Arquillian Cube is an Arquillian extension that can be used to manage Docker containers from Arquillian. Basically it starts all Docker containers required for your tests, deploys the application (or micro-application) which can be Java based or not, runs the tests and finally stops all of them.
In this post we look at the solutions to the common reasons why a Maven build might be slow. Serial build, not parallelized tests, doing unnecessary work are all signs that you can speed up your Maven build.
Containers, containers everywhere but no containment to be seen.
If you’ve been in the software world for a while now, you know the idea of introducing a lite application isn’t exactly new or uncommon. However, it’s often done for different reasons. A free version can be used as a giveaway to attract new users while an easy-to-use version is perfect for novices. Likewise, single-purpose versions may be made to isolate and streamline a specific portion of...
Take a closer look at some of the common challenges of performance testing microservices, explore best practices for testing your microservices, and explain how you can monitor the performance of your microservices in production.
In the midst of Docker’s meteoric rise and the explosion of talk around containers, it can be easy to lose oneself in all of the new terminology and jargon. While we think about the challenges presented by using containers in production, we also continue to hear the metaphor of Pets vs. Cattle and why it’s important to maintain an infrastructure that acts like a herd of cows.
What are the pros and cons of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack and Fabric?
A prototype is what a software project starts from; this article explains the nine critical steps in the process of its creation
it’s time to turn our eyes to the future for a bird’s-eye view of what’s coming in Java EE 8, which will run in alignment with Java SE 8. As David Delabassee commented at Devoxx UK 2015, a lot has changed since the transition from J2EE, and the reinvention is continuing with this upcoming release. Although it’s very early days still, there are a few concrete specifics in place. Delabassee...
Konrad Malawski, Akka team member and Reactive Streams contributor, goes deep into the protocols, tools and methodologies user for building Reactive applications. Full video and slides provided.
Currently I am co-writing Arquillian in Action book with my colleague Jason Porter. Last week the book just entered into MEAP stage.
Application Performance Management, or APM, is the monitoring and management of the availability and performance of software applications. Different people can interpret this definition differently so this article attempts to qualify what APM is, what it includes, and why it is important to your business.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...