Have you ever thought of using your Unit Tests for Performance and Architecture Validation? Looking at metrics like the number of exceptions, SQL statements or web service calls for your automated tests allows you proactively identify performance and scalability problems. In this article we show how we detect problems automatically using Jenkins before hitting production.
"InterPortlet communication - Best Practices Matrix" allows to choose best practice for various use cases of IPC.
With apps running on multiple instances on Amazon's EC2, stuff spinning up and shutting down constantly, and just the ever-increasing complexity of applications you're probably finding that managing tags and alerts in your log management solution is getting unwieldy. Well today we've got a solution! Find out how you can manage all of your tags and alerts, across all your logs, centrally and...
This extended RebelLabs article covers the memory layout structure of class and objects, and how to get yourself direct memory access by using Unsafe class - sun.misc.Unsafe.
A security services company uses MapR HBase to calm a data flood. The software drops JVMs to gain better performance. No "Java Inside" stickers here.
We are happy to announce the release of logFaces v4 with many new features and improvements.
The known java static analysis tools could report thousands of violations, and this post decribe a way to xploit better their results.
Today, RRiBbit 2.6.0 has been released, which provides various new enhancements and version upgrades.
A study of close to 85,000 runtimes analyzes the popularity of different Garbage Collectors and elaborates on the reasons why the results are somewhat surprising.
If you you’re an open source developer and you are distributing your packages, you may have wished for the logs and to get statistics for the downloads.
ISVs and software vendors are always in search for alternatives to fulfill their business objectives and goals at the lowest cost possible. One of the best possible strategy that can help them save money while reducing the development and IT overhead is to outsource the software requirements to the offshore development company.
With 42 services in AWS, there's a ton of data waiting to be explored! Find all of your Amazon Web Services logs easily with our newest blog, "Where Are My AWS Logs:" https://blog.logentries.com/2013/11/where-are-my-aws-logs/ That said, finding the logs is only the first step!
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Expert insights on the challenges of mobile DevOps and cloud based testing (25 Aug 2014) The big vendors in the mobile DevOps space have been slow to move, which has allowed a number of...
- How a growing demand for data tier scalability spawned the NoSQL movement (25 Aug 2014) There was a time when even the suggestion of storing an organization's data in anything but a...
- HTML5 now rules the desktop, but shortcomings make it a hard sell for mobile (18 Aug 2014) HTML5 is changing the game for both mobile and desktop developers, but that doesn't mean HTML5 is a...
- HTML5 tools and semantic elements analyzed and explained (14 Aug 2014) HTML5 is still a bit of a mystery for some developers. In this tip, developers can learn about the...
- The self-service BI proposition: How big data is disrupting business intelligence (09 Aug 2014) Massive amounts of data are being crunched in order to provide business intelligence to managers...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.