VMware’s Eran Dvir gives RabbitMQ users a peek at how they can get detailed information on latencies and errors in communication from a new plugin for its free Spring Insight byte code instrumentation tool.
New changes to OAuth 2.0 saw its original editor storm out of the process. Here's a rundown of the drama and what effect changes made in the 2.0 version will have on developers.
Overview of the 5 basic strategies for dealing with optional dependencies in Java libraries and frameworks, with a discussion about use cases, advantages and disadvantages of each strategy for both the end-user and the library developer.
In current post we are going to see how to use JaCoCo Jenkins Plugin to have an overall code coverage statistics of Maven projects that contains more than one module.
An interesting article on introducing AOP using aspectwerkz and how to implement a common way of logging as an aspect.
For Red Hat, SwitchYard is the new ESB. Project SwitchYard is a significant, and arguably well-needed, retooling of the JBoss ESB. "JBoss ESB 4 is the existing ESB. SwitchYard is essentially JBoss ESB 5," says SwitchYard project leader Keith Babo. What will this new change mean for upcoming versions of the JBoss SOA Platform?
This article provides a deep dive into various core Java collections and some core factors to consider while choosing your right collection class.
Recently, Oracle's Mark Reinhold blogged to the effect that Project Jigsaw will not be ready for the next rev of Java -- that is, Java 8, planned for September 2013. That could very well place Jigsaw as a standard reality somewhere in the 2015 timeframe.
Most of us we are using Jenkins/Hudson to implement Continuous Integration/Delivery, and we manage job orchestration combining some Jenkins plugins like build pipeline, parameterized-build, join or downstream-ext. We require configuring all of them which implies polluting the job configuration through multiple jobs, which takes the system configuration very complex to maintain. Build Flow enables...
New programming tutorials are currently being uploaded to TheServerSide.com. As these new tutorials are fully published, this thread will be updated with the associated links and content. Stay tuned!
Excessive use of Logging, misconfigured framework settings and creating a large number of Exception objects to get stack trace information are some of the problems we see in applications that work well in low load test environments but break once put into production. This blog marks the start of a series of blog posts covering the Top Performance Mistakes when moving from Test to Production. All...
IG Group has open-sourced its RESTdoclet tool for generating web-based REST documentation from RESTful services implemented using the Spring REST framework.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- JSR-286 development tutorial: Mastering request-response programming (17 May 2013) This portlet programming tutorial shows how the PortletRequest and Portlet Response are used when...
- Two most commonly misconfigured Tomcat performance settings (05 May 2013) Tomcat on the server is different from Tomcat on the desktop, but too many system admins fail to...
- Yale graph DB project uncovers hidden big data trends (05 May 2013) Graphic analysis of big data problems can often uncover hidden trends that might otherwise be...
- Expert insight into building distributed, service oriented systems (03 May 2013) Developing complex service oriented systems is a challenge, but with insight from the author of the...
- Dell Boomi and other integration providers jump on API management (10 May 2013) After several API management firms were acquired elsewhere, Dell Boomi announces their own API...
- Software developers demanding resource based, RESTful APIs (03 May 2013) Software developers are demanding APIs that are delivered in a RESTful, resource based way, and one...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.