improvements.
The known java static analysis tools could report thousands of violations, and this post decribe a way to xploit better their results.
Today, RRiBbit 2.6.0 has been released, which provides various new enhancements and version upgrades.
A study of close to 85,000 runtimes analyzes the popularity of different Garbage Collectors and elaborates on the reasons why the results are somewhat surprising.
If you you’re an open source developer and you are distributing your packages, you may have wished for the logs and to get statistics for the downloads.
ISVs and software vendors are always in search for alternatives to fulfill their business objectives and goals at the lowest cost possible. One of the best possible strategy that can help them save money while reducing the development and IT overhead is to outsource the software requirements to the offshore development company.
With 42 services in AWS, there's a ton of data waiting to be explored! Find all of your Amazon Web Services logs easily with our newest blog, "Where Are My AWS Logs:" https://blog.logentries.com/2013/11/where-are-my-aws-logs/ That said, finding the logs is only the first step!
Got a chance to attend Amazon's AWS re:Invent conference last week. It was a great conference, and it was a real contrast compared to a typical Java-centric conference like JavaOne. Of course, a conference like this is a great way to figure out what is 'right in the cloud' and where it's going sideways.
Good news for Hadoop developers who want to use Microsoft Windows OS for their development activities. Finally Apache Hadoop 2.2.0 release officially supports for running Hadoop on Microsoft Windows as well. But the bin distribution of Apache Hadoop 2.2.0 release does not contain some windows native components (like winutils.exe, hadoop.dll etc). As a result, if we try to run Hadoop in windows,...
Need information about all your AWS services, such as EC2, EBS, RDS, CloudWatch, Trusted Advisor*, CloudTrail*, etc, in one place? Do you need to easily correlate resource usage (e.g. high cpu utilization), Trusted Advisor recommendations, infrastructure changes (e.g. starting and stopping instances) and user activity (e.g. user X killed instance Y) with information coming from application log...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Top 5 Java based tools for capturing business intelligence (BI) (28 Jul 2014) There are many tools out there for working with BI, but here we look at the top five Business...
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- Template based web design with JSF Facelets: ui:insert versus ui:include (20 Jul 2014) When creating a web page template with JSF, a developer needs to know the difference between...
- Turning a web page into a JSF 2.0 template with Facelets (19 Jul 2014) How do you take a web page and turn it into a template using Facelets as the template engine? It...
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.