The whole point of using AWS EC2 is the ability to scale quickly and near infinitely, right? The problem is, what happens to all the instrumentation you've set up for your event logging? How does this work for that whole scaling aspect? Sure, you can rerun asetup script every time that you spin up an instance. But here's a better solution for when scaling is achieved by launching new instances...
A look at how DevFest has created a new kind of relevant conference for the Internet age using the recent example of what it was like to attend DevFest Ankara
How Groovy and Grails are helping many developers to adopt the Java EE platform
Have you ever been summoned into a "War Room" and were frustrated about the "wasted time" as you were sitting with too many people in the room without knowing what the actual problem is and how to fix it? Before entering such a scenario you should ask the 10 questions summarized in this blog article. It allows those that deal with a critical situation to call in the right people and those that...
Report from saturday's frantic DevFest Istanbul event. Find out what went on, what was discussed and what it was like to attend
There are hosts of technologies and programming languages available. Of these enterprises have widely embraced open source object-oriented programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby etc. for their web development requirements. Considering the coding advantages and structure of language, the most preferable languages that come to my mind are Ruby on Rails and Java since the other language i.e....
An increasing confusion about the future of Java and SQL raises the more and more pressing question: what will come after ORM?
NetBeans IDE 7.4 comes with a bunch of great new features, but which are the coolest and most helpful? NetBeans community members share their favorites features. What are yours?
Some limitations of MongoDB that can scare those who are beginning to adopt it.
Sonar is an open source platform for code quality management. It covers different aspects of code quality management like code duplication, complexity, coverage by unit tests, architecture & design, rule based defect identification etc. This post will help you to get started with Sonar in few minutes.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- Template based web design with JSF Facelets: ui:insert versus ui:include (20 Jul 2014) When creating a web page template with JSF, a developer needs to know the difference between...
- Turning a web page into a JSF 2.0 template with Facelets (19 Jul 2014) How do you take a web page and turn it into a template using Facelets as the template engine? It...
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Visualization techniques revolutionize modern business intelligence gathering (06 Jul 2014) With so much data to be analyzed, organizations want a new way to be able to conceptualize the...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.