Kairi Kangro has written "On Java Collection Waste," an article in which he examines the wasted heap associated with the standard Java collections library. Short form: they work pretty well.
Spring Mobile Hello World Example that includes DeviceResolver, SitePreference, urlPath SiteSwitcher and LiteDeviceDelegatingViewResolver
Spring Mobile is an extension to Spring MVC for development of mobile web applications. The Spring Mobile Device module provides a feature (DeviceResolver / LiteDeviceResolver) to detect devices like mobile and tablet in the server side. Device aware view management is very useful specially when it is required to serve different optimized versions of same website based on request generating...
JINSPIRED has released a new free Java application performance monitoring solution, Satoris, based on it's adaptive intelligent technology along with the open sourcing of a Probes Open API.
Have you ever thought about seeing how well you’d do as an independent contractor in the coding game? What challenges you’d face, how your routine would change, and the risks that come with going solo?
CMS, or content management systems, are platforms for managing and administering website content. There is no denying that CMSes are important in today's web ecosystem. These content management systems not only provide an easy way to build and maintain websites, but they also lend a helping hand in updating and editing website content without the need to spend hours or days writing and altering...
When everything is running fine, your system logs can sometimes just get in the way and take up space. But when the code hits the fan, you want to see what's going on. So how can you cut through all the noise to understand what happened in the system before errors started occurring?
Adding Release Notes and Readme‘s to your software can be a bit tedious. Well, not in Bintray! Thanks to the excellent Asciidoctor framework, Bintray now lets you annotate your software with online Asciidoc docs, so it’s just as easy as writing code!
Migrating a data center to the cloud is a slippery slope, and once an organization begins the process of moving to a SaaS, PaaS or IaaS provider, they find themselves quickly adopting more and more cloud based technologies. But there is still a great deal of fear when it comes to taking that first step. So how can organizations mitigate their risk while at the same time get an idea of what types...
One of the main blockers we see with using Syslog in general is getting it setup, especially if you want to collect data from non-Syslog files – i.e. log files that Rsyslog has not already been configured to collect data from out of the box. This is a 3-step guide on how to configure Rsyslog to also send data from files not part of the default configuration:...
Estimating, provisioning and pricing is always insane, and no matter which route one takes, be it an in-house data center or a cloud-based provider, estimated costs rarely equal the dollar value of the check that gets written at the end of the month. Are cloud computing costs high? That question can only be answered if you have something with which to accurately compare it.
As new technologies arise, common catch phrases, easily remembered terms, and familiar abbreviations quickly emerge that can paradoxically be both explanatory and confounding. The cloud computing space is a prime example, as terms like SaaS, DaaS and IaaS can on the one hand help outside observers garner a high level understanding of what a given offering in this space might provide, while at the...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Bitnami: How a pet project evolved into cloud hosting and server management (24 Sep 2015) It's amazing how what was once a pet project that provided simple installers to fellow developers...
- Will Java 8 Lambda expressions really change JavaEE development? (10 Sep 2014) One of the most anxiously anticipated Java 8 features was the addition of Lambda expressions. But...
- Advanced JSF Tutorial: The single page interface (SPI) with Facelets, Ajax and HTML5 (07 Sep 2014) Some say it's impossible, but if you really understand the technology, you will realize that...
- Top 5 DevOps best practices for achieving security, scalability and performance (07 Sep 2014) How do you get the most out of your applications? One way is to adopt a DevOps approach to...
- Is PaaS as dangerous as it seems? Cloudbees bust some cloud computing myths (07 Sep 2014) Is cloud computing as dangerous as it seems? From open source do-it-yourself types to organizations...
- OpenStack strengthened by AWS, Cloudscaling CTO says (22 Sep 2014) At OpenStack Silicon Valley 2014, Cloudscaling’s CTO discusses using AWS to enhance services.
- CloudBees makes on-premise Enterprise Jenkins their top priority (12 Sep 2014) CloudBees has put their runtime PaaS offering behind them, choosing to focus on their on-premise...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.